• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him?

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him

• Yes, I am a fan of the Doc and would still support

• No, though I am a fan of the Doc, I cannot continue to support him

• Yes, not really a fan of the Doc, but I think he is being treated unfairly

• No, not really a fan of the Doc and I cannot support this.

• Maybe, but only if (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have heard his name more then 100 times at this point, and never felt a single sliver of interest in watching him...

Based on everything I heard, I have no interest in watching characters or trolls. If I'm going to watch a streamer, I want to watch a person. Even if it is a more entertainment-friendly version of that person.

And I don't care enough to inform myself on why everyone is making a big deal about him now. Heard about minors. And all I have to say is, another one.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not sure how anyone can still support him.

He admitted messaging a minor. Although he says nothing sexual or criminal happened, the fact he was messaging a minor is a huge red flag.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This guy is a blight on society and an incredibly bad figure for young gamers (his target adience) to look up to. The fact that there's grown ass people looking up to this racist, unfaithful and misogynistic motherfucker is bizarre. edit: oops i forgot pedophilic

OP reminds me of this:
GRHE5UiXAAAGNx-
I don't separate the two. I'm just being honest. I have been a fan of Doc. I think that it's unclear whether he was aware that it was a minor or not. The safe choice would be to air on the side of caution and assume he did know, because it was not said otherwise.

I've thought about the details of the situation. This minor, had to have been a content creator of some sort. Their were no pictures sent, so the question becomes, why would Doc entertain this in the first place? He had to have at least some knowledge of who this person was prior to the texting...or maybe been made privy to their identity from texting on twitch. Not that this matters by itself, but I wonder if there was a way doc could reasonably assume it was a minor he was texting.

I think of it like this. I'm a fan of Dave Chappelle. Some would consider his comedy...inherently racist, misogynistic and maybe even homophobic. But it's an act...that's why he doesn't lose fans. If Dave Chappelle cheated on his wife, would I stop consuming his comedy? No...it's none of my business.

Granted, if Dave Chappelle was inappropriate with a person he knows is a minor, that's where I draw the line...just like what I stated in my OP in regards to Doc.

So no sir, you misunderstand me if you think this tweet reminds you of me.

Last edited:
He’s the best streamer out there,

If he was one state over, in Nevada, he probably wouldn’t even have gotten fired. 16 is the age of consent in most states, including Nevada, but it is 18 in California.

if law enforcement or civil lawsuits from the other party were involved, I’d be more concerned, but they aren’t.

I can understand if some people see him differently now though.

Edit: from below

The kid could be 11 for all we know.

if true, Twitch likely would have been forced to contact law enforcement. It’s illegal to “seduce” a minor over electronic communications in California. California penal code 288.2. They would be legally liable for not reporting the offense to law enforcement. If fact, this makes me suspect that the person may have lived in another state where the communication was legal, but would not be legal in California.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
He’s the best streamer out there,

If he was one state over, in Nevada, he probably wouldn’t even have gotten fired. 16 is the age of consent in most states, including Nevada, but it is 18 in California.

if law enforcement or civil lawsuits from the other party were involved, I’d be more concerned, but they aren’t.

FeralEcho

I'll probably still watch compilations made by other channels of funny moments from his streams like I used to do whenever I had nothing specific in mind to watch on youtube.

But actually supporting his channel with views or likes or even worse,giving actual money to this idiot after he sent his life down the drain knowingly texting innapropriately with a 17 yo when he had a loving familly and the world at his feet?

Fuck no! Anyone who supports him with money after this is a bigger idiot than him.

if true, Twitch likely would have been forced to contact law enforcement. It’s illegal to “seduce” a minor over electronic communications in California. California penal code 288.2. They would be legally liable for not reporting the offense to law enforcement. If fact, this makes me suspect that the person may have lived in another state where the communication was legal, but would not be legal in California.

Kuranghi

You could say he betrayed and disrespected his wife and kids, but he committed no crime whatsoever and calling him a paedo is fucking insane.

There's a woman who works in my office and she's just turned 20. She's been seeing a 37 yo man since she was 19 🤷‍♂️

This was 4 years ago so DrD was 38, while the woman was 17, sending "inappropriate messages", we have no idea what that entails. It literally could've been "ooo you've got a cracking arse luv" lol.

How is this even a story? Its just a man making a terrible decision, who fucking cares.

The age of consent for sex is 16 in the country I'm in, here even if he met up with her and fucked her brains out it wouldn't be illegal and/or a story worth telling.

kirby007

You could say he betrayed and disrespected his wife and kids, but he committed no crime whatsoever and calling him a paedo is fucking insane.

There's a woman who works in my office and she's just turned 20. She's been seeing a 37 yo man since she was 19 🤷‍♂️

This was 4 years ago so DrD was 38, while the woman was 17, sending "inappropriate messages", we have no idea what that entails. It literally could've been "ooo you've got a cracking arse luv" lol.

How is this even a story? Its just a man making a terrible decision, who fucking cares.

The age of consent for sex is 16 in the country I'm in, here even if he met up with her and fucked her brains out it wouldn't be illegal and/or a story worth telling.
its envy

I never supported him (YouTube streaming sucks), but I gave him the benefit of the doubt instead of joining the torch-wielding Twitter mob.

Having said all that, this is my ultimate position on ANY streamer drama:
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Nah.

Unless some crazy proof came out that disputes every fact we have now, and deems him not a predator, but even he admitted he is one so yeah.

GG. RIP BOZO.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If by "support" you mean watch his streams every now and then yeah sure, why not.

I don't give a fuck he texted a 17 year old.
Few things :
-Age was never confirmed. Could’ve been 12 for all we know.
-Two it was seeming more likely it was a boy, and not a girl
-Three rolling stone said he knew it was a minor and kept going , and that he tried to downplay inappropriate, but they were 100% sexual in nature

—-

Just some extra info in case it makes any difference to you.

KaiserBecks

Only streamer I ever supported was Lvndmark, really like the guy.

A long time ago I watched Dr Disrespect every now and then, thought his 90s Wrestling type persona was original.

I’m not really a fan of what’s going on right now though. Unless I’ve missed something, everything is based on allegations. Destroying someone’s livelihood based on twitter messages from people I’ve never heard of is not ok. Doubt he’ll be back this time.

G-DannY

to watch him for fun, yes (I do like a lot when he goes relentlessly mad for example fighting hard bosses or dying cluelessly in elden ring), as I always have done

to support him with money, not, as I never have done.

it is/was the most entertaining and high value produced streamer of all btw

Last edited:
No.

I'd watched him some, I recall during the 2018-2020 era. Not much in total, but I did.

He wasn't really that interesting to me, mostly because I loathe most Battle Royale games and haven't played much of CoD in years.

But this is something that no one should be allowed to come back from, imo. And I don't think there's any way he could come back, honestly. The damage is total. If, for some reason, his wife doesn't leave him and take him to the cleaners, he should take his money(if he invested smartly) and live out a quiet life.

It is somewhat saddening--from what I'd viewed, he had an iconic outfit, style, millions of followers, high production values, partnerships galore, beautiful wife and family..

The man had achieved a lot and ruins it all in the worst of possible ways. Absolutely unbelievable.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Nope. I was never really into him or his content in the first place. I glanced periodically if he was showing something exclusive. But it would be brief, and then I'd bounce. I really don't understand why anyone would want to "support" him anymore. He's clearly pretty damn gross.

Hold on a sec, was he caught sexting a 17y.o.??? I thought it was a kid???
The age was not confirmed. All that was confirmed was that it was a minor that he was talking to and that it was "casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate." At least, according to his words. There have been people saying it's "much worse than that", but that's all we really know. At least from the horses mouth, or closest to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom