• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Ricky_R

For those who are currently playing or who already completed the game, is it fun to blow up cars? Is there a kinetic pulse like power/move? Without spoiling of course.

I ask because I haven't seem many videos of people fucking around with cars and I they haven't shown a power like the pulse which made blowing up cars quite fun.

Dat pre-release wall of shame. lol.

ibaM8ifTXArYWh.png

How long was Arkham City? I really hope there isn't a double standard for length.

I have a feeling reviewers will have to look for something though. Even though i2 was the same length.

I think it's going to vary from one person to another. Arkham City took me 7 1/2 hours( only story) to beat it in my first run on Normal. My only two complaints with Arkham City were it being shorter than Arkham Asylum and lacking in boss fights, but it was still one of the best games I've played along with Arkham Asylum.

Carbonox

Infamous is one of those franchises that on paper could make a great subject for a film/TV series and yet you just know no one's got the cojones to do something original under the umbrella without catering to fan expectation (which everyone does when crafting something from a game). They try to stick too strictly to the template of the game, using characters, plot elements, etc. and it of course never works.

Then again, saying this applies to many game franchises. So many whose universes could lend well to extended media but no one would dare try in a meaningful way where TV shows/movies are concerned at least. Some just revel in their mediocrity (Resident Evil) and go with the flow cos it sells. Fair play to the studios, you got your monies.

I can't help but laugh when I think of a Michael Fassbender Assassin's Creed coming up or a Tom Hardy Splinter Cell. We'll see how long those last before being canned.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So, if I caught this right, no preload in EU PSN Store? :\
Game is not even on the list, maybe they will include it with tomorrow's update...

RytGear

Haha, could you imagine if you had the masonry power in the game and you could just spend all your time making intricate structures of willies for the people of Seattle to marvel at. Spin off perhaps? ;)

OT: Could someone who has played the game answer some questions?
Will I care about what happens to the characters?
How is it in side content in comparison to something like Arkham City? ( felt too much)
What difficulty do you suggest starting on?

FMbarbarian

OT: Could someone who has played the game answer some questions?
Will I care about what happens to the characters?
How is it in side content in comparison to something like Arkham City? ( felt too much)
What difficulty do you suggest starting on?

Without going into spoilers. The characters are enjoyable and play off of Delsin really well particularly Fetch and Reggie. The villain is also interesting and not exactly what you expect, but I won't go to far into that.

Side content is like past Infamous games. They are fairly brief and fun they don't slow down the pace of the game.

As far as difficulty you can take the tried and true approach from previous Infamous games. Play evil on expert and good on normal or easy. Choose whichever story you want to see first I suggest good personally.

Namikaze1

Just got my kit!

Although I already did the exam except I took the online version.
Anyone knows if I can retake the powers test? Now that I got the kit, I would like to try it again.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just got my kit!

Although I already did the exam except I took the online version.
Anyone knows if I can retake the powers test? Now that I got the kit, I would like to try it again.

Yeah, the kit version overrides the online exam.

Lucent

None of them except Smoke are actually in the game.

Nah I mean like maybe DLC or something. I dunno I just feel like
four (or possibly five powers if the paper power actually happens) is kind of a low amount. Granted, you had much less in the previous games. Just thought it'd be cool if the dev added future powers to play around with.

Nah I mean like maybe DLC or something. I dunno I just feel like
four (or possibly five powers if the paper power actually happens) is kind of a low amount. Granted, you had much less in the previous games. Just thought it'd be cool if the dev added future powers to play around with.

Yeah it would be so cool if they were added as DLC or something. Or maybe they might even appear in the second game because in certain side missions it also alludes to conduits having glass, paper, shadow powers etc. so who knows.

orochi91

I am going to try my best to not beat this game as fast as I can. I am going to milk it for a while.

Yup, this is the best approach. In Infamous 2 I went into the ice-men held territories well before I was supposed to. It was a blast trying to avoid them while looking for the shards and pigeon drops. It was pretty intense and that ice-jump was a life saver.

Levyne

Banned
If I don't see the kit in the mail today, I'll just take the online one. Still no way to link your PSN account to the paper trail thing, right?

Top Bottom