• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Radec

My body...
999_by_rockshow2oo8-d77ug91.gif

101010_by_rockshow2oo8-d77ufuo.gif

111111_by_rockshow2oo8-d77uaad.gif

is readddyyyy!

I noticed the power bar had a different color but without context I don't know what it is.
Oh well.

Oh yea to anyone who plays it today is there an update to the game?

The_Monk

Nice OT fellow GAFfer, thanks for making it.

My good people, today I went for an event with Sucker Punch in here. I had the pleasure to meet, great and talk after the conference was over with Brian Fleming and Ken Schramm.

They are amazing people. Very friendly, kind to the people who were there attending and it was really nice to see them taking their time to answer some side questions. I was lucky to bother Brian Fleming after the conference was over to talk a bit about how Marketing and communication was performed during the process of making this game and after it went gold (I asked this, because it's my area). I was surprised for him to share so many personal stories and giving me solid examples. We also talked a bit about The Last of Us. To be honest I still can't believe how friendly and informal this experience was. I was sitting on the stage, after the show was over talking to Brian. It was amazing.

Other questions were about how hard it was developing for the PS4 considering they were coming from the PS3 (the answer was something in the lines of: "It was much more easier, Cell processor was a pain in the *** sometimes -or at least that was what we called it sometimes when he ran into some troubles- but this time we managed to makes things look much better considering the power of the console too".

I managed to see this game with my own eyes live, during some side story events and it looks really good. I mean, I saw the videos on Youtube but in person there were two things that made me even more hyped: the rain/reflection on the floor (I love rain in games so I might be suspect on this one) and the neon effects when the character absorbs the energy from objects. The game was played on a 32" TV so I'm curious to see on those bigger TV's.

For those lucky GAFfers getting this on Day One I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. The visuals really caught my attention and I wish I could have played more since I have no idea when I'm going to. My birthday is in two days, Sunday (I'm getting old!) and while this was my initial purchase for a "gift for myself" my budgeting forced me to skip it for now and look for a cheaper/more affordable title unfortunately... Will be looking for your impressions next week, hype!

Quick photo for my good GAFfers (Brian Flemming on the left and the third one is Ken Schramm).

lUxXKvtl.jpg

:)

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't preorder games and I just preordered this one. The hype and praise in the spoiler thread was too much, and I don't want to miss out on the free DLC.

I knew I should have stayed out of this thread lol

Tried so hard to stay on blackout for this game but now I am the proverbial fat kid in the candy store. I'm just too hype.

Raptor

I spoiled myself some power, and if its true this will make it the best god damn open world game ever, Im not even kidding.

God damn please be true!

viveks86

I don't preorder games and I just preordered this one. The hype and praise in the spoiler thread was too much, and I don't want to miss out on the free DLC.

Same here. First preordered game of all time for me. Did it yesterday after all the impressions from the first 20 minutes. Don't want to miss the DLC.

Raptor

Same here. First preordered game of all time for me. Did it yesterday after all the impressions from the first 20 minutes. Don't want to miss the DLC.

I preordered this one after maybe 10 years or something, last game I preordered was........

....can't remember.

Sorc3r3r

Wow these last pics are unbelievable.

It seems that i'll have to move my ps4 from my monitor to my big tv... my lazyness is already screaming for the pain.

true but we haven't seen that move yet I believe. SP censored it in their preview videos as well.

I don't mind since it's a power we knew about but some might

Yeah thats what I was trying to get at. It doesn't bother me, but we haven't seen the full thing before, its been censored.

B.O.O.M

Yeah thats what I was trying to get at. It doesn't bother me, but we haven't seen the full thing before, its been censored.

Yep I checked a few videos again and we haven't seen this one. Basically the orbital drop equivalent for the neon power

I would personally recommend just leaving the links to the gifs and saying what it's for so anyone who doesn't even wanna see it won't unintentionally

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just volunteered to make an 8 hour round trip tomorrow (when I'm supposed to get my copy) without thinking. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

EGOMON

Nice OT fellow GAFfer, thanks for making it.

My good people, today I went for an event with Sucker Punch in here. I had the pleasure to meet, great and talk after the conference was over with Brian Fleming and Ken Schramm.

They are amazing people. Very friendly, kind to the people who were there attending and it was really nice to see them taking their time to answer some side questions. I was lucky to bother Brian Fleming after the conference was over to talk a bit about how Marketing and communication was performed during the process of making this game and after it went gold (I asked this, because it's my area). I was surprised for him to share so many personal stories and giving me solid examples. We also talked a bit about The Last of Us. To be honest I still can't believe how friendly and informal this experience was. I was sitting on the stage, after the show was over talking to Brian. It was amazing.

Other questions were about how hard it was developing for the PS4 considering they were coming from the PS3 (the answer was something in the lines of: "It was much more easier, Cell processor was a pain in the *** sometimes -or at least that was what we called it sometimes when he ran into some troubles- but this time we managed to makes things look much better considering the power of the console too".

I managed to see this game with my own eyes live, during some side story events and it looks really good. I mean, I saw the videos on Youtube but in person there were two things that made me even more hyped: the rain/reflection on the floor (I love rain in games so I might be suspect on this one) and the neon effects when the character absorbs the energy from objects. The game was played on a 32" TV so I'm curious to see on those bigger TV's.

For those lucky GAFfers getting this on Day One I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. The visuals really caught my attention and I wish I could have played more since I have no idea when I'm going to. My birthday is in two days, Sunday (I'm getting old!) and while this was my initial purchase for a "gift for myself" my budgeting forced me to skip it for now and look for a cheaper/more affordable title unfortunately... Will be looking for your impressions next week, hype!

Quick photo for my good GAFfers (Brian Flemming on the left and the third one is Ken Schramm).

lUxXKvtl.jpg

:)

Thanks for sharing bro, i am even more hyped god i can't wait

Top Bottom