• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

The first two games, I ended up evil at the end, ending it with Platinum. This time, I'm going evil first getting most trophies and then good with Platinum.

I haven't gotten far at all so I will just comment on general things.

The graphics are freaking beautiful, can't believe this is an open world game. The production values are also top notch, this is one of the biggest surprises for me, never expected them to focus so much on this. Voice acting and the characters are very well done.

I'll post more impressions when I am deeper in the game, haven't really done anything crazy with the gameplay since it's been opening moments, so all I can say on that point is that Delsin controls great. The only negative would be that HUD, it's so big and unnecessary.

Mengetsu

I'm going to play like I have every time. I'll be good or bad depending on the choices but if it ends up like the first game evil all the way till the end I'll regret it :(

original

original

The graphics are freaking beautiful, can't believe this is an open world game. The production values are also top notch, this is one of the biggest surprises for me, never expected them to focus so much on this. Voice acting and the characters are very well done.

I'll post more impressions when I am deeper in the game, haven't really done anything crazy with the gameplay since it's been opening moments, so all I can say on that point is that Delsin controls great. The only negative would be that HUD, it's so big and unnecessary.

Yeah and what makes it even more impressive is that it was made in 2 years by a team of 90 people.

No, thank you for reading it!

And don't worry, soon I'll be able to play it even if I'll be on the LTTP side. As soon as I can, will play this. :)

Annnnnddd...I just figured out what LTTP means. I Googled it a while back and I found that it meant Letter To The Players, but that always seemed a bit too generic. I now assume that it means Late To The Party.

Dinjooh

1 question do you feel like the city is lifeless like some say New Marais was?

Well for starters, New Marais was extremely foggy (limited view distance) and it was relatively colourless. Both are things which have been improved considerably in the new entry. If the crowd density and sound effects will be up to snuff? No idea.

Autofokus

Is it possible to make the HUD transparent? InFamous 2 had that option.

They need to let the digital go early, ps4 has streaming so everyone is going to be spoiled sooner rather than later.

Is there someone we can tweet to make it happen?

The_Monk

Annnnnddd...I just figured out what LTTP means. I Googled it a while back and I found that it meant Letter To The Players, but that always seemed a bit too generic. I now assume that it means Late To The Party.

It is indeed late to the party fellow GAFfer, I learned on GAF, long time ago. ;)

murgo

I'm so jealous :( I wanna play it too..

Will play Hero on normal first, then be the bad guy on hard and platinum it.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Are you guys gonna play hero or villain? I'm gonna be a bad guy first.

Villain .... The powers change visually depending on your affiliation and from how awesome they look in neon and smoke I can only imagine what that third will look like as a bad guy. Besides "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Kyoufu

If SP didn't want people to be spoiled by the guys who got their copies earlier than street date then why didn't they ship these copies to merchants much closer to the release date?

I mean people got their hands on the game a whole week before the official release date.

i-Lo

I wanted to contribute this custom art for usage in the OP (made it last year in the aforementioned hope):

newpostercopypssyd.png

I hope Sony doesn't drop some new PS4 firmware next week at GDC. I will be out of the country but the second I get back on land I want to be able to push this to download during my drive back home.

Top Bottom