• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Phil Kollar reviewed the game.

1342654255238.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Lol yes except I didn't make this game and my excessive amount of hype should be reason enough for you to get hyped (and know you won't be disappointed when you play it).

Psch no amount of hyping you do will be able to make me hype for thi_ wait what? What the heck is going on here! Where are all these beanies coming from! Why can't I stop dancing?! Arghhhhhhhhhh THE HYPE HAVE CONSUMED ME!!!

i will be in GameStop at midnight to pick up my CE

U2NUMB

Has yours shipped yet? Mine is "Not Yet Shipped". I'm extremely nervous because me and friends have planned a whole weekend based off of iNFAMOUS.......oh no.

Nope still just says pre ordered... still has Fridays date on it. If for some reason they mess it up I will buy it local.. and cancel my order with them.

Just finished a good playthrough, time to do an evil one next! It has been shared that the weather doesn't change after you beat the game but got damn they picked the best weather to show how colorful and beautiful the city is. Hopefully they change this soon. Can't wait to just go ruthless on people.

JABEE

Phil Kollar gave The Last of Us the 7.5 and Ni No Kuni a 6.5

Arthur isn't the only one that shits on PS exclusives.
Phil doesn't pick the scores for the games he reviews.

I believe it is their team of editors including Gies that read the review text and determine the score.

Just finished a good playthrough, time to do an evil one next! It has been shared that the weather doesn't change after you beat the game but got damn they picked the best weather to show how colorful and beautiful the city is. Hopefully they change this soon. Can't wait to just go ruthless on people.

I think you saw from the spoiler thread that you are in for a treat my friend ;)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
For those that have never ordered from Amazon before.. if it says you'll get it the 21st.. you will.

I've bought many games from them with "2 day" release date delivery and they don't usually ship until the night before release date. I've gotten every single game on release day.

Thanks for the confidence booster. I'm really looking forward to it!

I believe it is their team of editors including Gies that read the review text and determine the score.
What? That is the most ridiculous process I've ever heard of

So the score is based off their impression of the review instead of actually playing it?

Cyberia

What? That is the most ridiculous process I've ever heard of

So the score is based off their impression of the review instead of actually playing it?

Here you go:

Games are not scored until a review is written and finalized. Once a review is complete, the reviewer meets with a group of senior editors to determine which score on our scale properly reflects the text as written. We do not write with scores in mind.

http://www.polygon.com/pages/about-reviews

It's true. They have some odd open-reviewing process among the team. So, the score of a game is determined by a bunch of people who have likely never played it.

For any PS exclusive to get through that team unscathed would be a miracle. God speed Second Son.

big-boss-salute-o.gif

JABEE

It's true. They have some odd open-reviewing process among the team. So, the score of a game is determined by a bunch of people who have likely never played it.
I guess if you are going to put a number on a subjective evaluation, you might as well make it the system to do so as weird as possible. Scores in general are pretty stupid.

Paskil

Copy is preparing to ship from Amazon now. Super hyped up. IDGAF about the score. If it's anywhere near as fun to play as 1 and 2, then I have no regrets and will have a blast. Assuming it's fun, this will be my third inFamous platinum trophy.

I think you saw from the spoiler thread that you are in for a treat my friend ;)

Indeed I can't wait, can't wait. Does the city react to you negatively when you are evil? I always hated that in games like Fable where it is overly exaggerated. Also no luck with the Paper Trail, though I don't even know how my email and PSN account would be linked together I don't remember doing it.

Also I looked at the saving system and it seems like it's very easy to mistakenly overwrite something. Do you have multiple saves of good and evil or did you just overwrite everything and go for a new entire save?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wish I knew enough about Pearl Jam to get that. Anybody understand it?

Preceded by a promotional campaign focusing on Pearl Jam's website and social network profiles and two moderately successful singles, "Mind Your Manners" and "Sirens", Lightning Bolt was well received by critics, who considered the album an effective return to the band's old sound, and topped the charts in the United States, Canada, and Australia.

Wiki sez

sjay1994

Copy is preparing to ship from Amazon now. Super hyped up. IDGAF about the score. If it's anywhere near as fun to play as 1 and 2, then I have no regrets and will have a blast. Assuming it's fun, this will be my third inFamous platinum trophy.

Well people on GAF who have the game love it... and I know I am going to love it. I just want SP to be recognized.

Im psychic so I already know this game will reveiw well.. I also sense that people who never plan on buying a PS4 will not like it.... hmmm .. I am also having visions of a mediocre Polygon review

Well people on GAF who have the game love it... and I know I am going to love it. I just want SP to be recognized.
If you liked previous Infamous games I literally don't see how it could be possible to not like this one. It's the best by far, story wise, gameplay wise, and obviously graphics wise.

Don't let reviewers break your faith in this crucial time.

Some of my own pics, I have another I really want to share, but it is from the story and might be borderline spoilerish.

You should probably remove the first picture. It's awesome, but that's a place people haven't seen yet and it also shows a new power that people could possibly guess from the power bar.

Top Bottom