• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

GravyButt

Dont care what the reviews say. Ive put countless hours in already. Plenty to do, and just traversing and sightseeing alone is awesome.

Plus obliterating pedestrains is plain ol fun

sjay1994

Yeah, it's whatever. Don't let a random guy sway your judgement on the game. I just don't understand reviewers like these guys. Do they not enjoy video games?

In general I don't understand reviews. How one game can get away with something, but another can't. How some games feel repetitve, when others don't. I don't understand this criteria reviewers use.

Like why GTA V got a load of 10's, yet saints row 4 gets panned.

Both have similar mission ideas, where you go somewhere and kill things.

The only difference is that there is more to do in GTA V, but the core of Saints Row 4 is much better.

In general I don't understand reviews. How one game can get away with something, but another can't. How some games feel repetitve, when others don't. I don't understand this criteria reviewers use.

Like why GTA V got a load of 10's, yet saints row 4 gets panned.

Both have similar mission ideas, where you go somewhere and kill things.

The only difference is that there is more to do in GTA V, but the core of Saints Row 4 is much better.

thats not true at all though.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
You should probably remove the first picture. It's awesome, but that's a place people haven't seen yet and it also shows a new power that people could possibly guess from the power bar.

Good point, removed. Sorry guys.

Dawg

Just finished it. Tried to do a bit of everything next to the story.

Review should be up when embargo ends tomorrow.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Review discussions
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

Why anyone still cares about professional game reviews when a site like NeoGAF and a quick glance at youtube can tell you everything you need to know about a game is beyond me. I don't think I've read a review in years.

Oh man can we not start this?

It's inevitable just wait for the Infamous second son official review thread. On that note I am pretty sure (in my mind at least) that the game is going to get great reviews on mere presentation alone. I just avoid reviews from IGN or Polygon both which I refuse to give clicks. If I am wrong and the game is reviewed harshly by some then I guess I'll eat crow tomorrow then. The key is too let somebody's review or opinion stop you from enjoying something.

Review discussions
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

Why anyone still cares about professional game reviews when a site like NeoGAF and a quick glance at youtube can tell you everything you need to know about a game is beyond me. I don't think I've read a review in years.
Its sad that critic reviews can make or break the success of a game sales wise.

sjay1994

It's inevitable just wait for the Infamous second son official review thread. On that note I am pretty sure (in my mind at least) that the game is going to get great reviews on mere presentation alone. I just avoid reviews from IGN or Polygon both which I refuse to give clicks. If am I wrong and the game is reviewed harshly by some then I guess I'll eat crow tomorrow then. Don't ever let somebody's review or opinion stop you from enjoying something.

Killzone shadowfall was ripped apart despite its presentation... remember?

sjay1994

Its sad that critic reviews can make or break the success of a game sales wise.

Pretty much this. I have really grown fond of suckerpunch, and I want them to be recognized like how ND and SSM are.

But reviewers and press hold so much power on the success of games it maddening.

orochi91

I don't see why this won't get great reviews. Both the other Infamous games scored well on metacritic and Second Son seems to have improved on them by quite a bit. Plus the presentation/graphics are outstanding.

Review discussions
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

For GAF, we don't need a review to tell us what is good and what isn't but for a more casual gamer they might just jump on metacritic to see what's new hotness. If the game is reviewed mediocrely the game won't receive the recognition that it might deserve?

sjay1994

Killzone didn't look like this.

2408447-9167183492-ib2pF.gif

I don't know...

I have had this lurching feeling that reviewers will rip the game apart.

IGN AU, Eurogamer, Videogamer, etc complain the missions are generic.

The videogamer podcast goes on a tear on the infamous games and even said "sucker punch tries to hard to make their games cool".

People complain about Delsin saying he seems like a douche.

People have complained about the sound of the game.

Then again none of these people seem to have fully played the game and only the fetch missions... but the negativity is worrying.

I don't expect a high score from Videogamer.

http://youtu.be/nlxvlvoEUeg

Opening minutes were they discuss the game/series briefly.

That podcast is absolutely awful, had to turn it off after a few minutes in.

Nothing but complaining about the silliest shit imaginable, and it sounds like there's no fun in their lives at all.

I don't know...

I have had this lurching feeling that reviewers will rip the game apart.

IGN AU, Eurogamer, Videogamer, etc complain the missions are generic.

The videogamer podcast goes on a tear on the infamous games and even said "sucker punch tries to hard to make their games cool".

People complain about Delsin saying he seems like a douche.

People have complained about the sound of the game.

Then again none of these people seem to have fully played the game and only the fetch missions... but the negativity is worrying.

Which is odd given how there's none of that negativity on the forum from people who have played and completed the game.

I don't see why this won't get great reviews. Both the other Infamous games scored well on metacritic and Second Son seems to have improved on them by quite a bit. Plus the presentation/graphics are outstanding.

I can just see some reviewers docking points because its just the same ol infamous with some upgrades and that it wasnt "innovative" or a "game changer" and this is "next gen" and we should expect all new games that come out to be from another dimension... SMH

Edit: I seriously dont care for reviews I just want Sucker Punch to get the recognition they deserve.

Review discussions
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

Because it alters public opinion. We, as fans of the games, want them to do well and sell well.

sjay1994

That podcast is absolutely awful, had to turn it off after a few minutes in.

Nothing but complaining about the silliest shit imaginable, and it sounds like there's no fun in their lives at all.

Which is odd given how there's none of that negativity on the forum from people who have played and completed the game.

As I have said, I know I am going to have a good time with second son, because I loved infamous 1 and 2.

Its just that reviews can really make or break a games performace in terms of recognition, and I feel like its high time SP got some.

Review discussions
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

Because we'd have nothing else to complain about. I stopped paying attention to reviews a while ago, but if you find someone who aligns to your taste it's a great barometer. Then again there is Polygon, I'm fine with their opinions, but if you think The Puppeteer is a 6 and not charming you are fucking wrong.

mreddie

Aside from
the beginning of the game where Augustine stabs Delsin's leg with it,
what can
concrete conduits
do?

Dawg

Can you give us a ball park idea of what the score will be? Fair, good, great or masterpiece?

Great sums up my feelings at the moment. Might change once I wake up and write the review though! But that's currently what I'm going towards.

But I really can't say more. Have to sleep nao as well.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Because it alters public opinion. We, as fans of the games, want them to do well and sell well.

That's fine and I want Sucker Punch to be successful too but all I can do is support good games when I see them. I'm not about to get upset because IGN gave the game a 6.0 and Billy Bob from Alabama is going to pass on the game because of it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Great sums up my feelings at the moment. Might change once I wake up and write the review though! But that's currently what I'm going towards.

But I really can't say more. Have to sleep nao as well.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to your review.

That's fine and I want Sucker Punch to be successful too but all I can do is support good games when I see them. I'm not about to get upset because IGN gave the game a 6.0 and Billy Bob from Alabama is going to pass on the game because of it.
I wouldn't be upset about it. Hell, inFamous is one of my favourite franchises and more sales and critical acclaim can only be a good thing.

I do look forward to reviews, in a sense, though. I do wonder what the metascore will be and who gives it what. Look forward to the 4/10 from Polygon!

Top Bottom