• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

if it's releasing at the same time than yes. Not to argue about semantics that are subjective. but right now SS looks much more AAA than watch dog

Oh it's not like AAA means quality or anything. Several of the "AAA" games we've gotten in the last couple years have been complete shit. I don't think SS sceams AAA as much as WD.

But seriously, Watch_Dogs has to be AAAa, maybe AAAA. Only thing with more A right now is Destiny (solid AAAA).

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ugh. All this review talk is killing my buzz. Can't we save that shit for the review thread that I'm not going to read?

Reviews mean nothing to me, personally, but I know many, many people who live and breathe by other people's opinions, so they put more stock in them than I do. As far as Second Son goes, it looks like an inFAMOUS game with improved everything. As a diehard inFAMOUS fan, I couldn't ask for any more than that.

I'd have loved to have seen a PS4 special edition of inFAMOUS 1 and 2, with 1080p visuals, anti-aliasing, and locked 60fps framerate, as the aliasing and framerate seem to be the biggest complaint I see leveled at inFAMOUS 1 and 2 outside of black and white karma system, and repetitive side missions.

Second Son seems to address many of those complaints. The visuals are clearly improved. The DS4 is leagues better than the DS3, so I imagine the game controls like a dream. The black and white Karma system is intentional design, not a failure of design. SP know what they want; a game where you are a hero, and an anti-hero. There is no in between gray area. This isn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls. The characters and story also seem to be a step up from previous games, and I'm one of the few folks that actually liked the story and characters in both inFAMOUS games (including Nix), so hearing that the story in SS is better makes me very pleased.

I couldn't care less about what a reviewer has to say about a franchise that I love. Fence-sitters are fence-sitters, and they don't personally concern me, no offense. It's not my job to try and convince them of how awesome inFAMOUS is as a franchise, or how it should be played.

I like the review threads, because I can ignore them and stick to the official thread to talk about the game. I'll be glad when it goes up, so hopefully we can get back to sharing cool screenshots and (I can't believe I'm about to say this), talk about beanie avatars some more. Anything is better than spending more breath on Polygon and what they may, or may not score the game.

AAA is subjective. Uncharted 2 was made when ND had about 80-100 people working on it. If you were to compare it to Ubisoft dev team count for their games then it wouldn't be AAA.

hydruxo

Ugh. All this review talk is killing my buzz. Can't we save that shit for the review thread that I'm not going to read?

Reviews mean nothing to me, personally, but I know many, many people who live and breathe by other people's opinions, so they put more stock in them than I do. As far as Second Son goes, it looks like an inFAMOUS game with improved everything. As a diehard inFAMOUS fan, I couldn't ask for any more than that.

I'd have loved to have seen a PS4 special edition of inFAMOUS 1 and 2, with 1080p visuals, anti-aliasing, and locked 60fps framerate, as the aliasing and framerate seem to be the biggest complaint I see leveled at inFAMOUS 1 and 2 outside of black and white karma system, and repetitive side missions.

Second Son seems to address many of those complaints. The visuals are clearly improved. The DS4 is leagues better than the DS3, so I imagine the game controls like a dream. The black and white Karma system is intentional design, not a failure of design. SP know what they want; a game where you are a hero, and an anti-hero. There is no in between gray area. This isn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls. The characters and story also seem to be a step up from previous games, and I'm one of the few folks that actually liked the story and characters in both inFAMOUS games (including Nix), so hearing that the story in SS is better makes me very pleased.

I couldn't care less about what a reviewer has to say about a franchise that I love. Fence-sitters are fence-sitters, and they don't personally concern me, no offense. It's not my job to try and convince them of how awesome inFAMOUS is as a franchise, or how it should be played.

I like the review threads, because I can ignore them and stick to the official thread to talk about the game. I'll be glad when it goes up, so hopefully we can get back to sharing cool screenshots and (I can't believe I'm about to say this), talk about beanie avatars some more. Anything is better than spending more breath on Polygon and what they may, or may not score the game.

Preach!

For real, I'd love to see some more screenshots on here (non-spoilery ones).

XAL

iRf7wQvEKMGKM.PNG

It's happening.

I HATE YOU

DcvAJzt.jpg

Are you allowed to make a review thread early then update it as they come out? I get that people dont want to talk about it in here but its just a few hours away. It would be nice if there was a thread we could speculate about the reviews without tarnishing all the positivity that was going on in this thread.

Are you allowed to make a review thread early then update it as they come out? I get that people dont want to talk about it in here but its just a few hours away. It would be nice if there was a thread we could speculate about the reviews without tarnishing all the positivity that was going on in this thread.

I wouldn't bet my account on it.

I'm no mod, but you might be able to get away with it if whoever does it notes the embargo time in the title so people aren't disappointed / annoyed when they click through. They'd need to be committed to keeping the OP updated when they do start hitting though.

I HATE YOU

DcvAJzt.jpg

Amazon has been messing up with preorders lately. You have to go to change shipping speed and then just confirm the one you already picked and it usually fixes the problem. It might be too late for you though :( you might be able to call and get a free upgrade to one day shipping though.

I'm no mod, but you might be able to get away with it if whoever does it notes the embargo time in the title so people aren't disappointed / annoyed when they click through. They'd need to be committed to keeping the OP updated when they do start hitting though.

I would but I can't commit to updating it. I got to work in the AM.

Shadownet

Banned
Oh man that cheerleaders gif was just perfect!

Anyone else afraid that by getting too hype you'll be disappointed with this game?

I remember I was too hyped for Man of Steel, I came out severely disappointed. Wasn't hyped at all for Iron Man because my younger idiotic self at the time thought it was stupid cause he didn't have any superpower. Came out of the theatre blown away.

I'm trying my best to keep my expectation and hype down so I rather be blown away then be like... Ehhhhhhh.

If this game get 90% or more on Metacritic. I'm going to go nuts!

meanspartan

Sorry if it's already been answered, but I can't seem to find it with a couple google searches. Anyone know what time embargo lifts tomorrow and reviews come in? Be specific if possible, I want to know what time I should try and take my break at work to be able to read some reviews on my phone :p

wapplew

Hey Bloodworth, did you guys talk about Infamous SS in this week GT pod cast? It should be up today right?

Suzzopher

Sorry if it's already been answered, but I can't seem to find it with a couple google searches. Anyone know what time embargo lifts tomorrow and reviews come in? Be specific if possible, I want to know what time I should try and take my break at work to be able to read some reviews on my phone :p

2pm GMT.

I predict lots of 6's and 7's.

Mifune

Mehmber

7 am PST. Bright and early.

XAL

Did you try changing the address and changing it back again to the original?
I had the same problem and switched either the addresses back and forth or the shipping speed.(if you're prime)

Yeah I'm prime. I had to upgrade to one day shipping to get it to register as release date release.

Amazon has been messing up with preorders lately. You have to go to change shipping speed and then just confirm the one you already picked and it usually fixes the problem. It might be too late for you though :( you might be able to call and get a free upgrade to one day shipping though.

Yeah I figured, I just did a customer support chat and got it upgraded release date delivery like it was supposed to.

Thank you based Amazon chat support lady Belle.

cdkee

Banned
Why not 9 ish or 8 ish?

I gave my review earlier in the thread:

Best next-gen game so far.

+ Best console visuals so far (need to see Ground Zeroes though)
+ Game is super fun. Traversal is great with all powers.
+ All the powers are amazing
+ Great setting
+ Great audio

- One quirk I had is that you can't move the camera while meleeing. Not that big of a deal but it would be nice to be able to plan your next movement, especially since the game can be fast paced depending on how you play
- I had a couple frame rate dips (maybe 2-3 times where I noticed it) but really this is a minor inconvenience. Most of the time it's really smooth. Feels like it's above 30 a lot of the time. I'm not sure though.
- Other than the story, there aren't really that many side missions? At least that I've seen, they're mostly just healing people, detecting things (you'll see), etc. Not really that varied outside of the main story (which wasn't that long, I felt, beat it in under 10 hours).

Great game. I'd probably give it 8.75/10. And I'd highly recommend it to any PS4 owner.

OK ,OK, I said 8.75. Upon further thought I still think it's an 8.5 It's a great game. Lots of fun, looks amazing. But it's just a tad too short IMO. And there isn't much in the way of side content to do outside of the main story. If it had GTA5 level side-missions, it would be a 9 or 9.5 easily for me.

Lemondish

What the hell is this ridiculous game classification shit you guys are on about?

AAA is an industry recognized term to denote certain aspects of a game's development, design, or aspirations. Adding more A's and creating false nuance with lower case is probably the silliest thing I've seen in long while. The silliest. That's saying a lot considering I'm an Ottawa Sens fan.

Bottom line: Triple-A means something in this industry. None of these other variations do. So just stop, please.

wapplew

We shot GT Time today, but it's more about the news. We might shoot a discussion for Thanks for Playing sometime though.

Oh, I guess it will be a lot of Project Morpheus and VR talk. Still cool.
Love both show, keep up the good work.
Do you complete both good and evil play through for the review?

Past

You guys talk about the scores based on the graphics and gameplay, but what about the story? Watching some of the trailers it seems like character development & story are pretty important in this game.

Jesb

Are we able to have this automatically download? I'll be sleeping when this goes up so it would be nice if it just downloads while my system is in sleep mode.

Suzzopher

You guys talk about the scores based on the graphics and gameplay, but what about the story? Watching some of the trailers it seems like character development & story are pretty important in this game.

That was the biggest complaint I heard, story and characters.

Twinduct

Well that's grand. Just found out my preorder of both MGS & Infamous was suppose to ship yesterday (for delivery today). Nope only shipping today and with a public holiday on Friday I'm only getting it on Monday.

kgrock618

Yea wtf Amazon...I placed my order back in December and I have prime. It is estimating that it will be delivered in Tuesday. This is crap. If this doesnt change by tomorrow i am canceling the amazon order and go to gamestop...

XAL

Yea wtf Amazon...I placed my order back in December and I have prime. It is estimating that it will be delivered in Tuesday. This is crap. If this doesnt change by tomorrow i am canceling the amazon order and go to gamestop...

Do a support chat with Amazon and tell them the situation, I just did it 20 mins ago and they have it slated for delivery on Friday!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yikes at all the amazon problems. Glad I decided to opt for in-store pickup at Gamestop for this one.

Top Bottom