• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Not rage inducing enough:

4/10

- Fails to reach the 1080p 60fps benchmark expected of this generation.
- Doesn't offer a multiplayer mode to complement the single player. Feels like only half a game and not true value for money.
- While the graphics are sometimes fine, details like low resolution cables stand out all too often, which has a real effect on gameplay.
- The game lacks content, without any of the compelling collecting side-missions of a series like Assassin's creed
- The streaming features of the PS4 work for the game, but in general it suffers considerably due to lack of chat icons and other expected social features.

thatsdamngood.gif

for new people asking about length...I got the game last saturday afternoon and had the platinum by monday afternoon. It took me roughly 20 hours to get 100% on both evil and good playthroughs. This game has way less collectibles than the other ones and not that much side content. It is still a fantastic game....and if you worry about length, this game more than makes up for it in quality. There is also the paper trail missions and coles legacy that cannot be played yet

pelican

Surely reviews are kinda irrelevant? We know this game is hype. It will be awesome.

Reviews are always irrelevant.

Stopped caring about what random reviewer says years ago. I know what I like, and will play a game I fancy checking out even if some guy on a site thinks it is poor.

iMax

Reviews are always irrelevant.

Stopped caring about what random reviewer says years ago. I know what I like, and will play a game I fancy checking out even if some guy on a site thinks it is poor.

Well, yeah, they're relevant. But surely they're not for us and people who already are dead set on getting it?

Jesb

This is like the 3rd time I'm asking this. Still looking for an answer.

Are we able to have this automatically download? I'll be sleeping when this goes up so it would be nice if it just downloads while my system is in sleep mode.

iMax

Are we able to have this automatically download? I'll be sleeping when this goes up so it would be nice if it just downloads while my system is in sleep mode.

Not sure, but you can probably initiate the download on your phone and it should download automatically.

does anyone know when the paper trail website has been updating...today is technically the last day for the next step to show up...assumed at the latest it would be updated at midnight PST, but it didnt change

Yoday

You probably aren't getting an answer because nobody here could possibly know the answer to your question.

Jesb

Probably not then. I don't think it's available for preload or pre-purchase is it?

Well it's not really a preload, I'm talking about it downloading once it's live on the store tomorrow at 12am. So there's really no auto downloading even for preorders?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
How do people beat this in 8 or less hours? I spent well over 15 hours doing main missions, some side stuff, and collecting some of them shards. Plus some chillin, just jogging around the city. :p
I know four people reviewing it, they didn't really enjoy it.
Sad to hear this. I hope it doesn't get worse reviews than I1 and I2, because it certainly is miles better than them in pretty much every aspect.

The only things I didn't like are the side missions, wish they were more varied. And the facial animations sometimes look weird. And the fact that you can't walk.

Shadownet

Banned
for new people asking about length...I got the game last saturday afternoon and had the platinum by monday afternoon. It took me roughly 20 hours to get 100% on both evil and good playthroughs. This game has way less collectibles than the other ones and not that much side content. It is still a fantastic game....and if you worry about length, this game more than makes up for it in quality. There is also the paper trail missions and coles legacy that cannot be played yet

20 hours of solid gameplay and everything else is good enough for me. Thank you

sector4

Just went into my local games store to pick up FFX | X-2 HD and saw this at the entrance

4zs3kRt.jpg

Australia is ready for inFamous! :D Just over 13 hours until I can go pick up my copy!

Pop

No gamestop midnight release. Really shocked considering TitanFall had one here with only about 20 people.

Looks like I'll make a trip up there first thing in the morning.

Any new about the first-day patch or what does it include?

if its the one already out...all it says in the description is that it includes coles legacy and the paper trail stuff. I think it might have said something like "general fixes" as well. I guess the coles legacy code will just be a key to unlock the content

Preordered from the US, due to a great deal my sister could get me, as I am a german citizen I hope I don't have to wait to long for it to arrive. Can't wait to play this!

Ark

Anyone had their Amazon UK copy ship yet? Mine still says pre-ordered (though they've taken the money for it). Doubt I'm going to get it tomorrow since they haven't shipped it yet, they keep shipping my orders really, really late..

For any kiwis that haven't already bought a copy, or want to get a price match when they pick their pre-orders tomorrow, The Warehouse have it on sale for $79.00 Link

That's bloody cheap for a brand new game, and is the same price as Ground Zeroes.

etrain911

Not rage inducing enough:

4/10

- Fails to reach the 1080p 60fps benchmark expected of this generation.
- Doesn't offer a multiplayer mode to complement the single player. Feels like only half a game and not true value for money.
- While the graphics are sometimes fine, details like low resolution cables stand out all too often, which has a real effect on gameplay.
- The game lacks content, without any of the compelling collecting side-missions of a series like Assassin's creed
- The streaming features of the PS4 work for the game, but in general it suffers considerably due to lack of chat icons and other expected social features.

This was so believable that I assumed it to be a real review at first and started sighing before I realized the embargo wasn't up yet.

jaosobno

Metacritic preditcion: 88%.

Score predictions:

IGN: 8.8/10
Gametrailers: 9.1/10
Gamespot: 8/10
Polygon: 8/10 (just to destroy GAF's expectations)

Top Bottom