• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

DZ_b_EZ

It seems like almost everyone here is more lucky than me.

My CE copy won't arrive until between next Thursday and Saturday thanks to the economy shipping (´・_・`)

But hey, it was free.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
The side missions become a bit repetitive, and reminds me a bit about the Assassin's Creed ones. That might be a negative for some. Good news is that all of them counts towards your Karma meter, and some of them are quite fun.

That's just true of this type of game in general, and this series in particular. I'm playing Infamous 2 now--never played the series at all--and the side missions are very repetitive. Though still fun and I've been doing all of them on the map (not the user created ones though) before moving on to the next story mission.

Jim

paper trail missions will be unlocked over the next 6 weeks

The first one is already up if you have the patch. You can access them soon after you unlock the
neon
power. A new icon appears on the map in
Fetch's hideout

Also to see which version you have, you can highlight the game icon on the PS4 menu and hit the options button.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I will try to get my copy in store after I finish my work. Due to online bank issues i missed today's deadline for fund transfer, so money will go on my online shopping account at 6 am. If I do not get a copy in store, I will bite the bullet and go digital..

SLV

What time zone?

t1395388800z1.png

Might be an hour less, dunno, neogaf timer made 3 EST in to 4 EDT

satori

Hmm looks like I am going with the digital version. The fact that I have to do a full install anyways makes this an easy choice. Plus God damn Lego marvel and Lego movie is forever my damn ps4 due to my son's obsession with those games lol.

icespide

Banned
my amazon copy just shipped. I hope it at least arrives before lunch tomorrow. my copy of metal gear didn't arrive until 9:30PM =(

Anyone going to the GameStop midnight launch party at Bellevue, WA? The SP devs will be there and there will be signed posters and other stuff. Can't make it due to work.

Just finished my first play through, chose to play Ruthless/Infamous.
I loved it.
I finished cooking dinner, sat down with the DS4 and the next thing I know it's 3am... Such a fun game.

N30RYU

Seen this image in the screenshots thread

BjLrX9pCQAAqLK4.jpg

Can someone upload a screenshot with delsin standing with Cole's jacket??? Does it have birds in the back?

2 hours and 45 min till the game is up in the EUR Store

Kyoufu

Played for 6ish hours straight (Evil Karma).

This game is far easier to get into than I2. The difference in presentation is night and day. I'm really impressed. They really nailed traversal and I won't spoil it but there's a certain upgrade you get that allows you to traverse the city with incredible ease.

The main story missions are pretty fun so far, but the side-missions are garbage to be honest. Not a fan of them.

Really enjoying the main story though as the writing is pretty good and the voice acting is stellar.

Oh and of course, the gameplay is very fun. Smoke is my favourite combat power so far.

Hixx

This game is far easier to get into than I2. The difference in presentation is night and day. I'm really impressed. They really nailed traversal and I won't spoil it but there's a certain upgrade you get that allows you to traverse the city with incredible ease.

The main story missions are pretty fun so far, but the side-missions are garbage to be honest. Not a fan of them.

Really enjoying the main story though as the writing is pretty good and the voice acting is stellar.

They are so shallow and repetitive. Pure filler.

The first one is already up if you have the patch. You can access them soon after you unlock the
neon
power. A new icon appears on the map in
Fetch's hideout

Also to see which version you have, you can highlight the game icon on the PS4 menu and hit the options button.

ive had the first one done dince sunday...someone said they were able to do part 2, dont know how

N30RYU

don't see any birds?

I know... but i wanna be sure Delsing is gonna wear Cole's Jacket without birds ingame... I really hate the "birds" design of good and bad.. and also the white hero, red villain... so the less the white/red arms are seen the better.

Any Euros buying from the US store?

Bought Ground Zeroes using US PSN codes from amazon.com. Price for I:SS is around €44 (to €50 depending how much my Credit Card company will screw me) compared to €70 in the EU store.

So mine arrived a day early and I've been playing it for a couple of hours now, and it's incredibly fun!

The in gameplay visuals are amazing, best on PS4 to date, great lighting, great textures and amazing framerate (honestly feels like 60fps a lot of the times as people have previously mentioned). I was very underwhelmed with the faces in cutscenes however, they don't look too good and kinda last-gen like. My only gripe regarding graphics so far.

Oh and of course, the gameplay is very fun. Smoke is my favourite combat power so far.

Have you gotten the third power yet?

I just realized my copy is sitting at the post office but I didn't bother checking the tracking until tonight because I figured it wouldn't even get here until Monday.

... won't be able to get to the post office before 5, either, nooooooooooooooooo

Think this has always been the case for PS+? If I login to the ps store on my phone and look at the games I own, I see a download to your ps4 option.

Well I had my own doubts, since I am new to PS+, and I thought only patches/firmware updates gets downloaded automatically.

Oldsql

Any Euros buying from the US store?

Bought Ground Zeroes using US PSN codes from amazon.com. Price for I:SS is around €44 (to €50 depending how much my Credit Card company will screw me) compared to €70 in the EU store.

I always do it this way. Just buy the us codes for psn from amazon and that's it. So much more cheaper in comparison to the euro prices

Theecliff

Banned
Finally got round to ordering this, nabbed the Special Edition from Tesco for £50 using a £10 off coupon for first purchases (TDX-PR4N).

Problem is because I've preordered so late and have done so through the standard delivery option it probably won't come until next week :'(

Finally got round to ordering this, nabbed the Special Edition from Tesco for £50 using a £10 off coupon for first purchases (TDX-PR4N).

Problem is because I've preordered so late and have done so through the standard delivery option it probably won't come until next week :'(

I pre-ordered it 4 days ago and it's the same delivery date as you, "on or before 25th of March". I hope they surprise me tomorrow as it's currently marked as dispatched ;p

Kssio_Aug

This weekend will be a hard one! I have so much things to do, and yet its InFamous time + last extra exp days at Diablo 3. T-T

Edit: Hate that auto spelling at my father smartphone.

Top Bottom