• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I'm so mad. I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'm going to have so little time to play this game. :(

Is the world ending on Tuesday?

Muwahaha. I am off Sat / Sun. for the first time in a year WOOOOT. Perfect timing.

My hype level is rebuilding. Early in the week it was just pure horror at the wait, now it is just pure hype rebuilding. Knowing I will get off work tomorrow and be able to experience this game ... OH YEAH

Got my copy earlier. I am loving the flow of the action so much in this game, most of my time is just being spent fighting against the DUP goons. Diving into a vent, attacking from above etc. its all so seamless and it looks so damn nice.

My only complaint is that climbing feels less polished compared to the first two games. You could climb up anything with ease in those games, it takes me a few tries to climb up certain areas in this game which is weird. Not that I really use the climbing all that much anymore to be honest, vent teleportation is the way to go!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

jpd1408

Banned
Can someone please tell me which play through has the better story/experience. Should I go evil or good first? I was burned in infamous 2 because I played good first and then got the evil ending spoiled for me which I thought was ways better of a story line.

Twinduct

Man this game is fucking great. Was a bit disjointed with the movement at the start (felt even more sticky than Infamous 1) but got used to it and it's so fun right now.

My biggest (only?) complaints so far is that I feel it's missing some polish in the cutscenes. I also didn't really get into D's VO until later. The last thing that cropped up was the music mixing with VO. It almost always sounds like the VO is talking in a sound mute room with zero atmospheric effect or something. I mean talking on the beach vs talking between buildings it sounds like there is no added echo.

But yeah awesome game so far and the smoke powers has been great fun. Just started with neon and it's a blast aswell!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
anyone with the game, is it really that repetitive and without gameplay innovation as the reviews say?

Endo Punk

Can't wait to play the game tomorrow on my brand new PS4. Gonna be the biggest baddest asshole ever, all will bow before the might of my beanie.

About 20 hours for me till I can pick up the game. I've decided to go with good for my initial play through.

I'm thinking it'll be easier to get the platinum with the evil play through on the higher difficulty.

Keihart

After starting a new play through I accidently saved over my evil 93% playthrough.......

You can still maybe save some progress, download the save file that was las time uploaded to the "CLOUD". Cheers! i'm still waiting for that US store "midnight" launch.

So I'm watching these Gamersyde videos and it looks like the game is too quiet, just like the first 2 games.

*Sigh*, maybe I should just cancel my preorder

Wounded

Got the game today.

Looks amazing for an open world game. For any game. You can tell the framerate is a bit spotty, however. Enjoying the story so far too.

With regards to the framerate, it's got that whole unlocked business going on I believe, I remember Infamous 1 or 2 having it. If you look at the sky you can watch the framerate go pretty high, but pan it down and you can see it drop. It's not bad, but I think I'd rather have it a constant 30 with small dips than varying all over.

Don't let that put you off, however, it's still a great game (so far).

Frillen

Just got the third power. Wow! Worth the hype and then some!
Traversing the city is even funnier and smoother.

So I'm watching these Gamersyde videos and it looks like the game is too quiet, just like the first 2 games.

shut_up_breaking_bad.gif

u_neek

Played for a couple of hours - Infamous virgin here - and completed the intro plus the first few missions, but I seem to haven't quite gotten the hang of the combat mechanics and die quite a lot. Any tips?

Oh, and boy is it pretty!

Slime

Banned
I'm a little confused about the Cole's Legacy DLC. Do I have to buy it separately if I didn't preorder it? I'm probably just going to pick the game up tomorrow or the weekend.

Atlas157

I'm a little confused about the Cole's Legacy DLC. Do I have to buy it separately if I didn't preorder it? I'm probably just going to pick the game up tomorrow or the weekend.

If you live in the US, all first print copies come with Cole's Legacy.

bryanee

Its not quiet at all. Going from Infamous 2 to this in regards to sound is a night and day difference.

Frillen

Played for a couple of hours - Infamous virgin here - and completed the intro plus the first few missions, but I seem to haven't quite gotten the hang of the combat mechanics and die quite a lot. Any tips?

Oh, and boy is it pretty!

Cover a lot, don't be afraid to reload on smoke often, hide when your screen changes color, do side missions and find blast shards so you can upgrade your powers. Most importantly though, be on the move constantly.

Well I did since someone semi-spoiled it :p. But it far exceeded my expectations anyway! :)

My first thoughts when I got it were:

A. How is this a superpower?!?!? Sucker Punch are geniuses.

B. This is something we've always wanted in an open world game! Especially Infamous games.

it's the high point of the game and I can't wait to see more reactions to it.

I will say I'm glad I did not have that spoiled for me. My jaw was wide open when I first saw it.

Bladenic

Due to my own hype, I'm slightly disappointed in the review scores, only because I wanted to see the game do really well (like better than the first two well). But then I don't care about reviews, it did still did fine, AND there's always the chance I won't like it (doubtful but who knows).

Top Bottom