• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

beast786

Even being a MGS nut fan , I debating playing SS again in evil rather than open My MGS.

I really loved the game. The length was absolutely perfect for my lifestyle . most fun I has in open world game since Just cause 2

VinLAURiA

Banned
I wonder when PS4 games on PSNow are gonna become a thing.

'Cuz I'll be honest, I really liked the first two and I'm looking forward to Second Son, but I can't justify buying another system for a single game (especially since I'm already saving up for a Wii U.) I know Sony has plans to put PS4 games on PSNow eventually, and it'll be nice to stream this on my PC or something and not have to spend my money on a console I won't otherwise get much use out of. I was luckily able to play the first two by borrowing a friend's PS3 and copies, but I don't know anyone who's getting a PS4 this time around.

So yeah; here's hoping this comes to PSNow sooner rather than later. Plus, if anything else good comes out for the PS4 down the line, I can just get 'em through streaming instead and not have to buy a system.

Ferny

'Cuz I'll be honest, I really liked the first two and I'm looking forward to Second Son, but I can't justify buying an additional console for a single game (especially since I'm already saving up for a Wii U.) It'll be nice to stream this on my PC or something and not have to spend my money buying a console I won't otherwise get much use out of. I was luckily able to play the first two by borrowing a friend's PS3 and copies, but I don't know anyone who's getting a PS4 this time around.

So yeah; here's hoping this comes to PSNow sooner rather than later. Plus, if anything else good comes out for the PS4 down the line, I can just get 'em through streaming instead and not have to buy a system.
I really doubt you'll be playing PS4 games on anything other than a PS4. That would undercut any sales of the console for them.

Kyoufu

I'm really enjoying this. It just feels so much better than the previous Infamous games to me.

How do Infamous fans feel about Second Son? The traversal on offer really makes it hard to go back to previous ones tbh.

Via the Polygon review

A big part of the draw of these powers comes from your ability to cause lasting destruction in Second Son's playground of virtual Seattle. You won't be taking down actual buildings or legitimate landmarks in the game, but Delsin finds himself up against the DUP (Department of Unified Protection), a government agency in charge of rounding up and jailing conduits. As part of locking down Seattle for their search, the DUP has built militarized checkpoints, makeshift headquarters and other imposing structures — blights on the beautifully rendered cityscape that are just begging to be knocked down.

Let's say you approach an intersection with a checkpoint where DUP soldiers are checking civilians for the conduit gene with a special scanner. Two watchtowers stand on either side of the checkpoint, with a small bridge extending above it. A few feet ahead, there's a giant cage where "suspicious" individuals are being held.

You could just rush in and start taking down individual agents with melee attacks or smoke shots. Or you could collapse the bridge, instantly knocking out the guard on top of it while taking out the scanner, buying yourself enough time to rip open the cage door so that you don't accidentally destroy it and hurt the innocent people inside in the ensuing shootout. The options are empowering, and no matter how much time passes in game, the cage will remain opened, the bridge will remain destroyed, and the scanner will be gone for good. Your surgical strikes against the DUP have a lasting impact.
That actually sounds like a decent amount of destructability. I'm excited to tear up the DUP foes!

DNAbro

'Cuz I'll be honest, I really liked the first two and I'm looking forward to Second Son, but I can't justify buying another system for a single game (especially since I'm already saving up for a Wii U.) I know Sony has plans to put PS4 games on PSNow eventually, and it'll be nice to stream this on my PC or something and not have to spend my money on a console I won't otherwise get much use out of. I was luckily able to play the first two by borrowing a friend's PS3 and copies, but I don't know anyone who's getting a PS4 this time around.

Ps now isn't for ps4 games. They want you to buy the console for that.

Mifune

Mehmber
Due to my own hype, I'm slightly disappointed in the review scores, only because I wanted to see the game do really well (like better than the first two well). But then I don't care about reviews, it did still did fine, AND there's always the chance I won't like it (doubtful but who knows).

You know what, though? The reviews are stronger, with most saying it's the best of the series. It's just the scores themselves that are lower. I feel like reviewers are getting tougher with scores and that's a good thing.

Also, as far as Metacritic goes, Outlast has a score of 78. 78! I think that game is amazing, so obviously aggregates don't really mean much to me. Regardless, 81 is a great overall score.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Amazon has finally charged me for my Collector's Edition, and is shipping it now. I assume it must be coming from one of their warehouses in Los Angeles, which is why they waited so long.

It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow. If we're doing OT tomorrow, I won't get home until 9pm, sadly. We've been working from 8-8 the past few days, but we're hoping they'll cut us some slack for the weekend.

VinLAURiA

Banned
I really doubt you'll be playing PS4 games on anything other than a PS4. That would undercut any sales of the console for them.
Well, they did say they're planning to put PS4 games on the service, and PSNow is coming to other platforms, so never say never. And hey, if it saves me the money of a PS4 purchase, I'll take it.

beast786

I'm really enjoying this. It just feels so much better than the previous Infamous games to me.

How do Infamous fans feel about Second Son? The traversal on offer really makes it hard to go back to previous ones tbh.

SS is better in every way over 1/2. Except climbing design of building. It seem the city building design were primarily made for climbing in 1/2 but in SS it feels using super power is how the game was designed.

Jafku

Kinda disappointed with Toys R Us right now. I pre-ordered inFamous along with Watch_Dogs November when they had their buy one get one 40% off. So I was effectively getting Second Son for $35.99. Come to find out Toys R Us won't receive the game until March 28th (wtf?). Canceled the order and pre-ordered it on PSN.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you buy day one you will get the limited edition that comes with it... No need to waste the money unless the limited edition is only us

NA only. In Europe we have to pay at least €10 extra (more if you want a physical copy of the game) to get the DLC. Which, from what I'm hearing, is definitely not worth it. So I'm just getting the regular old edition.

On the subject of good vs evil: I always like doing my first playthrough of these games as good. My first playthrough is my story playthrough, and I prefer it to play out more in line with how I'd actually want to act in those situations. I'm like that in all games, I always make the decisions that feel most right to me. Then, a while later, I'll do a second playthrough and let all hell break loose.

snack

Kinda disappointed with Toys R Us right now. I pre-ordered inFamous along with Watch_Dogs November when they had their buy one get one 40% off. So I was effectively getting Second Son for $35.99. Come to find out Toys R Us won't receive the game until March 28th (wtf?). Canceled the order and pre-ordered it on PSN.

That price though...

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. I digitally preordered the game. Will it automatically start downloading at 3am EST if I leave my PS4 in standby? Or will I have to wake up at 3am and manually start the download so it is ready to play tomorrow morning?

Keihart

For anyone that's playing the game , are there any stadiums, downtown and idk how you call them , those giant wheel things that you can get on , and are usually near the coast?
Just curious since Seattle seems so varied in locations.

Foshy

It's amazing and completely lives up to its name as the PS4's first 1st-party killer-app. Movement feels great, it's very fun to play and looks just gorgeous. Got 2 powers so far.

The neon ultra-move blew me away the first time I saw it. Whoa.

Mengetsu

I will cook, watch some shows and then the real wait begins at 3am....downloading 20gb
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom