• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

styl3s

The 3am eastern thing is killing me. Guess I'll just have to wake up early tomorrow. Thankfully I don't have classes on Friday...
Sony need to join 2014 and allow pre-load if they are going to fuck over eastern people every single time.

It's not a huge deal to me considering it takes me like 10 minutes to download 30gb but i know a lot of people who don't have good internet and it takes them hours or half a day to download 30gb. I actually might go to bed now and wake up at 3am since Fri-Sun are my days off. I can afford to mess with my sleep schedule for a day or 2.

i-zombie

Neo Member
Played a couple of hours last night and it's kinda incredible so far.

It took a short while to get used to Sucker Punch's style of parkour after AC4. There's some weird sound mixing especially with voices, and a couple of things might be a bit finicky at the beginning, but after a couple or hours I'm loving it. Controls are smooth, the few side missions so far have been fun and just getting around is really enjoyable.

Graphics wise I'm wearing out the share button snapping pics every time I turn a corner. Holy shit. Overall just a whole load of fun and if games look like this now I can't wait to see what we'll get in our VR headsets in a couple of years.
BjLlcgNCMAAX-tI.jpg:orig

BjLlXFECcAEBUoB.jpg:orig

Gav47

The eu version needs the day one patch and a download of 5297MB before starting. Or at least I think it does, haven't finished the download yet :p

The eu version needs the day one patch and a download of 5297MB before starting. Or at least I think it does, haven't finished the download yet :p

Yep, done mine in 20 minutes. You can start playing it after it installs the update.

Very pleased by the speed of the DL.

I really dont think that 3AM EST release is right guys. Every day one digital game ever including MGS on ps4 has been released at 12 EST 9PST...occasionally 30 minutes late. I think who ever said 3 AM EST is mistaken...unless for some reason they mare making you wait for this one game lol

Sanke__

I really dont think that 3AM EST release is right guys. Every day one digital game ever including MGS on ps4 has been released at 12 EST 9PST...occasionally 30 minutes late. I think who ever said 3 AM EST is mistaken...unless for some reason they mare making you wait for this one game lol

I really hope this holds up.

I'm definitely betting on 12:30 eastern.

The Llama

Sucker Punch themselves said it would be midnight PST aka 3am EST. Probably has something to do with them being based in PST, but honestly who knows. If preloading and other stuff was sorted out, I wouldn't mind, but I just wanna play ASAP and right now, I have no idea when that'll be except hopefully before noon tomorrow (depending on how long it takes to download)!

Does anyone know if the Adam Sessler review has spoilers in it? I'm probably going to listen to just the audio only.

I don't want to know much about villains, story, or powers.

I think the reason they are saying 3 AM EST is to cover their ass when it's not up promptly at 12 EST.

So people will be pleasantly surprised when they see it pop up shortly after 12 EST like most recent releases.

This was graphically the most impressive game I saw at e3 last year. (Dark Sorcerer wasn't a game so doesn't count and I couldn't get in to see Division). It looks like their was no downgrade judging from impressions and the gamersyde video I watched. Looks like SP and Sony delivered. Can't wait to try this.

SJRB

Gold Member
This was graphically the most impressive game I saw at e3 last year. (Dark Sorcerer wasn't a game so doesn't count and I couldn't get in to see Division). It looks like their was no downgrade judging from impressions and the gamersyde video I watched. Looks like SP and Sony delivered. Can't wait to try this.

There is no downgrade, game looks mindblowing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

#upgrade.

First pic is the development build, second is the retail build.

isjwF2BV17NF6.png

1617136_814913978523557_601767566_o.jpg

My Amazon still says 'Shipping Now' is that like this for anyone else? Is this normal?

It still says Estimated Delivery Time: March 21 and my guaranteed delivery date is march 21. It's just odd it still hasn't shipped yet. Anyone help?

Vee_One

This 6 gig day one update shit really needs to stop. Part of the reason I buy physical is because I don't want to spend hours / quota downloading the game. Every game is doing it now and it's quite frankly a piss take.

Kyoufu

This 6 gig day one update shit really needs to stop. Part of the reason I buy physical is because I don't want to spend hours / quota downloading the game. Every game is doing it now and it's quite frankly a piss take.

The day one update is not 6GB. I don't know which games you've been playing.

Sanke__

My Amazon still says 'Shipping Now' is that like this for anyone else? Is this normal?

It still says Estimated Delivery Time: March 21 and my guaranteed delivery date is march 21. It's just odd it still hasn't shipped yet. Anyone help?

I wouldn't worry. It happens. Should get there tomorrow evening.

Just check to make sure the estimated delivery is still the 21st once it actually ships.

Gacha-pin

need help for the first mission of Cole's legacy.

I found the third fish tag, but I can't find the next one.
http://i.imgur.com/a427uMX.jpg (this is the third fish tag screenshot, not using img tag in case for avoiding a spoiler)

Should I go straight or go up the stair on the right? I've been hanging around the block for half an hour...:(

Vee_One

The day one update is not 6GB. I don't know which games you've been playing.

Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Killzone
Need For Speed
Ghosts
Battlefield

Basically all the major next gen releases - they have all had day one patches of > 1 gig, most between 2-4 and some over 6.

I'm yet to get InFamous (at work) so only goin off what has been reported here.

Dart

I wouldn't worry either, same thing happened to me. If you want to make sure though, have a quick chat with support here.

SerodD

That's weird all I had to do was download the day one patch.

Anyway, Loving the game so far, Neon is freaking awesome.

Proxy

Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Killzone
Need For Speed
Ghosts
Battlefield

Basically all the major next gen releases - they have all had day one patches of > 1 gig, most between 2-4 and some over 6.

I'm yet to get InFamous (at work) so only goin off what has been reported here.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the PlayGo system. The day one update is <300MB.

Wounded

So how big is the day one patch?

I downloaded about a 200mb file earlier.

The game runs...ok for me. It never slideshows, but I think I get about 20-25fps when things are hectic.

Not too far into the game yet but damn is this ever what I wanted - pretty InFamous.

I can't help myself from doing all available side activities in each area. It's an addiction, fuck cameras.

I'm also struggling really hard at the moment with aiming but it's been a long ass time since I've played a shooter so I'm looking up and down and left and right when I'm not trying to - could also be because I'm really tired and probably getting a head cold. But that's alright, by the time I need to be good at aiming I hopefully will nail it.

My progress:
Only did the first mission and got the first area done until no more drones or side activities are present, also just cleared city centre and started working on those side activities but I'm going to call it a night.

Finished both Good and Evil karma story. Now just waiting for Paper Trail.

We all know the situation where Sucker Punch made the good ending canon but I just assume they always intend the evil ending to be canon since the game is called "infamous"

Red Comet

I hope you're right. It's bad enough having to wait until midnight to start downloading this. If it doesn't unlock until 3 AM then I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Wereroku

I have that as well just means they are doing same day fedex probably so you should get it when fedex usually stops by your place.

Top Bottom