• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

The Climbing in this game is janky as fuck. Probably my only complaint after playing it, other than maybe the repetitive and mundane nature of the side missions (all infamous games are guilty of this)

The sound design is definitely improved from Infamous 2 but you really have to crank the volume to get the oomph. Everything seems to be mixed in very low relative compared to the voice acting.

Yeah, I think this was the problem when I was watching Gamersyde's videos. I couldn't hear cars or anything until I upped my volume.

def sim

iZ2bbsErAHAGn.png

non-functioning download button is taunting me

So is there any logistical reason why Second Son is 12 midnight Pacific compared to Metal Gear Ground Zero being midnight EST?

Its been mentioned several times already, but for the sake of other posters who have not read it yet I'll answer again. Sucker Punch is based on the west coast so they are releasing the game at 12PM their time, for whatever reason.

BashNasty

Average of 10 hours, but if you're going for 100% - about 15.

Double that if you're doing two playthroughs. One good, one evil.

Then add another 5 hours for the Day 1 DLC.

Sounds like 10 good hours for me. When it comes to gaming, I'm all about the meat, someone else can have my potatoes.

K' Dash

You got more than I do, all I see is a "purchased" icon :/

Oh well, tomorrow then. In the future it would be nice to launch these games when it's Midnight on the east coast... you know, like everyone else does.

it will be nice when Sony allows preloading, so we can start playing right away.

Just bought a PS4 at Best Buy for this. The only gamestop doing a midnight launch near me is a 20 minute drive, but I don't even care. I need this game in my veins immediately.

Mononoke

Banned
Its been mentioned several times already, but for the sake of other posters who have not read it yet I'll answer again. Sucker Punch is based on the west coast so they are releasing the game at 12PM their time, for whatever reason.

Sorry for asking something that has been asked before. I should have searched first, I should know better. I didn't know it was up to the Dev to choose specifically when digital goes up. Figured that was more standardized by Sony.

Just picked up my copy. Installing.

Case is sexy as hell.

EDIT: Holy fuck that installed fast--maybe it's cause I've been on PS3 so much with Dark Souls 2.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
The jumping seems a little clunky to me at the moment. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Also I can't decide whether to be good or evil.

Sorry for asking something that has been asked before. I should have searched first, I should know better. I didn't know it was up to the Dev to choose specifically when digital goes up. Figured that was more standardized by Sony.

No worries my man, I figured you weren't alone that's why I responded the way I did. Also, I think in most cases it would be up to Sony, however I don't know if Sucker Punch gets more leeway because they are first party devs.

Mononoke

Banned
No worries my man, I figured you weren't alone that's why I responded the way I did. Also, I think in most cases it would be up to Sony, however I don't know if Sucker Punch gets more leeway because they are first party devs.

I appreciate the reply :)

I'm just getting antsy, can't wait any longer!

Dart

So I got the Testing kit in the mail this morning, I think I might have been allergic to one of the scratch off aroma cards. I got a mean headache afterwards & nasal congestion & sneezing all day, not as bad as in the morning though. Could have been something else right?

Smelled it again, starting to feel a light headed. LOL

83% pressurized water btw.

H2Yo

LOL.

I read someone here could start playing at approximately 1-2 gb downloaded. But they could only finish the intro of the game pretty much.

How does this work? I get notifications that a game is ready to install as it's downloading but I don't know what to do.

webkatt

So I got the Testing kit in the mail this morning, I think I might have been allergic to one of the scratch off aroma cards. I got a mean headache afterwards & nasal congestion & sneezing all day, not as bad as in the morning though. Could have been something else right?

Smelled it again, starting to feel a light headed. LOL

83% pressurized water btw.

Was it the card that smelled like ass sewage?

Top Bottom