• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

cabel

I choose "Download" in the PlayStation Store and the store crashes and bails me out to the dashboard. No download.

Man, digital distribution… come on, every company that's not Apple, you can do this…

som

Strange, so when visiting that Sony online site, the page updated to show that it was "Free". So I had to check out again (with a balance of Zero dollars). Only then, did it allow me to finally download it. How wonky.

Yes, that's how it worked for me as well ....strange.

Mononoke

Banned
Anyone else getting a bunch of error messages? Lol it added a bunch of DLC to my download queue, and it's saying Error for each one. I just finished the update though, and the game itself is DL fine. Strange. I accidentally deleted some of the bonus stuff. Hopefully I can re-dl them.

EDIT: My DL speed is flying. Says it will be done in 14 min.

Chris_C

Try searching 'Infamous' on the PS store on the PS4 if you can't do it on the web store. That's what worked for me. Clicking on the first ad when you open the store didn't work for me.

When I do this, I can see Infamous Second Son Limited Edition, click through, click on the download link and I get kicked out of the store :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Feel bad for the guys who can't DL through the website. Shit sucks. It's dling in stand by mode right now so I'm off to sleep.

Hope everything works out for you guys. Keep trying the PSN website!

anddo0

Anyone else getting a bunch of error messages? Lol it added a bunch of DLC to my download queue, and it's saying Error for each one. I just finished the update though, and the game itself is DL fine. Strange. I accidentally deleted some of the bonus stuff. Hopefully I can re-dl them.

EDIT: My DL speed is flying. Says it will be done in 14 min.

Downloading finally.

It's odd that the PS4 can't download and install DLC without the main game being installed first. The PS3 can do it.

and it's been that way since launch.

GD71

Banned
So much for auto downloading. Went to the store and my pre order changed to a zero $ purchase option. Buy a second time and it starts downloading.

Mengetsu

EWmof.gif

1969219_10202733313467425_570425829_n.jpg

So I managed to get it downloading through the app on my phone. It's downloading about 4mb a second. But so much for the "Play while downloading" feature that was supposed to debut tonight lol.

P.S Westcoast

As for the extra content, my guess is it will install after the game as it probably requires the games files to be in place first.

K' Dash

it is downloading the game and a patch right now, the special edition stuff says "Can't Download"

I pushed the game thru the web store.

Jesb

This seems so half assed. You preorder and you gotta jump through all these hoops to start the download. The game should automatically download, what's the point of preordering when it's half assed like this.

2beep

Banned
Fair enough. This is my first time DL something digital on day 1. So I didn't know. Thanks for clarifying.

Holy god, these DL speeds are great. I have 8 min left!

i only get 1mb/sec, the small update file was fullspeed 12/sec -.-

Sanke__

We'll fuck
System is getting hammered

Says it will take 100 minutes to download the 5 gb needed to play with my 80mb/s internet

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Strange, so when visiting that Sony online site, the page updated to show that it was "Free". So I had to check out again (with a balance of Zero dollars). Only then, did it allow me to finally download it. How wonky.
Yeah, that was really weird.
At least I'm downloading!

It wasn't in my download list, so I went and "purchased" it again for $0 and then it populated the list. You can add it to cart by going to PS4 games then Infamous

This worked, thank ya kindly!

But all the pre order bonuses got a 'cannot download' error, im assuming ill have to wait and retry after the game is done?

Sanke__

I think the limited edition stuff is just unlocks and not actual content downloads but the web store pushed them through as downloads so it says they failed to download

Dragon

Banned
So I managed to get it downloading through the app on my phone. It's downloading about 4mb a second. But so much for the "Play while downloading" feature that was supposed to debut tonight lol.

P.S Westcoast

As for the extra content, my guess is it will install after the game as it probably requires the games files to be in place first.

This is an open world game, play while downloading still requires a base install anyway. So yeah it's not necessarily going to work the same for every game.

Mononoke

Banned
i only get 1mb/sec, the small update file was fullspeed 12/sec -.-

Hmm, do you have fast internet in general? I have no idea how that works (your own speed, in junction with Sony's servers, or if that matters at all). I have 70 mb/s internet. And my Second Son DL will only have taken 16 min total to DL. At 4 min left now.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't matter. Some folks with 80mb/s internet are saying they are getting 100 min download time. I have no idea how speed is determined (if it's based on region etc.). Totally ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

FeiRR

Banned
I tried that, there's no "purchase" button. Only a button to find out more info. Why can't I rebuy?

Never mind. Figured it out.

How?! I have no buttons on PS4 and web store.

Edit: Nevermind. Another refresh showed is as a "free game" and I could add to queue. It seems unlock isn't available at the same time to all PSN servers. Maybe they even have US servers in Europe (lol)?

JayEH

P.S Westcoast

You need to download about 5 gigs then you can start playing while it downloads the other 15 or so gigs.The feature has been there since launch...

DieH@rd

Banned
Game was preordered, nothing on PS4.

I went to webshop, saw that the game can be purchased for "free" like it was on PS+, done that, added it to my download list, clicked download on my PS4, and it started.

So all is well.

PlayGo section is little over 5GB.

Just picked this up at 6:30am before work at Tesco. They had no copies out and seemed unaware of the release. The girl working entertainment found one out the back for me and actually laughed a little at the enthusiasm I showed when she handed it over.

"So this'll be a good one then?" she asked.

My hype levels are apparent for all to see. Loved the progression of the first two games. Cannot wait to get stuck into this on Saturday evening when I finally get a few free hours. Seems everyone's loving it in this thread!

Top Bottom