• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

U2NUMB

At work.. can not wait to play the game but I had a quick question for those who have it.

Does the game have good in game stats? Time played.. kills and so forth?

hydruxo

Because as evil you can just kill everything and not have to worry about hitting citizens when killing enemies.

Yeah I know. I'd have thought evil would be better to start with if you aren't familiar with the mechanics because you don't have to worry about killing civilians. I haven't looked at the trophy list yet though.

I find it's less 'stcky' so I'm not automatically acting like a magnet to everything when I glide, so I would say it is fixed in that sense.

I haven't noticed anything like that. 72% into the game and I haven't done much platforming outside of traversal abilities which are super easy to use.

I don't think you're going to climb much in this game. There's no reason to.

Sounds good to me then! Now to get a PS4...

Really liking this game so far. Only two hours in, but it's gorgeous and after all my beanie complaining, I REALLY like the main character. He's incredibly likeable, especially compared to Cole.

Theman2k

S¡mon;105263315 said:
It needs to be a pre-ordered copy. Oh, and you can't be European because than you are excluded from the DLC.
So if i order now the US limited edition digital copy it will work, right ?

Carbonox

Amazon UK is a piece of shit. Tempted to never use them again. It's 2pm and Infamous, FF X HD and MGS5 still haven't arrived.

Funny, they offer you free first-class delivery so I take them up on that.

If I didn't, the deliveries would have been here this morning.

Got to the third power, could someone elaborate on what made it so amazing and is the fourth as good (please don't spoil what the fourth is, just a general consensus)?

Kyoufu

Amazon UK is a piece of shit. Tempted to never use them again. It's 2pm and Infamous, FF X HD and MGS5 still haven't arrived.

Never order from Amazon UK if you want your game early/on time. Just don't fucking do it. :p

I learned that lesson a long time ago.

Mr Moose

YAY!

BjQY5YFIEAA3T_e.jpg:orig

hwalker84

Game looks gorgeous. Even though I can't relate to the main characters style he is acting with that giddy joy that I'd have if i just suddenly got powers. Also the initial download was ultra fast for me. Started around 7:08 and was playing by 7:20.

beast786

You are wearing the wrong beanie bro ;p

Mine came in the box (my box does say limited edition on it, got it from Bestbuy preorder'd).

Anyone else try to redeem the preorder DLC vests and get an error?
The six DLC items included with the PSN digital preorder all failed for me when I DL'd them to my PS4 from my phone this morning.

I figured that I try again to load them when I get home.

Kyoufu

Zavvi are more reliable. Might start using ShopTo as I haven't tried them before.

Shopto and Gameseek will get you a Friday release by Thursday. Maybe even Wednesday if you're lucky. Amazon UK doesn't understand how to get game delivered by release date for some reason. Baffling.

No spoilers but I'd like to know: did you have more fun with the good or evil powers? That ice jump in inFamous2 made traversal so interesting. And which ending did you prefer?

I had more fun with the evil powers by far. Being evil in this game is so much more fun than being good. Both the gameplay and the story are better on evil, imo.

But yeah I preferred the evil ending, just because it seems like it gives a good indication of where the series could go next. Also something surprising happens, unlike the good ending.

Cool. So you recommend good first and evil last?

Yes I do! Good normal, Evil expert is the way to go for this game.

Save the best for last ;)

TheHall

Picked up my copy a few hours ago and it's incredible! Already thoroughly impressed!

I however have an unfortunate voucher code for the Cole's Legacy DLC etc;

I will bet you a month of Neogaf Gold that you can get that screenshot on Fox News with a headline like:

"Videogames: After inspiring teens to violence, they are now linked to Rape as well"

SykoTech

Man, this thread is huge. I remember the inFamous 2 thread here getting only over 3,000 posts. This ones over 8,000 already, and Second Son is just (officially) releasing today.

At least it's not getting overlooked.

Kyoufu

Man, this thread is huge. I remember the inFamous 2 thread here getting only over 3,000 posts. This ones over 8,000 already, and Second Son is just (officially) releasing today.

At least it's not getting overlooked.

something something PS4 something games something blue balls.

The six DLC items included with the PSN digital preorder all failed for me when I DL'd them to my PS4 from my phone this morning.

I figured that I try again to load them when I get home.

I looked up the error code and all the links sent me to some wrong region error for the killzone season pass. Might be something wrong on Sony's end? Either that or we got sent the wrong codes for the from a different region

Did anyone figured out what is going on with the "failed to download" DLC?
It's a PS4 "feature" (lol) and has been since launch. For whatever reason the PS4 downloads everything in parallel, but DLC because it's smaller is finished before the main game is, and when the PS4 tries to apply it it can't because the original game isn't there yet. It gives the error message "Cannot download", but in actual fact it has downloaded and is automatically installed as soon as the game is finished installing.

Every single person on a PS4 when applying launch DLC has received the same message AFAIK, even if they haven't initially noticed it. Don't worry about it, everything is there and working.

AC4 had the exact same problem, and for the exact same reason.

Peterthumpa

So wait, I'm starting the game away from my home via Remote Play and the first thing that it asks me to do is to hold the DS4 sideways? ANd the game KNOWS that I'm playing via Remote Play since the button assignment is different.

What the hell? I'm 400+ miles away from home, with a stable connection to play remotely and I can't because of a gimmick?

Edit: Stupid me, it works with the Vita too.

beanman25

Can't wait for the game to come today. I haven't watched any videos or anything other then the initial trailer way back when.

Should be a fun experience!

ChrisW

Bought it this morning from local Tesco's, put about 2 hours into the story. Don't want to rush it so I've put the game down....for now. Has some strange sounds in the game, when people talk they sound like they're in a tunnel :-/

Gamespawn

Okay. I turn on my PS4 expecting Infamous to have been downloaded. Nope. I go on PSN and manually start the download. I had or pre-ordered. It only adds two items to my system. The game and the update file. Where s my DLC?

molnizzle

Okay. I turn on my PS4 expecting Infamous to have been downloaded. Nope. I go on PSN and manually start the download. I had or pre-ordered. It only adds two items to my system. The game and the update file. Where s my DLC?

It'll just download, you'll see it under "your add-ons" once the game has finished installing.

I was annoyed that it didn't auto-download too. Upon further investigation, I guess that's not actually intended to happen at this point. The automatic downloads are only for updates and shit for existing games you have installed. Pre-orders and stuff still need to be initiated manually.

Lame. Hopefully we get pre-loading soon so that this won't be an issue in the future.

DJwest

I had more fun with the evil powers by far. Being evil in this game is so much more fun than being good. Both the gameplay and the story are better on evil, imo.

But yeah I preferred the evil ending, just because it seems like it gives a good indication of where the series could go next. Also something surprising happens, unlike the good ending.

Yes I do! Good normal, Evil expert is the way to go for this game.

Save the best for last ;)

Thanks man.

Well that's that! Just platinumed the game!

It took me approximately 30 hours or so.

I'm so happy right now. Infamous 2 was my first platinum and now Second Son is my second plat!

Absolutely amazing game.

Top Bottom