• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Violater

But it is, if you have been following this thread you would have noticed that several times people asked for this exact thing not to be ruined. Some people like to figure this stuff out for themselves. When in doubt if you are not sure spoiler it, better than ruining a surprise for someone else.

Then seriously if that is a spoiler to some people and they want to go in completely blind they should avoid the Infamous threads.

Ein Bear

The facial animation in this game is absolutely insane, my jaw is dropping at every cutscene.

Kind of salty that they locked the Cole stuff in the special edition here in the EU though. It was given away with pre-orders in the US, right?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I am at home, and the game is here. See you in a few days.

naib

Bought it and kicked off the d/l before leaving for work this morning. Can't wait!
Forgot to plug in DS4 for a charge though..

Nymphae

Banned
Honest question because I haven't seen this before yesterday - is the GAF magazine a thing or is that just something the OP made for the OT?

Oni Jazar

I must say, this really feels quite different from the first two games. The presentation, story telling, atmosphere and even core gameplay are all so much more refined. It's a much more interesting experience as a result. It may not have evolved in every way, but I feel as if it finally fully realizes what they wanted to achieve.

This is exactly what I said. Great minds! :)

Once you get to the core gameplay it seems familiar to the Infamous we all know but this is the Infamous game the series always wanted to be. The earlier games had the general essence but you could tell it always struggled to really do all it wanted because the PS3 just wasn't capable of it all. This time everything looks so god damn gorgeous and destructible! I love it!

I ordered the game for Amazon release day delivery months ago, and the game is in my state as of 9 AM. However, I just got a notification that it will not be delivered until Monday. I'm not exactly a happy camper. ;__;

Then seriously if that is a spoiler to some people and they want to go in completely blind they should avoid the Infamous threads.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with it either, just have seen several people freak out so I figured I'd mention it so that it didn't happen again.

That being said, 30 mins till I go pick up my copy I am beyond hyped!

jet1911

Man this game looks good. Too bad there's some weird animations transitions problems and a lot of clipping when jumping on uneven geometry. It makes the game look inconsistent even if the graphics are amazing.

Haklong

I had the collectors edition pre-ordered from Amazon. They didn't ship it until this morning and I wont get it until Tuesday. *Shakes fist*

Man this game looks good. Too bad there's some weird animations transitions problems and a lot of clipping when jumping on uneven geometry. It makes the game look inconsistent even if the graphics are amazing.

At the point you're noticing stuff like that you've reached a new level of nerdom, congrats

todahawk

slept on the couch and set my alarm for 3am, couldn't download yet... dozed until about 4 and started it up. got up at 7am for work, played for 30 minutes and loving it so far. freakin gorgeous. plays nice. dead tired. can't wait for work to be done.

steak, beer and infamous tonight.

dmr87

Join me in tweeting SP for patch tips, HUD slider (better screenshots and benefits to Plasma TV people) from full to off, and 30 FPS lock option.

Gartooth

Good choices have always been considered the official version of the game. I would just do whatever seems more intresting though.

No, it was actually evil. Sucker Punch originally planned for infamous 2's evil ending to be the canon one, but changed that when they saw how much more people preferred to play good Cole. (I prefer evil but can't blame them, ice powers were the shit)

I think knowing this, they decided to make it harder to play the good side in this so that players would have to work to earn their good ending.

TehPabz

Has anybody had an issue with the digital version limited edition items?? I can't download them it keeps telling me cannot download.

Whelp...went to Target and exchanged my unopened BF4 (which gaf made me scared to open) for a limited edition Infamous Second son.

I never played the second one and the first one I got sitting on my ps3 Harddrive because I got the digital version for free for some reason a long time ago.

Should I play through the first one first? I'm not an impatient person, so if it's worth playing through the first one first, I can do that, or would it not be worth the time?

Well my PS4 picked a good day to break. The console keeps spitting the disc out and making awful noises every few seconds. I've tried rebuilding the database, turned off the console, etc. but it keeps doing it. I'm currently on hold with Playstation Support.

So is there no opton to switch L1/R1 with L2/R2? Can't find it anywhere, and it doesn't seem like the game's long on options.

I've only played for a couple of hours but the game seems great so far, though. I'm really missing the Ice Launch from I2, but at the rate I'm unlocking abilities it can't be long until some kind of equivalent pops up. I started on Expert and died like a scrub a couple of times, but once I got a my Infamous legs back it started feeling pretty good. Always be moving, remember you can be on a rooftop whenever you like, make full use of all your abilities and you're a force of nature. You can cover so much ground with that dash move. The shotgun blast being a charge move takes some getting used to, though.

Brandwin

Since I never played inFAMOUS game before, I am not sure what advantages and disadvantages there are between Good and Evil. I rarely play a game more than once, so I will probably just go Evil.

Since I never played inFAMOUS game before, I am not sure what advantages and disadvantages there are between Good and Evil. I rarely play a game more than once, so I will probably just go Evil.

Good is more precise. Evil is more AOE, where you just obliterate everything. There are also power upgrades exclusive to Good and Evil.

For me, it's a trade-off. I prefer being a good guy, but I like destructive powers. And thus, I'll be playing this one two or more times :)

Not a bad problem to have.

Whelp...went to Target and exchanged my unopened BF4 (which gaf made me scared to open) for a limited edition Infamous Second son.

I never played the second one and the first one I got sitting on my ps3 Harddrive because I got the digital version for free for some reason a long time ago.

Should I play through the first one first? I'm not an impatient person, so if it's worth playing through the first one first, I can do that, or would it not be worth the time?

No. You should just start with this one. This game is an origin story for Delsin Rowe and you really don't have to play the first two to play this game.

Early impressions so far is that the game is a ton of fun. Combat is punchy and explosive. I've just
claimed the space needle and freed Queens district
and I've been playing for about 2 hours.

I managed to bring the FPS to the 11-15fps range by cinder missling a shit ton of stuff at once. Animations are crazy, the face deformation is just the right side of uncanny valley and the characters expressions are amazing.

Top Bottom