• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

cchum

Mee too. I think that's the point though lol.

enQ5vzc.jpg

Majanew

Banned
The frame-rate is shit. Surprised no one has been complaining from what I've seen. The opening cutscene stutters and then once you finally get control of Delsin, it's a stuttering mess. It's like GTAV's frame-rate.

And it's pretty damn stupid I had to close the application and go back in just to trigger the day one patch to version 1.01.

I set my PS4 to standby last night, had all the proper things checked........expect inFamous to auto-download while I sleep........wake up, no inFamous. :(

DL'ing now though.

Paganmoon

So I'm sitting at my computer wearing my awesome-sauce beanie, was wondering if the achievementlist is safe to check out (on the PS4) Without getting spoilered, or do the achievement names or descriptions give anything away?

Loudninja

So I'm sitting at my computer wearing my awesome-sauce beanie, was wondering if the achievementlist is safe to check out (on the PS4) Without getting spoilered, or do the achievement names or descriptions give anything away?
No new powers or characters, they do give out what you collect and side missions though.

Also I am not sure if they added any new ones since I seen the trophy list just to let you know.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I put in the code for coles legacy but nothing downloaded. Was it included in the patch download?
It's included in the patch, the code just unlocks it.

The frame-rate is shit. Surprised no one has been complaining from what I've seen. The opening cutscene stutters and then once you finally get control of Delsin, it's a stuttering mess. It's like GTAV's frame-rate.

And it's pretty damn stupid I had to close the application and go back in just to trigger the day one patch to version 1.01.

I never had a problem with the frame-rate. It's definitely not like GTA V's.

Paganmoon

No new powers or characters, they do give out what you collect and side missions though.

Also I am not sure if they added any new ones since I seen the trophy list just to let you know.

Thanks, I'll check it out after a few hours of gaming I suppose, and what the hell at achievements, MS has infected me, next thing I know I'll be lining up for the Xbox One release in September...

played it for a good 1 hour and a half last night didn't suffer any frame rate dips whatsoever, even during intense battles

Mikey Jr.

Anyone figure out how to fix the errors from the extra dlc? Bought digital, and it says it can't download them and gives some error code.

molnizzle

Is there really no way to turn off the aiming reticle when you're just running around? Shooters have conditioned me to hone in on that and ignore just about everything else. Not good for a game so focussed on movement.

Also, fuck unlocked frame rates. What do devs do this.

Anyone figure out how to fix the errors from the extra dlc? Bought digital, and it says it can't download them and gives some error code.

It's just an erroneous message, you have the DLC.

todahawk

I set my PS4 to standby last night, had all the proper things checked........expect inFamous to auto-download while I sleep........wake up, no inFamous. :(

DL'ing now though.

Well at least you're not a zombie like me. I woke up at 3am EST but couldn't download until around 4am. fell back to sleep, got up for work, played a bit, watching the clock like crazy :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

it's not shit, but it is more variable than i would have liked

ChrisW

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with the smoke orbital drop? To me it doesn't look as good as it did in the trailers, particle effects and camera angles aren't as good, also delsin's face doesn't look as good when he smiles at the camera

Oscar

So it's okay if you accidentally injure or kill civilians and enemies, right? Like that won't mess up my Good Karma trophy run, right?
You will be fine as long as you're still at a Good Karma level. You would have to kill a ton of civilians in a row without doing anything Good Karma related in order to affect the achievement.

Gaz_RB

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with the smoke orbital drop? To me it doesn't look as good as it did in the trailers, particle effects and camera angles aren't as good, also delsin's face doesn't look as good when he smiles at the camera

Downgradeton?

I played through the entire game. Framerate is super solid man. I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. The opening cutscene with Delsin on the roof, I thought it actually seemed above 30fps for a couple moments.

I'm sure you system is fine. It might actually be a setting on your TV. Do you have an auto-motion plus feature turned on your TV or something like that? If your TV has a game mode make sure it is turned on when playing your system.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
it's not shit, but it is more variable than i would have liked

Yeah, this is what I have definitely saw from what i've played so far.

Anyways, I dunno what I expected, I fall into the hype way too easily, but this game is just not grabbing me. The graphics are ok, the controls feel little big planet floaty, and the story almost laughable. It's the beginning though, will hopefully see it to the end.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

It looks the same to me.

Framerate's nowhere near GTA V's level, but it does drop noticeably almost every time you move the camera. That weird acceleration on the camera movement exacerbates the problem, too. It doesn't seem to go below 30 (I've seen a few split-second hitches, but no sustained drops), but you can always tell when framerates fluctuate like that. Like Killzone SF, this is a game that would benefit hugely from a framerate lock option.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm obviously still caught up in the hype of getting this game for the first time. But man, I'm still glowing from this. I just love everything about it. The characters, the setting, the powers. Maybe the AI will get repetitive by the end of the game. But I'm having fun just collecting shards and taking over territories. I love just traversing the city. Feels good, since this is the first next gen game I've bought so far that really lives up to what I wanted it to be.

I pre-order back in January and Zavvi don't deliver on time. First and last time I pre-order there, hopefully I get my SE tomorrow.

Nice to see everyone that has got is enjoying the game though, bodes well.

besada

Banned
Downloading at home, but sadly I have to go to Austin this weekend, so I'll probably only get to play for an hour. Grr.

Top Bottom