• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Gurish

The frame-rate is shit. Surprised no one has been complaining from what I've seen. The opening cutscene stutters and then once you finally get control of Delsin, it's a stuttering mess. It's like GTAV's frame-rate.

And it's pretty damn stupid I had to close the application and go back in just to trigger the day one patch to version 1.01.
What the hell?!
Framerste is smooth as butter, nothing stutters, especially cutscenes, GTA level of stutter?
Sorry but something is wrong with your PS4.

Jaroof

Well, I'm pretty pissed right now.
I placed my order at Best Buy for the collector's edition of inFAMOUS waaay back in January.

About a month ago, my debit card information got compromised, so I had to get a new one. This compromised account happened to be the one that I paid for inFAMOUS with... so after I got my new card, I immediately changed my card information on BestBuy.com to avoid any issues.

Wednesday, I get an e-mail saying that there was an error with my order, and that wasn't able to be paid.
I call a local Best Buy rep to see what the problem was, and they tell me that it's probably due to the fact that my card was compromised, and even though I changed my account information on the website, the other card was used for the order, so it cancelled. He tells me that he can change the information on the order to that of my new card's, so that I'll be able to pick my game up today. I thank him and hang up.

Well, I just got back from Best Buy... apparently, they only had one preorder for the Collector's Edition, and it wasn't for me. :/

So not only did I not get the Collector's Edition... I could've just downloaded it when it went up at midnight, and saved some time!
Oh well.. inFAMOUS time.

So Jelly right now of everyone playing this. Got a full day of work ahead of me, not getting off till 7:30pm. Feels like I have been here hours, look down and its been 30 minutes lol. Not a good sign

shwimpy

The game downloaded for me overnight and it works. Yay. But, all the DLC didn't and I can't re-initiate the download. Any suggestions?

The frame-rate is shit. Surprised no one has been complaining from what I've seen. The opening cutscene stutters and then once you finally get control of Delsin, it's a stuttering mess. It's like GTAV's frame-rate.

And it's pretty damn stupid I had to close the application and go back in just to trigger the day one patch to version 1.01.

lol.

You playing while the game is still installing? That is generally what happens.

That or your PS4 is about to go boom.

-PXG-

W9EneMt.jpg

Now....I wait for work to be over. :/

Well, I'm pretty pissed right now.
I placed my order at Best Buy for the collector's edition of inFAMOUS waaay back in January.

About a month ago, my debit card information got compromised, so I had to get a new one. This compromised account happened to be the one that I paid for inFAMOUS with... so after I got my new card, I immediately changed my card information on BestBuy.com to avoid any issues.

Wednesday, I get an e-mail saying that there was an error with my order, and that wasn't able to be paid.
I call a local Best Buy rep to see what the problem was, and they tell me that it's probably due to the fact that my card was compromised, and even though I changed my account information on the website, the other card was used for the order, so it cancelled. He tells me that he can change the information on the order to that of my new card's, so that I'll be able to pick my game up today. I thank him and hang up.

Well, I just got back from Best Buy... apparently, they only had one preorder for the Collector's Edition, and it wasn't for me. :/

So not only did I not get the Collector's Edition... I could've just downloaded it when it went up at midnight, and saved some time!
Oh well.. inFAMOUS time.

Sorry to hear that man. Was it because of the Target credit card fiasco?

ChrisW

My step sons reaction to the very first part of the game
this is cool......, wait, I don't even know what I'm doing....

pretty strange getting the player to tag something before even getting to see the character properly

I had to explain to him how to
hold the controller though cause he didn't get it

Majanew

Banned
Ok so I haven't seen chugs like GTAV, but the frame-rate is constantly stuttering. Very disappointed with that. And some textures are meh, but overall the game looks good. The IQ is very clean.

Guess we'll see when DF does their analysis.

Anyone with the PS Wireless headphones downloaded the music preset? I was wondering how it would appear for us? In the game, or an app update?

Bluenova

Neo Member
Downloading at home, but sadly I have to go to Austin this weekend, so I'll probably only get to play for an hour. Grr.

Remote Play that beech{?}

Game looks really nice the more I see of it, look forward to all the 'shared' gameplay..
more screens plz

DrM

Redmond's Baby
No luck with stores, my internet line will be upgraded in April, so we go DLing it the hard and long way.

Ironhorse

Neo Member
I so want to buy this game, but the previous two games just didn't do it for me (still own both). After reading the reviews and seeing a few playthroughs, it doesn't seem like there is much of a departure from its previous iterations. One thing I would like to add is that I couldn't get into the previous iterations of Dead Rising series, but I had a blast with Dead Rising 3, and I'm hoping a similar shift with Infamous. What made DR3 fun was the co-op aspect of it. I might give it whirl by renting it and if it piques my interest I will buy it.

This game is super pretty. I didn't think it would live up to the screenshots but the lighting is incredibly pleasing on the eye if just slightly overdone at times.

Textures are pretty shitty sometimes though but the facial animations are top notch and really sell the cutscenes.

Gurish

Ok so I haven't seen chugs like GTAV, but the frame-rate is constantly stuttering. Very disappointed with that. And some textures are meh, but overall the game looks good. The IQ is very clean.

Guess we'll see when DF does their analysis.
It's not constant by any means, it's always above 30, GTA5 is mostly sub 30, how is it even comparable?

Cuyejo

Only played up to before Seattle, it's very noticeable the framerate is unlocked, so what you may be seeing is stutter from frame rates in the 40s which cause judder on a 60 hz display. Maybe they can add an option to lock at 30fps like in Killzone.

Camper182

Ok so i'm at neon now, how do i change between smoke and neon? for example i really liked the vent teleporting thing with smoke and i dont know how to do that now.

Top Bottom