• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Nm, went into the webstore's download queue to re-download it. (for those who have the same issue)

Did it just automatically download for you after preordering? I preordered, but had to trigger the download myself this morning. I'm PS+, if that makes a difference. And I was in standby.

todahawk

How the actual fuck am I supposed to sit in the office until 5 today, let alone do actual work?

daffy-duck-waiting.gif

Productivity today = 0

tumblr_mt7zkpbIk21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

eshwaaz

About two hours in, and absolutely loving it. I found the first two inFamous games to be decent, but not great. Second Son is just clicking with me - combat is much more satisfying, city is far more appealing with a much stronger sense of place.

My only complaint so far is the audio mix. Some sounds are too loud, while others are far too quiet. The sound of debris landing behind me should not be considerably louder than the explosion happening 15 feet in front of me.

Whelp...went to Target and exchanged my unopened BF4 (which gaf made me scared to open) for a limited edition Infamous Second son.

I never played the second one and the first one I got sitting on my ps3 Harddrive because I got the digital version for free for some reason a long time ago.

Should I play through the first one first? I'm not an impatient person, so if it's worth playing through the first one first, I can do that, or would it not be worth the time?

IMO, you should either play 1 & 2 or neither. Or at least play 1, and read/watch the story for number 2. They go hand-in hand. I found 1 had the best story but I found 2 much more fun to play, though many people do seem to prefer the original one (I can't understand why).

But from what I understand there's almost no mention of the plot from those in this one, so you can jump right in if you want. I do think it's worth experiencing the origins of the series though.

IMO, you should either play 1 & 2 or neither. Or at least play 1, and read/watch the story for number 2. They go hand-in hand. I found 1 had the best story but I found 2 much more fun to play, though many people do seem to prefer the original one (I can't understand why).

But from what I understand there's almost no mention of the plot from those in this one, so you can jump right in if you want. I do think it's worth experiencing the origins of the series though.

This is accurate.

shwimpy

Did it just automatically download for you after preordering? I preordered, but had to trigger the download myself this morning. I'm PS+, if that makes a difference. And I was in standby.
I triggered the inFAMOUS download when it went up last night through the webstore and all the DLC queued up automatically as well. The downloads of the DLC all failed though.

I prefer the original as the level design and platforming was much better

speaking on that, are there any areas like the giant climbable tower in Infamous 1?

StuBurns

Banned
This game is extremely impressive.

Certainly the best console graphics so far, I can't believe how good it looks. A considerable step up from KZ, despite being open world.

I'm really enjoying the tone of the writing and the character.

I think the previous games have taken way too long before you feel bad ass, this is like within the first hour you feel like a super hero, it's really cool.

Not played much, but wow, awesome game.

Stopped over a friends house to check out the game. It looks really really good. If they had a infamous bundle I would pick up a ps4 right now. Saving up for a house so can't really spend cash like I used to. So jealous.

So I input the codes for the skins and Cole's Legacy but they didn't appear anywhere on my downloads or give an indication they were downloading.

Does anyone know what to do here?

satori

ok, I have to bow out from this thread. I have the game dl and ready to go from home....sitting here on a slow Friday cursing at the fact that I have to be stuck here at work while the game is sitting there.

I was so tempted to fire the game up before work but no good could come from that...

beast786

This game is extremely impressive.

Certainly the best console graphics so far, I can't believe how good it looks. A considerable step up from KZ, despite being open world.

I'm really enjoying the tone of the writing and the character.

I think the previous games have taken way too long before you feel bad ass, this is like within the first hour you feel like a super hero, it's really cool.

Not played much, but wow, awesome game.

I felt the same way, previous game missions were to acquire power. This time missions are about how to use the given power.

5amshift

Banned
The games opening looks amazingly good. Played for about 2 hours and am loving every minute so far. I went the infamous route, since I wanted to see first hand at blowing up everything in sight.

AnnTiPa

Enjoying the game so far but hating the crosshair. Please tell me there's on option to disable it while not zooming in / shooting that I just missed. Having a large circle in the middle of the screen when you're just trying to enjoy the city is no fun. :(

pompidu

20 gb intall with the disc??

As far as i am aware all ps4 games install. There is no install screen, it installs while you play.

I'm an hour into and only have the smoke power, my man its awesome being a badass with powers. City does feel more alive than previous installments.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
How the actual fuck am I supposed to sit in the office until 5 today, let alone do actual work?

daffy-duck-waiting.gif

Normally I get off at 5, but because the developers decided that this was a prime week to give us a new project that needs to be checked for balance issues, we're here until 8 this week, which means I don't get home until 9:30 thanks to dat sweet LA traffic!

I won't be playing SS until at least 10, if I'm lucky. :(

It's going to be a long day at work today! At least no weekend OT.

Top Bottom