• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I'm happy to see (mostly) everyone enjoying the game as much as I did.

Savor every moment, I wish I could play it again for the first time.

mmitt

I really wish the PS4 had a feature like the Activity Log on the 3DS, where you can see how many hours you've played a game.
Not everyone lists the playtime in their save file, unfortunately.

Anyway, just finished my good playthrough, really enjoyed it. Hoping that the papertrail stuff is working soon, curious what they're planing with that in the next few weeks.

Just came to post how amazing the grafix are and how good the voice acting and facial capture is.

OMG I'm blown away

Also the gameplay is fun. It's def the funest infamous game ive ever played.

4hrs in

I'm about 3 hours in and the game sure is repetitive. Very good looking game but repetivie indeed. I'm still on my first power so I'll keep plugging away.

jwk94

Whelp, I've downloaded the game three times and yet I still can't play it. First it wouldn't load, now I get the error ce-34878-0 message. Does anybody know how to fix that or should I just get a refund?

JJD

Guys is Cole's Legacy DLC included in the digital version download?

I just downloaded the game and the patch, there was nothing else.

For example, Thief's Bank Heist pre order DLC was a separate download.

Played the game for 20 minutes, graphics are incredible...always loved infamous (I have a platinum for the first one) so I had no worries about the gameplay.

Just as I got to Seattle a massive thunderstorm starts where I live and I had to turn everything off...I want to play more!!! :-(

Ha, one of the pedestrians just made a Cole reference when I saved someone. That was cool.

Also, found a little Asian market and you can shoot watermelons one by one, along with the other food there. Nex gen, yo.

Whelp, I've downloaded the game three times and yet I still can't play it. First it wouldn't load, now I get the error ce-34878-0 message. Does anybody know how to fix that or should I just get a refund?

If it's already downloaded........are you sure you've deleted all information related to the game from the settings menu, then disconnect from internet and turn off PS4. Turn back on, double check everything is gone...and redownload?

I had a problem with Fifa that happened where it all the sudden started crashing the game every time I played. Had to remove all traces of it, redownload and that worked.

Guys is Cole's Legacy DLC included in the digital version download?

I just downloaded the game and the patch, there was nothing else.

For example, Thief's Bank Heist pre order DLC was a separate download.

Played the game for 20 minutes, graphics are incredible...always loved infamous (I have a platinum for the first one) so I had no worries about the gameplay.

Just as I got to Seattle a massive thunderstorm starts where I live and I had to turn everything off...I want to play more!!! :-(

I'm still pissed that the Cole's Legacy DLC was missing from my case.

Tabular

Banned
Played a pretty good chunk, got the third power. Man, this game is a fucking blast. I don't think I've had this much fun just traveling the city since swinging around in Spider-man 2. Combat feels great and the game just looks gorgeous.

Ya. Worth a ps4 purchase just to experience this game. This and ground zeros in one week is almost overload.

Might be a dumb question, but how many powers are there?
Four

Grisby

City is real purty.

Haven't found any audio logs or anything though, No stencil drawings or secret agent guys. What do they look like? Or do I need to unlock them or something?

JJD

I downloaded digitally, and I have the Cole's legacy DLC.

Did you had a separate download for it? Or you just downloaded the game and it was included?

I pre ordered the game, but I couldn't download it until now.

I'm still pissed that the Cole's Legacy DLC was missing from my case.

Man that's shitty! Did you try to get in contact with Sony custumer service?

If you use twitter you can always try sending SP a message.

City is real purty.

Haven't found any audio logs or anything though, No stencil drawings or secret agent guys. What do they look like? Or do I need to unlock them or something?
You have to take out the DUP base in a district to get everything marked on the map.

ST2K

Just beat it in like 8 hours of playtime.

Kinda short, makes the same mistakes the old inFamous games made, but it was pretty and had solid writing. I think it's a pretty good game, but I was kind of expecting more.

Finally beat (2nd district boss spoilers)
He Who Dwells
. God damn what an unejoyable shitty fight that's part of an otherwise amazing game.

Game is pretty fun. I'm sort of having trouble adjusting to the floaty controls. The story is also pretty awful so far.

Really, really impressed with the visuals. Rainy Seattle is sooooo pretty.

I just binged on this game for the past 14 hours, and my god. It was glorious. I've never ever done that before and don't see myself doing it again but it was so worth it.

I took a bunch of screenshots but I don't even know how to get them off the console.

vypek

Ok these
angels
can go **** off now. First part of the game I'm not really having fun.

Finally beat (2nd district boss spoilers)
He Who Dwells
. God damn what an unejoyable shitty fight that's part of an otherwise amazing game.

Geez, now I'm worried that I'm going to instantly hate that part of the game when I get to it (I'm assuming they are about the same part of the game) and choose not to do an expert run cause of it. Happened to me with Uncharted 2 cause of one chapter

I know the GOOD OR BAD MORALS is mostly dumb for almost every game that implements it, but I find it quite welcome here; I'm playing through my first playthrough doing EVERYTHING good
(except for accidentally blowing up civilians on those holding cells every now and then)
, and then going to play through it again doing everything bad. Really glad you get different cutscenes and such.

Chuck

Still without luck
I liked that one of the drug dealer guys said something to the regard of

"take yourself and your skinny jeans back to Portland!"

Did you had a separate download for it? Or you just downloaded the game and it was included?

I pre ordered the game, but I couldn't download it until now.

Man that's shitty! Did you try to get in contact with Sony custumer service?

If you use twitter you can always try sending SP a message.

I sent SP a few tweets, but they haven't said anything. I assume their twitter page is drowning in stuff, haha.

I'm talking with Sony Live Assistance right now. Hopefully they can do something.

Edit: Man, I love being the hero. I didn't really do the Evil playthroughs in the previous two games cause it never sits right with me.

RangersFan

I'm having issues playing this game evil, I think I'm about to restart and go full hero like I did with 1 and 2. With Cole I think it was a lot easier to justify going full infamous.

maneil99

I sent SP a few tweets, but they haven't said anything. I assume their twitter page is drowning in stuff, haha.

I'm talking with Sony Live Assistance right now. Hopefully they can do something.

Edit: Man, I love being the hero. I didn't really do the Evil playthroughs in the previous two games cause it never sits right with me.
Same boat tell me what happens.

Lucent

Just beat it in like 8 hours of playtime.

Kinda short, makes the same mistakes the old inFamous games made, but it was pretty and had solid writing. I think it's a pretty good game, but I was kind of expecting more.

Geez. I have a feeling I'm not gonna beat it that fast. I keep looking at everything and getting sidetracked.

Timu

Ok I have 9 more uncompressed ones and that's it for now, lol:
ibvlB8qNOOkqUt.png

iT3A6APoY4KeC.png

irTogx9LlV66.png

ibkF1Ry6tKWLbh.png

ihUMLEaG9iTFQ.png

ihRPdsC8pj6fn.png

ibzZhU2MDVTfx4.png

iR48RjbQDYx9k.png

iPLYbuhz9xsSB.png

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The night time sections in the rain are drop dead gorgeous. I don't feel like progressing through the story just so I can stay in this time of day because of how beautiful it looks. I pray they patch in the option to select the weather and time of day once you've completed the story.

Top Bottom