• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

This game is awesome. Pure and simple. I'm really happy I shelled out that little extra for the Collector's Edition.

GET THIS! My local game shop here in Taipei knows me so well, they gave me this bracelet! I totally wasn't supposed to get it because they only got 2 or 3 of them and they were supposed to give them to the first few customers who bought the inFamous SS PS4 bundle. They said this guy didn't want it so they figured they'd give it to me because I'm a "really good customer". So that was a nice little bonus on top of all of the inFamous Second Son swag I got with the Collector's Edition:

13322067895_9621350064_b.jpg

13322448294_9417558b70_b.jpg

JJD

Sony Live Assistance told me to take it up with Best Buy or ask Sucker Punch. They can't provide any help

:/

Man this is stupid. If you can prove you pre ordered the game they should give you a download code.

There is no one from Sucker Punch here on Gaf that could help? Who's is their community manager?

PBY

Banned
2 questions

What difficulty should I play on? I don't wanna die a lot or be frustrated, but I want some challenge.

Also- length for just the main story? Like zero side stuff.

1337Sauce

Is the completion rate on the loading screen indicative of everything or just the main story? If it includes everything, does anybody know roughly what percent the story missions would conclude at? Spoiler tag it if necessary!

I'm only an hour in, but just wanted to stop by and say how much I'm enjoying the game. I didn't really play the Infamous games on PS3 but Second Son is fantastic so far. First of all, it has absolutely stunning graphics; this is next-gen! The voice acting is also high calibre, the writing is clever, and I like the basic premise of the story. The smoke/fire power is a blast to use already! I have a feeling this game is going to be better for me than some of the reviewers because the gameplay doesn't feel last gen at all; it's my first proper experience with a super powers game. Sucker Punch has created a new fan of the Infamous series today (and I'm sure thousands of others too).

Honestly, these games always seem to make so much more sense playing as a hero than as a jerk.

Cole made no sense as a villain, and neither does Del.

But I did love Hero Cole quite a bit, despite being a flat character. He was great in inFamous 2. Del is fucking rocking it though.

I almost wish Cole had survived so we could see Cole and Del team up in a future inFamous game.

Set in Las Vegas. NEON AND ELECTRICITY AND SMOG EVERYWHERE.

Is delsin Native American?

Yup!

Can any of you guys tell me if you're having this issue?

Push your right stick up in to the right corner and tell me if the camera is moving slower compared to all the other directions. I can't tell if it's my controller or the game. My R3 does sound a little funky and harder to push than L3, but I've barely played my PS4 since November so it certainly can't be wear and tear.

Anyone else finding the audio quiet and lacking punch/bass?

I was actually impressed by the opposite: very punchy sound effects.

Then again I'm using a Pulse Elite headset with the Second Son sound profile, so it could have an effect on that. But the first time I was shooting at enemies with smoke and kept hearing the punchy THUMPS I was like "where are the complaints coming from??"

RE_Player

God I'm only 2 hours in but this game is reminding me how underrated inFamous is in the "feel" department. I feels so satisfying moving around the city and in combat.

The Lamp

So I just got the neon powers.

WTF Sucker Punch. I'm blown away by how much better this game is over the other inFAMOUS games. The acting, plot and cinematics are leagues ahead of the other game. The graphics are mind-boggling for an open-world game. I keep doing the most insane superpowered actions and the game keeps up with me, rarely dropping frames. And the particle effects for neon are OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Graphics aside, the game is SO fun to play. WOW. I love the adjustments they made to good/evil. Even though it's still binary it feels like it makes more sense and adds more options to the gameplay and plot tan before. The powers themselves are so fun and wow I just can't stop playing. It is so fun to play.

It is really hard to go back to Dark Souls 2 after how pretty and stable this game runs.

If this is a preview of what current gen is going to be like then I am completely stunned.

The audio is pretty phenomenal. Love the sound of Neon. I'm pretty sure this is the first time that sound coming from the controller was actually enhancing the experience a tiny bit.

Loving the soundtrack too! Such good guitars. inFamous games always nail the soundtracks so beautifully. From inFamous's harsh electric, to inFamous 2's downlow swamp style, to Second Son's almost grunge stuff.

It's so good.

emko

I was actually impressed by the opposite: very punchy sound effects.

Then again I'm using a Pulse Elite headset with the Second Son sound profile, so it could have an effect on that. But the first time I was shooting at enemies with smoke and kept hearing the punchy THUMPS I was like "where are the complaints coming from??"

When you switch the modes when you get to the second son profile does it play some kind of music instead of that voice?

Can any of you guys tell me if you're having this issue?

Push your right stick up in to the right corner and tell me if the camera is moving slower compared to all the other directions. I can't tell if it's my controller or the game. My R3 does sound a little funky and harder to push than L3, but I've barely played my PS4 since November so it certainly can't be wear and tear.

My DS4 thay came wih my PS4 started to do that.. it turned left slower than right and progressively got worse. Then it started to look down at the ground any time I would out any pressure on the right stick. Luckily mine started acting up right away, I was able to return it for a new one. No problems since. I just tried what you said and mine is fine in the game.

Edit: my R3 also sounded funky..

I can't, I've gotten
the angel
down to seconds remaining and every single time some bullshit happens. Why they thought this was a good idea I'll never know.

Grinchy

Banned
I think I'm liking it the more I play. General mobility just feel so good and the "gunplay" feels decent as well. The story feels more cohesive so far than I1 as well.

Man this is stupid. If you can prove you pre ordered the game they should give you a download code.

There is no one from Sucker Punch here on Gaf that could help? Who's is their community manager?

Well, if someone can figure out a solution, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

JABEE

inFamous Second Son looks fantastic. I have played up to the point where Delsin is unlocking more Neon moves. So damn impressive. My expectations have been exceeded with this game. I only finished inFamous 1, and quit on inFamous 2. Can't wait to play some more Second Son.

I saw a guitar player earlier. Should I have kicked his ass? I couldn't seem to interact with him. Also, I'm doing a hero run but I still smack up the protesters. Will that hamper my good progression?

My DS4 thay came wih my PS4 started to do that.. it turned left slower than right and progressively got worse. Then it started to look down at the ground any time I would out any pressure on the right stick. Luckily mine started acting up right away, I was able to return it for a new one. No problems since. I just tried what you said and mine is fine in the game.

Edit: my R3 also sounded funky..

My god :(

I don't wanna do a scummy Amazon swap, guess I'll fork over for a fresh one. I really notice it and it's fucking up my aiming.

fedexpeon

Banned
These evil choices are sometime too evil for me, and I have to pick the nice side instead.
Yet killing people in the most badass/cruel way, I just shrug it off like it is nothing...Hypocrite, or not sensitive enough to the act of violence due to videogames?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
omfg

brb going to go finish Killzone
Yeah, you can now. I played it for a few minutes like that and IMO, it's worse that way, but I guess you'll like it. I think the cap option should exist, but leave it unlocked every time by default, unless the game is going for some heavy artistic and cinematic approach.

I don't wanna do a scummy Amazon swap, guess I'll fork over for a fresh one. I really notice it and it's fucking up my aiming.

If you originally purchased from Amazon, just tell them it's not working. Besides being under warranty, Amazon will probably just replace it for good customer service.

Has Sucker Punch said when Paper Trail is going live? I just did the first mission of it and it bothers me that I can't actually complete it until they let us link our accounts.

McBryBry

So I'm guessing its common to not be able to link your PSN account to the paper trail site? The FAQ says "go to your profile and hit the PSN button" so I'm assuming it isn't there yet or I'm just dumb.

Jafku

Man, Neon to me feels so much easier to use than smoke, especially since im playing my hero route first. The only advantage smoke has over neon is traversal from building to building.

Shit.

I hateeee getting stuck in games like this. Maybe I'll play easy.

Play Expert until that boss fight [or any boss fight that may cause a problem] then turn it back to normal for those scenes

Normal was too easy for the game. I cranked it up the moment I hit my 2nd district. Didn't give me the trophy for expert though :(

Man, Neon to me feels so much easier to use than smoke, especially since im playing my hero route first. The only advantage smoke has over neon is traversal from building to building.

With Neon and an upgrade, neon is a much faster traversal power than smoke

PBY

Banned
Play Expert until that boss fight [or any boss fight that may cause a problem] then turn it back to normal for those scenes

Normal was too easy for the game. I cranked it up the moment I hit my 2nd district. Didn't give me the trophy for expert though :(
You can selectively switch difficulty?

Mannnn that's AWESOME. More games need to do this.

Starting to sound like you have to set the difficulty to Expert and THEN start a new game. Turn it off at any point and it won't work. Has anyone actually gotten the trophy yet?

well it looks like Infamous has begun the borking of my disc drive. Tried putting it in standby after a few hours of Infamous playtime and got the endless disc eject.

I turned it off twice and it seems to be working fine now but whats the consensus on this? Is my disc drive on borrowed time? Or has anybody figured out a permanent fix for this?

You can selectively switch difficulty?

Mannnn that's AWESOME. More games need to do this.

Yep but the options menu isn't really obvious. It's quite subtle

You can also manually save and load your game if you want but I bet many gaffers have never done that

Starting to sound like you have to set the difficulty to Expert and THEN start a new game. Turn it off at any point and it won't work. Has anyone actually gotten the trophy yet?

Yeah I dunno. I think if you set it to expert in the starting area it would count. There was a gaffer on here who had the platinum already. I'll do a Villain run this weekend and try for it

PBY

Banned
well it looks like Infamous has begun the borking of my disc drive. Tried putting it in standby after a few hours of Infamous playtime and got the endless disc eject.

I turned it off twice and it seems to be working fine now but whats the consensus on this? Is my disc drive on borrowed time? Or has anybody figured out a permanent fix for this?
Mine did some funky shit with AC. I unplugged my ps4 and it was fine after that.

Top Bottom