• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Jafku

Play Expert until that boss fight [or any boss fight that may cause a problem] then turn it back to normal for those scenes

Normal was too easy for the game. I cranked it up the moment I hit my 2nd district. Didn't give me the trophy for expert though :(

With Neon and an upgrade, neon is a much faster traversal power than smoke
Interesting...
Also playing with the Gold Wireless headset,
So Good

I just got my
] neon
powers. And I just switched back to the original smoke power. But I didn't hear an explanation as to why it switched back all of sudden. Because when I tried to drain smoke by accident he made a funny comment and then I switched back and he didn't say anything.

Oh and before I forget there were 2 things that really annoyed me about this game

1. Delsin's Vinegar strokes face during core powerups
  2. YOU CANNOT CLIMB THE FREAKIN SPACE NEEDLE ASIDE FROM A MISSION. SOME GRADE A LEVEL BULL

Other than that, game is rather fun. Open world missions are repetitive but not too bad. Main missions are great

You do have to wait until the 2nd power set for it to really shine though

I just got my
] neon
powers. And I just switched back to the original smoke power. But I didn't hear an explanation as to why it switched back all of sudden. Because when I tried to drain smoke by accident he made a funny comment and then I switched back and he didn't say anything.

To switch powers you simply
drain a power source for that power. Smoke for smoke, neon for neon. You can go back and forth at will

FMbarbarian

Starting to sound like you have to set the difficulty to Expert and THEN start a new game. Turn it off at any point and it won't work. Has anyone actually gotten the trophy yet?

I set it to expert as soon as the opening
graffiti
scene started and I got the expert trophy.

Has Sucker Punch said when Paper Trail is going live? I just did the first mission of it and it bothers me that I can't actually complete it until they let us link our accounts.

you wont be able to complete it even when we are able to make the link...it will be episodic over the next 6 weeks

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone know how to use the other jackets yet? I keep getting told I'm collecting jackets but I have no idea how to put them on.

PBY

Banned
Oh and before I forget there were 2 things that really annoyed me about this game

1. Delsin's Vinegar strokes face during core powerups
  2. YOU CANNOT CLIMB THE FREAKIN SPACE NEEDLE ASIDE FROM A MISSION. SOME GRADE A LEVEL BULL

Other than that, game is rather fun. Open world missions are repetitive but not too bad. Main missions are great

You do have to wait until the 2nd power set for it to really shine though

To switch powers you simply
drain a power source for that power. Smoke for smoke, neon for neon. You can go back and forth at will
Is the side stuff necessary for leveling/progression? Hate open world side filler, gonna just do the main missions if possible.

Anyone know how to use the other jackets yet? I keep getting told I'm collecting jackets but I have no idea how to put them on.

Options -> Character Bio Screen

Then you can select jackets there

Is the side stuff necessary for leveling/progression? Hate open world side filler, gonna just do the main missions if possible.

I think you can skip most of the side stuff except like 3 or 4 districts where you have to clear them for a mission. In those instances you can do the bare minimum to clear the district and progress in the story

However to powerup you need to collect shards so there's that

If you originally purchased from Amazon, just tell them it's not working. Besides being under warranty, Amazon will probably just replace it for good customer service.

Unfortunately it's the one that game with the console that I got at launch from Gamestop. They will most certainly tell me to shove it.

supergiz

Been playing for 4 hours straight. I'm not getting much sleep tonight. Damn this is the first ps4 game that truly impresses me.

Oh my god that is fucking awesome. Had no idea. Figured it might be a
day / night cycle
type of thing.

But that is great.

Yep it makes sense too

Only problem is
when you have like 3 or 4 powers and fighting then need to juice and you accidentally switch powersets. It's actually great though because it's a Oh shit! moment and you have to adapt or die

I noticed my PS4 was vibrating a lot with infamous in the disc drive. I tried all my other games incase I was just being paranoid but nope, it only happens when I put the infamous disc in. I wonder if there is some kind of warp in the disc or something. I might try and bring it back tomorrow and try another copy. Its vibrating at scary levels. Anyone else notice this?

Lucent

The one thing I don't like: Even though not die'n in the water is an improvement, it's still kind of odd that you can't swim around. You can only move to shore. =l

Dead

well not really...yet
Just played about 5 hours straight and just got neon.

Fuck this game is amazing. Neon just takes it to a whole other level. Dat traversal omg.

v1lla21

I love using the touch pad for the menus :) lol. I've been getting rid of the DUP from the districts. So far I've only cleared 2 to 0% occupation.

I played for something like 11-12 hours straight today. Jesus. I had so many things I could have done today, shit I normally wouldn't get to do (dinner with my parents, a party with some friends, a hangout with my best friend) but I never left the house. I had Pizza Hut delivered and I played that game all fucking day. Hahaha.

Gah. I have that regretful feeling settling in after a wasted day.

But still, I guess I don't...regret it? I had a blast today.

Jagxyz

1. YOU CANNOT CLIMB THE FREAKIN SPACE NEEDLE ASIDE FROM A MISSION. SOME GRADE A LEVEL BULL

One of the things that they couldn't do if they wanted to include the space needle was allow players to jump off of it. I guess that's why you can't climb it, and why you're automagically transported to the bottom after the mission.

Source : podcast beyond

A few hours in. Graphics are fantastic, but man am I terrible at combat. Any tips?

Don't try to take on large groups at once, especially when raiding the DUP strongholds. I use a hit and run sort of style which both smoke and neon are really good at. With smoke you want to be as evasive as possible - use the dash a lot. With neon you can afford to sit back and snipe enemies.

One of the things that they couldn't do if they wanted to include the space needle was allow players to jump off of it. I guess that's why you can't climb it, and why you're automagically transported to the bottom after the mission.

man, that's lame. This ain't GTA. You aren't going to ragdoll across the pavement. The dude can fly.

gadwn

ugliest face ever.

Yeah, I was laughing out loud the first time I saw that, what the hell were they thinking? How could they not see that DERP-face?!

Played 2 hours or so. the first hour is fantastic. The prettiest game I have ever seen and I even liked the story and the characters during the start. The second hour I just felt like I was back in InFamous and grinding side missions and constantly getting shot at wherever I go. That's probably my main complaint against the series, there is just too many enemies until you have done all the side stuff. I wish there were more neutral zones there you could enjoy the amazing traversal.

Still like the game a lot though. Pumped for getting my neon powers tomorrow! :D

Did anyone try jumping off during that mission? I dont get why you could climb it in a mission and not afterward.

WarpathDC

I noticed my PS4 was vibrating a lot with infamous in the disc drive. I tried all my other games incase I was just being paranoid but nope, it only happens when I put the infamous disc in. I wonder if there is some kind of warp in the disc or something. I might try and bring it back tomorrow and try another copy. Its vibrating at scary levels. Anyone else notice this?

Yes early in the game it sounded like my ps4 would take off at any moment. I think the drive was in high speed read mode to rip the 21 gig install in the background.
I think the whole first mission with the bus etc the game is installing

Jesb

Can't believe the trouble I'm having on this boss. It's making me go from liking the game to hating it.

I feel like you'd be able to with the unlimited neon run you get for having good karma...

Ok guys I REALLY need some help with a missing collectible:

I am unable to get the last 2 tracker drones in Pioneer Square. They show on the map and I can hear them faintly but I've looked up and down a million times and theyre nowhere to be seen, even when they are right on top of me. What am I doing wrong?!

WarpathDC

Anyone else having a fucking insanely difficult time with those "secret spy" side missions? Chasing those guys down is a CHORE.

look for the white dot on the minimal. Dude always runs to the end of a zone and gets stuck there. As long as you are chasing him until then it won't fail the mission. It was Def frustrating until I figured it out.

Loving this game so far. I am really mixing it up with smoke, and am about to open a whole new can of worms with Neon. Game is phenomenal and Sucker Punch deserves more praise. In a time where people are demanding fun gameplay, this game delivers in spades. Who cares if some side missions are run of the mill you got freaking super powers (plural)! Do something amazing.

Yes early in the game it sounded like my ps4 would take off at any moment. I think the drive was in high speed read mode to rip the 21 gig install in the background.
I think the whole first mission with the bus etc the game is installing
It was odd for me. I never noticed it untill about 5 or 6 hours in. It was vibrating a little then it stared vibrating my whole entertainment unit. Has never done this before.

WarpathDC

It was odd for me. I never noticed it untill about 5 or 6 hours in. It was vibrating a little then it stared vibrating my whole entertainment unit. Has never done this before.

This sounds ghetto but put about 4 to 5 playing cards under the left rear side of your ps4. It essentially acts as the 4th rubber foot that never was that leads to the wobble and loud vibrations when the bd drive is going at high speeds. I did this and it quieted it way down. YMMV.

Just arrived in China Town by the looks of it and I am loving every single minute of this game. I'm torn between smoke and neon powers, not sure which I prefer or play better with.

You should really be able to switch between powers using the d-pad, and it just takes the amount of charge you had when you switched. Maybe add a minute cooldown or something...

alterno69

Banned
Ok, i'm a believer. Take it from someone who never enjoyed the first two games, tho to be fair i never gave them much of a chance cause the graphics whore in me wasn't impressed, and the jaggies fuuuuck. I have to say it starts slow but once i got the first three smoke powers the game started coming along.

I'm hooked now, music is amazing too. If there is one thing i could complain about is that after 22% the city feels like it lacks variety. I hope i get to visit more natural areas and not just blocks of buildings the whole game.

Other than that, the game is awesome.

This sounds ghetto but put about 4 to 5 playing cards under the left rear side of your ps4. It essentially acts as the 4th rubber foot that never was that leads to the wobble and loud vibrations when the bd drive is going at high speeds. I did this and it quieted it way down. YMMV.
Ill give it a try, thanks. Freaked me out a bit. I wonder why it has never happened before. Ive been playing it like a madman since NOV 15th.

WarpathDC

Ill give it a try, thanks. Freaked me out a bit. I wonder why it has never hapoened before. Ive been playing it like a madman since NOV 15th.

Yeah it bothered me around launch so I tried it and it worked. Good luck. It's a beast of a system. Love it despite the wobble

Dead

well not really...yet
The game really is amazing. The world, environments and graphics are simply unreal, traversal is a total joy, the music is great, and the characters and story so far are actually great.

If Sucker Punch could only improve their secondary content, they would be legendary. It's cool that each district has all this extra stuff to do, but there is 0 substantial secondary missions whatsoever, which is disappointing for an open world game imo.

Aside from that, its an easy 9/10

FMbarbarian

Ok guys I REALLY need some help with a missing collectible:

I am unable to get the last 2 tracker drones in Pioneer Square. They show on the map and I can hear them faintly but I've looked up and down a million times and theyre nowhere to be seen, even when they are right on top of me. What am I doing wrong?!

I don't have the game in front of me right now, but. If it's the area I think it is
there is an underground passage not to far from the map markers. They are both down there.

Top Bottom