• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Pop

In regards to the Paper Trail missions, the site is completely wonky right now, but finally got to link up my PSN Account, so has anyone
figured out what follow the White Rabbit means?

Also is there a way to force it to get the Karma you earned in Paper Trail to your game?

I took it has the mission in game. The very first paper trail mission.

That doesn't makes sense to me tbh.
You say you don't like night time, but then most of Infamous Second Son is set during night time or dusk.
No you're right it wouldn't make sense but I'm only a few hours in and haven't seen much of night. Again just my preference as I dread when the 24 hour cycle hits around the 18 hour mark knowing I'll be in the dark for the next 15-30 minutes.

This game turns into an amazing game when you get Neon. It changes everything and gives people who sucks at shooters amazing control with the slow-down.

I cannot say enough good things about this game.

My progress:
Just cleared the big DUP agent at the bridge headed to the second part of Seattle ... had to 100% everything before I moved on to the second part of the city, of course.

DNAbro

I need to stay all day in the library studying physics yet the only thing on my mind is playing more inFamous.

Game is too damn good.

eshwaaz

I cannot believe how much fun I'm having. Neither of the two previous inFamous games grabbed me like this.

It's impressive how many little details there are, especially for an open world game. Blowing trash and leaves cast shadows on the ground if they get close enough. Cast shadows can be seen on rising plumes of smoke. Such an amazing-looking game.

There's also a surprising amount of destructible and physics-active stuff in the environment outside of the DUP bases - bicycles, couches, garbage cans, etc. - which make battles even more chaotic with all the debris getting thrown around.

All this just a few months after PS4 launch. So excited about what the future holds.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
My only complaints so far have been about the graphics, I find the small details to be lacking. Not a big deal though. I think this review summed it up.

Puddles look great in the rain, but the effect is lessened by the fact that Delsin's footfalls don't make a single splash. Mud and leaves don't react to your passing. Delsin doesn't even look wet when it's raining. Sucker Punch's technical mastery leads to its weakness: everything looks so good that you wish they had the power to go farther.

That, and I'll say some of the character faces other than Delsin and Reggie look somewhat low res up close in cutscenes.

God this game feels so good. I've been having all these amazing fights where I'm just wrecking dudes and barely touching the ground, nailing snipers with rockets from mid-air and finally Comet Dropping on anyone who wasn't man enough to tussle with me on the rooftops.

I'm really pleased at how different the powers feel, too. When I found out we wouldn't be able to swap between powers on the fly with the D-pad I was worried that the powers would all be pretty same-y, because the designers would need to give you all of your abilities no matter what power you're using. That's true to a certain extent, but in practise Smoke and Neon feel totally different, and both are surprisingly different to the way the first two Infamous games play. With Smoke I barely even use the basic peashooter, preferring to get in close with melee, grenade/subdue combo and the shotgun blast. With Neon I'm up on rooftops the whole time, pulling off sweet Max Payne bullet time shots. Expert difficulty was pretty tricky to begin with, but once you unlock the abilities that give you health boosts for Subduing enemies you can really get up close and mess some dudes up. You just have to keep on the move constantly and make sure you're always going for those skillshots. Essentially, be a badass and you'll breeze through it :p

I haven't found the Cole's Legacy missions yet, though. Do they unlock at some later stage in the story? I'm just about to cross the bridge to the second island.

DirtyLarry

After using the neon power I want a Flash game.

I didn't even try to search. I will try in one or twe weeks when less people'll try to use the website.

When it links to your account it gives it to you automatically.

I took it has the mission in game. The very first paper trail mission.

Thanks all for the fast replies.
I am thinking even though I linked my account on the site it did not actually make its way to my PS4 yet, as I see no additional Karma and no new mission.
I did also think that perhaps the "On Console Activity" text next to the first mission somehow meant to check the Latest Activity feed for SS on the main home screen, but I guess that is to far advanced and it is just in game and I am not seeing it yet.

Thanks again all.

Ardenyal

Whats funny is the slight learning curve to each power. And If I use one power for too long, I feel like I have to relearn that learning curve for the previous power.

But once you master a powers fighting and traversal techniques, it really makes you feel like a badass..

True.

When i got neon i thought it was really weak for anything aside from traversal but now it's my go to power for everything.

Okay, so question about possibly the final mission (
Climbing the concrete tower to confront Augustine
): is that really the final mission? Is there a reason it one let me do
district showdowns
at this point in the game?

jaypah

Where do you live?

On the Westbank of New Orleans. Both Gamestops, WalMart and Toys R Us were sold out last night. WalMart and Toys R Us both had one PS4 in the display case, only my second time seeing the console in the wild since launch.

I usually laugh at the Gamestop employees when they tell me I should have preordered because I just go across the street to WalMart. Fucking joke was on me this time.

Sanjuro

This game is insensitive as fuck.

Killing all drug dealers? Why didn't they make this when they could have made a difference in Kurt Cobain's life?

Why are they giving me pictures of young black men wearing hoodies and telling me to go kill them!?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
On the Westbank of New Orleans. Both Gamestops, WalMart and Toys R Us were sold out last night. WalMart and Toys R Us both had one PS4 in the display case, only my second time seeing the console in the wild since launch.
I always laugh at myself when I'm in awe on the rare occasion that I see a PS4 in the wild since I've had one sitting in my room since launch.

jaypah

I always laugh at myself when I'm in awe on the rare occasion that I see a PS4 in the wild since I've had one sitting in my room since launch.

I know, lol. It's like some rare event when people find a PS4 in a store. So glad I got one at launch because they are apparently still a bitch to find.

As someone who hates heights climbing the space needle kinda freaked me out lol.
I both loved AND hated that part. I think it was the first game that had you fighting a boss high up in the sky, climbing all the way up...and then dropping back to surface level afterwards. I had forgotten all about that traumatic moment until last night.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm really surprised, but I much prefer Smoke to Neon.
Cleared the first island, so much fun.

I'm a little confused in regards to DLC, there's a white jacket, and investigation missions? Is that right?

I preordered from Amazon, and the game has no DLC code in it or whatever.

Kuldar

I'm a little confused in regards to DLC, there's a white jacket, and investigation missions? Is that right?

If you are in Europe, standard edition doesn't have the Cole Legacy DLC.

There's a DLC for Cole's Legacy inside the game box. That's all you should have to input.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yeah, I never got the preorder jacket set but I have Cole's Legacy. Odd.

Bookoo

I changed my mind.
Video
is amazing.

It is currently my favorite, I just love moving around.

Overall I am pretty happy with the game. Some of the characters are a little annoying, but the story is good so far and the game just looks great in motion.

I haven't found the Cole's Legacy missions yet, though. Do they unlock at some later stage in the story? I'm just about to cross the bridge to the second island.

Not sure when (if?) they need to be unlocked at all. I'm super early in the game, haven't even gotten neon yet, and I did the first Cole's mission already. Pretty sure I found it in the northwest part of the map. It was tagged with a yellow and black exclamation mark on my map.

K' Dash

Man I just can't leave a dustrict until I'm done 100%, aaarrrrgh, 40% and I just got Neon, this game is short, playing good first, later comes the EVIL.

He's talking about enemies. It's introduced 15 minutes into the game and was shown in the very first gameplay premier.

Of course i'm talking about ennemies, this stuff is told in the first hour of the game..

Played some more , new power of smoke are cool and moving around with some smokes upgrades is easier.
I do however dislike the hidden agent missions They don't feel that intresting IMO

Agent X

Awesome game so far. The graphics are very impressive. The environments are so detailed that I sometimes just wander around to check out the buildings.

I'm still early into the game, so I probably won't read this thread too much until I've gotten a lot more completed.

AnnTiPa

Just finished the game and while I'm rather satisfied, I was expecting more (then again, this might be just post Dark Souls 2 depression talking). I think that in the end I liked Infamous 2 more (which I played just a few months ago).

What probably bothered me the most is traversal. It's just too easy this time around when you're all powered up. Infamous 2 really nailed it with the ice launch, which makes be wonder how the game would have turned out if they gave
concrete
as the second power instead of
neon
. Now you just had to jump around anywhere you wanted instead of trying plan an optimal route.

It's also a shame how much time you spend on the rooftops, thanks being able to travel there so effortlessly. The game looks really nice on the ground level but there's really no reason to walk around when you can just zoom past everything.

The last power's circle move is
a poor man's neon :p. It reminds me of rhino or juggernaut. Also when you perform it in the air, the dogan spin in majora mask lol

sirap

Just finished the game and while I'm rather satisfied, I was expecting more (then again, this might be just post Dark Souls 2 depression talking). I think that in the end I liked Infamous 2 more (which I played just a few months ago).

What probably bothered me the most is traversal. It's just too easy this time around when you're all powered up. Infamous 2 really nailed it with the ice launch, which makes be wonder how the game would have turned out if they gave
concrete
as the second power instead of
neon
. Now you just had to jump around anywhere you wanted instead of trying plan an optimal route.

It's also a shame how much time you spend on the rooftops, thanks being able to travel there so effortlessly. The game looks really nice on the ground level but there's really no reason to walk around when you can just zoom past everything.

I prefer Infamous 2 as well, mostly because of the amount of lore they drop on you. Second Son feels very light on this, which is a shame because I'm terribly fascinated with conduits and their origins.

Nuke Soda

My biggest gripe with the game so far is the graffiti mechanic. I have never been a fan of motion controls so needless to say it isn't my most favorite thing in the game, but the end results are pretty. I'm playing the hero, but going with the evil graffiti, gotta have a character with some quirks. Other than that I am enjoying it.

Moosichu

Finished the game on good.
Cole is imo the most powerful conduit in the inFamous universe (he can use two powers simultaneously). Havent played the DLC yet but I still think he's alive. Infamous 3 with Cole set in Paris or London would be great sometime down the road.

Top Bottom