• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

ACESmkII

Wow! This game makes my PS4 go into full on afterburner with the fans.

Is that normal??

Install has been finished for a while now.

VanWinkle

Man! Got back home at midnight and played for 6 hours straight on expert. Haven't even gotten neon yet! I get so carried away chasing drones!

Impressions - amazing graphics, phenomenal voice acting and facial animations (betty was so good!), likable characters, fun gameplay. Expert is hard as hell for the first playthrough. Took a while to get used to the way he controls.

I actually had no issues with climbing at all. No idea what all the complaining was about.

The load times are unbelievably good. With my ssd, reloading after death is near instantaneous! The first load is lightning fast too! Felt like 30 seconds. Will time it properly today

The only gripes so far - judder and lod/pop-in issues at street level. I'm quite sensitive to judder and I can clearly see it in when I'm not in the thick of action and just panning the camera. There seems to be hardly any pop-in when you are high above buildings. Seems to be an issue only when you jog on a long street. It's probably expected in an open world game, but it detracts from an otherwise flawless presentation

Loving it. From what i've read, things only get better. Highly recommend this game!

Agree with ALL of this.

-PXG-

Does Chrome not like the Paper Trail site or is it just a total piece of shit. Buggy and 404s out the ass. Fix this shit.

You got it in one day? Wth of course you don't see yourself playing it again. You're burnt out.

I typically take 20-30 days to Platinum a game that I intend to do so with. That way I don't get burned out and never play it again. I ended up Platinuming Far Cry 3 in the first week because by the time I finished the story I only had like 3 trophies to finish so I rushed it and I haven't played it since.

Raxious

You got it in one day? Wth of course you don't see yourself playing it again. You're burnt out.

took me 2,5 days.

The thing is, I didn't think the story was amazing, so I wouldn't replay it again for that. Nor does the game have some kind of content to do after 100% the game.

maneil99

took me 2,5 days.

The thing is, I didn't think the story was amazing, so I wouldn't replay it again for that. Nor does the game have some kind of content to do after 100% the game.

Most games don't have content after you beat the game twice and do 100% of the things to do

Nexas

So I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I have to say I find the basic premise to be a little silly:
So Augustine tortures just about everyone in the tribe and leaves them all for dead, but doesn't even bother to cover any of it up? What does she expect to happen when word gets out about a bunch of dead Native Americans with concrete sticking out their legs? I get that DUP is supposed to be extremely powerful and can get away with a lot, but how do they expect to get away with murdering a bunch of historically oppressed minorities?

Sorian

Banned
So I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I have to say I find the basic premise to be a little silly:
So Augustine tortures just about everyone in the tribe and leaves them all for dead, but doesn't even bother to cover any of it up? What does she expect to happen when word gets out about a bunch of dead Native Americans with concrete sticking out their legs? I get that DUP is supposed to be extremely powerful and can get away with a lot, but how do they expect to get away with murdering a bunch of historically oppressed minorities?

Something something george zimmerman something?

Honestly, that part makes perfect sense to me.

Opening spoilers and it may be explained later, don't explain it to me if it is but:
why fuck everyone up and then not do more lasting damage to Delsin? It just seemed odd that, personally, I admitted I was a conduit and then she just tortured everyone and left me there to recover
It probably is explained later though I'd think.

Kuldar

One thing I always wondered, for a game called Infamous why are the good endings always canon so far?
Well for inFAMOUS the good and evil endings have the same outcome. So there isn't really one canon.

For inFAMOUS 2, Nate Fox said they wanted to choose the Evil ending. But since 70% of players choosed the Good ending, they decided to acknowledge it.
They just retcon the death of every conduits.

This is my first Infamous game, so maybe I'm just not getting something. But in the first district I'm missing the secret agent, hidden camera, audio log, and stencil arts. They aren't showing up on the map for me either. Is there any way to find them without just randomly running around and shooting at everything? The "district showdown" is locked for me also.

Those unlock after you complete the 1 mission after you get to seattle.

gsethi523

Neo Member
Keep clicking send it will eventually say location found, then the next part should be unlocked in game.

thanks, that got it working! and were you able to get the
drone in the next part to accept your password? every time i enter it, it just shows a few stars loading continuously and stays there.

Nexas

Something something george zimmerman something?

Honestly, that part makes perfect sense to me.

Opening spoilers and it may be explained later, don't explain it to me if it is but:
why fuck everyone up and then not do more lasting damage to Delsin? It just seemed odd that, personally, I admitted I was a conduit and then she just tortured everyone and left me there to recover
It probably is explained later though I'd think.

I guess, but even Zimmerman faced huge public outrage. Hell, that was the only reason a trial even happened in the first place.

The only theory I have for her actions at this point is
she somehow knew that Delsin was essentially Rogue, and this is all some sort of plot to turn him into some sort of super conduit. I hope that isn't the case as that would be a retread of inFamous 1.

Just beat it. There's a shockingly low amount of main missions, however most of them are decent length. I've never played 1 or 2 though so maybe that's just the norm.

Also endgame/power spoilers
It's a damn shame the concrete traversal is through hover and not the rock launch thing the DUP agents use.

leng jai

Dynamic range says hi. If you turn it up to 11 you lose the louder moments and end up doing what music has done with the loudness war. No thanks. There are even settings in there to reduce the dynamic range, take advantage of it.

The audio issues in this game have nothing to do with Sucker Punch going for dynamic range. If that what their intention they completely screwed it up in any case. The Last Of Us did it right and even had a sitting for dynamic range. If the dynamic range was done correctly then the super powers, explosions and gunshots would be mixed in much louder than everything else but they're not. They sound weak and lack oomph unless you turn the sound up to ridiculous volumes. In real life ambient sounds aren't that loud but they aren't virtually inaudible like in this game. By default the voices are mixed in far too high which is why I've manually changed them to 50% volume in the menus. People claiming that changing the speaker settings to bookshelf or home theatre completely alleviates the mixing issues are wrong.

Infamous games have a track record when it comes to poor audio (Infamous 2 had half of it's sound effects missing) but I don't remember that many people commenting on it compared to Second Son. Hopefully Sucker Punch take notice and respond with a patch or comment at least.

Sid

The powers (up to 2 so far) seem to lack the sense of heavy impact and lack speed like electricity did in the previous games,the game's fun but I hope this can be improved.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah ok... Evil is MUCH more fun to play.

Also, I'm almost back to where I was before I restarted. It's so much quicker once you already know how to play lol.

David___

Banned
BjXNWnTIAAAFdag.jpg
]

lmao at the jacket name

Artorias

Banned
I'm looking for Blast Shards and I'm a little confused. On the map it shows how many are left in each district, and its showing a tracker drone in an area on mine, but I can't find it. It's not showing on the map and I feel like i've searched this place pretty thoroughly.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm looking for Blast Shards and I'm a little confused. On the map it shows how many are left in each district, and its showing a tracker drone in an area on mine, but I can't find it. It's not showing on the map and I feel like i've searched this place pretty thoroughly.
Some are in under passes, check to see if you can get sub-ground level.

dreamfall

Six hours in, and loving it.

But there are problems, like every inFAMOUS game. Exploring Seattle is incredible but it's the game design that feels a bit cumbersome. The mission structure leads something to be desired, but it's the traversal that feels so inherently unique that it makes up for it. I also feel like enemy variety is a bit limited, but the chaos of crowd control is a ton of fun.

I'm busy clearing out districts just so that I have the freedom to casually explore without being under fire. I love the Smoke powers- and diving through vents feels utterly exhilarating. I'm playing evil as fuck, mainly because I don't like Delsin's characterization.

I'm having a blast, but I can understand the criticisms.

Top Bottom