• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

aro52

Not liking the difficulty curve. ...

I am getting my ass kicked in this game. ...

Yeah, I feel like I'm spending too much time running away to recover health in this, compared to past games. Evil powers better be super OP, otherwise an Expert difficulty run is gonna be a bitch and half!

Didn't the Day 1 patch notes say they INCREASED the difficulty? Maybe they over-corrected a bit...

Finished the game last night . Well,
that last boss fight was insanely frustrating, my moves did barely any damage even with that R1move and I kept getting trapped in her moves. Maybe I was doing it wrong? I did play it at 2 in the morning

Other than that, hats of to Sucker Punch. The game is leagues ahead of the previous infamous games. I honestly enjoyed almost every mission and the cut scenes ! Unlike the first two, they where actually watchable.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
anyone having a problem with
hidden camers not being displayed on the map? secret agent, stencil art, and audio logs
dont show up for me.

Frillen

I have some complaints:

- Why can't I use guns?
- Why can't I drive cars?

A friend of mine asked me these while I was playing. I gave him the death stare.

vpance

This game is not hard... Especially when they give you a ton of R1 rockets to clear out shit. When damaged, I just dash and dash away behind some cover.

DirtyLarry

Just to confirm with the first paper trail mission,
it is a marker that is in the game correct? What district of the map is it in if so?

Also in regards to the karma you earn on the site,
do you get an in game message indicating it has carried over from the website to the game?

The reason I ask the above is the first paper trail mission is listed for me as an option on the website itself, but for the life of me it does not seem active in my game itself. Nor does the karma I have already earned.

KORNdoggy

Not liking the difficulty curve. It seems I am either playing it wrong, or I am forced to spend way more time skulking on roof tops than in infamous 1 and 2.

The beginning could be pretty hard, until the heal-through-vent power, and heal incapacitate were unlocked. Then it became almost too easy, but now with 4 more districts to free, it keeps getting more annoying.

The enemies keep getting more tricks, and my arsenal isn't getting any bigger.

Really tempted to move it down to easy....

Also one recent boss fight is probably going to win my most hated boss fight of 2014 award. Interesting enough concept, but way too much hp.

Is it only me, or does it seem like the side mission quality took a turn for the worse? No more unique concepts like riding on a bus that gives you unlimited energy etc. Now it's only ubisoft-level checklist stuff...

Otherwise the game is pretty damn great. Excellent voice acting, graphics, awesome traversal etc.

Surprised anyone would have trouble tbh. I'm on expert, and i'm finding it too easy. Especially with neon's slow/ankle shots or smoke KO headshots. Even at the beginning it was easy compared to how underpowered you where in the first 2 games. 75% complete too so can't imagine much will change either. Loving it though. All the powers kick ass. Looking forward to the evil run through.

Kyoufu

Still, this is a far better game in just about every area.

I agree but I think judging the game on its own, the scores were fair. I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

I love the game and if they continue with the IP then I hope they revamp the sidequests/activities. They're Assassin's Creed level of shit.

I am talking about the one on roofs where you have to stand on top of them and launch

I don't think you can do that. You have to dash into them.

fedexpeon

Banned
I have some complaints:

- Why can't I use guns?
- Why can't I drive cars?

A friend of mine asked me these while I was playing. I gave him the death stare.

LOL...Guns.
Is this his first superhero game?
Seriously? Guns? Now if he says bow and arrows or bike gloves, I might give him a pass because guns are literally the most inferior object in a superhero genre.

Higher standards probably.

I don't buy it

I think that Second Son is scoring appropriately, I just like to rag on Assassin's Creed because it's super polished shit and everybody can't help but marvel at its sheen and shine, and the utter fucking stink of gaming's least precise most incredibly wonky control scheme, and mission design that makes infamous side missions look positively inspired by comparison, it all just wafts away unnoticed. It's the reason I'm salty that only now do I hear about people being wary that maybe Watch Dogs might be Ubisoft-style collectable padded repetitive jank. A sentiment that jumped like 50 fold in how often I see it after people found out that the game lacks where it really matters... you know, ultimate gawk caliber. Fuck the premise! Meanwhile Unity gets hype on visuals when it's practically guaranteed jank without some back-to-drawing-board type shit going on in regards to its game design... and I'm just like fuck

I liked the first 2 infamous games a lot, but so far I LOVE this game. Taking each district down to 0% capture doesn't seem like a burden, it's actually quite fun. I love the new powers! Just the basic movement in this game is so much more fun than the first two. Going through vents and jumping roof too to roof too is great. And this game looks amazing, I'm in awe at these graphics.

HT UK

Really enjoying this so far. Have cleared the DUP from the top half of the map, and it looks like the story is about to progress downtown.

Only things I dislike so far are the climbing up buildings, which often doesn't work as you'd expect. But at least
neon lets you run up walls
. And some of the combat sections seem way too hard at times, a lot of hiding to regenerate. This seemed to happen more early on though, so maybe I've just got better or Delsen is more powerful :p

Sorian

Banned
I liked the first 2 infamous games a lot, but so far I LOVE this game. Taking each district down to 0% capture doesn't seem like a burden, it's actually quite fun. I love the new powers! Just the basic movement in this game is so much more fun than the first two. Going through vents and jumping roof too to roof too is great. And this game looks amazing, I'm in awe at these graphics.

Sometimes I have to laugh though. "Hmm, the DUP still control 2% of this neughborhood, how can I kick them out for good?" *spray paints a kid holding a balloon* "Perfect"

So definitely enjoying this a ton; neon's a blast and smoke's not too far behind. I am curious as to how far I am in the game, though. I just
beat up Augustine's concrete monster on the bridge, and just got to the second island.

Kyoufu

I like that normal difficulty is actually quite challenging. You can't just run into a mob and wipe them all out with a few button presses.

I beg to differ.

Dash -> Karma Bomb

RIP in peace, DUP scum.

So definitely enjoying this a ton; neon's a blast and smoke's not too far behind. I am curious as to how far I am in the game, though. I just
beat up Augustine's concrete monster on the bridge, and just got to the second island.

50% ish. It says on your save file.

DirtyLarry

Sometimes I have to laugh though. "Hmm, the DUP still control 2% of this neughborhood, how can I kick them out for good?" *spray paints a kid holding a balloon* "Perfect"
I am sure you know this but just in case you do not, it represents not the act of the spray painting but the symbolism of the art to inspire people to stand up to the man. Whether that happens in reality is a philosophical debate and not a video game one, however Delsin expresses literally in the first couple of minutes of the game he feels art is more than just something to look at.

I don't see why not? It would be crazy but there are things that suggest we might get it as a power.

For example, when you shoot newspaper dispensers, garbage cans, trash cans etc. they shoot out an enormous amount of paper. I definitely think it is a possibly that we will get paper powers and you would drain the paper from these sources.

They better give us paper powers after going through all this shit with the website lol.

Sorian

Banned
I am sure you know this but just in case you do not, it represents not the act of the spray painting but the symbolism of the art to inspire people to stand up to the man. Whether that happens in reality is a philosophical debate and not a video game one, however Delsin expresses literally in the first couple of minutes of the game he feels art is more than just something to look at.

Really though, it's just a cute video game mechanic that can look silly if done in a certain order causing it to be the defining moment that clears the DUP from a district.

I don't see why not? It would be crazy but there are things that suggest we might get it as a power.

For example, when you shoot newspaper dispensers, garbage cans, trash cans etc. they shoot out an enormous amount of paper. I definitely think it is a possibly that we will get paper powers and you would drain the paper from these sources.

They better give us paper powers after going through all this shit with the website lol.

Wouldn't hurt to have another power, plus shooting people to death with deadly paper airplanes would be amazing.

Apparently it's "not next-gen enough." Which is strange, because I haven't seen that complaint used against any other game released on either the PS4 or Xbone so far.

Solid frame-rate, almost no loading screens at all and the ones that are there are less than 5 seconds, amazing graphics especially for an open world game. That's as next gen as you're going to get at this point. Oh well.

Edit: Ach, sorry for the double post.

Frillen

Ah! I thought he meant a power he would get throughout the main story.

I agree, it's probably going to ba a DLC power :).

I imagine we'll get a re-skinned neon dash
like you see in the first Paper Trail mission
and a glide ability on a big paper airplane. Not sure what else they'll do with it, but I would certainly hope that they'll give you the ability at the end of all this.

I just beat the game with good karma. Not sure why some people didn't like it, I thought it was pretty good ending. It was expected, but I liked it.

Also, I wish concrete had a karma bomb. It would have been so cool.

I'm team Neon. Love that power.

leng jai

I'm thankful that they used the touch screen for L1/R1 in remote play but it's still not ideal since you can't aim at the same time as using them. Not having L2/R2 on the Vita was such a blunder in terms of remote play.

I just beat the game with good karma. Not sure why some people didn't like it, I thought it was pretty good ending. It was expected, but I liked it.

Also, I wish concrete had a karma bomb. It would have been so cool.

I'm team Neon. Love that power.

I'm playing through evil now and good neon is WAY better than evil neon. Dat slowmo.

Top Bottom