• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I'm looking for Blast Shards and I'm a little confused. On the map it shows how many are left in each district, and its showing a tracker drone in an area on mine, but I can't find it. It's not showing on the map and I feel like i've searched this place pretty thoroughly.

is it in a checkpoint? you have to smash the scanners

HORRORSHØW

Six hours in, and loving it.

But there are problems, like every inFAMOUS game. Exploring Seattle is incredible but it's the game design that feels a bit cumbersome. The mission structure leads something to be desired, but it's the traversal that feels so inherently unique that it makes up for it. I also feel like enemy variety is a bit limited, but the chaos of crowd control is a ton of fun.

I'm busy clearing out districts just so that I have the freedom to casually explore without being under fire. I love the Smoke powers- and diving through vents feels utterly exhilarating. I'm playing evil as fuck, mainly because I don't like Delsin's characterization.

I'm having a blast, but I can understand the criticisms.
nail on head.

I'm looking for Blast Shards and I'm a little confused. On the map it shows how many are left in each district, and its showing a tracker drone in an area on mine, but I can't find it. It's not showing on the map and I feel like i've searched this place pretty thoroughly.

Blast Shards only appear on the map when you clear out the DUP bases in the area.

StuBurns

Banned
I'l look but shouldn't it show up on the map still? The other one I got under a ramp was still shown on the map and mini map.
There was one I didn't notice for a while because it was on the map, but it was over the water, and quite a bit away from the land.

Also, I've only ever beaten one Secret Agent and that was with a lucky missle strike. I'm hoping to have better luck with Neon, as I'm still only on smoke.

Boring game design is a prerequisite!

Good defense.

Except it's actually pretty fun?

Also, I've only ever beaten one Secret Agent and that was with a lucky missle strike. I'm hoping to have better luck with Neon, as I'm still only on smoke.

I remember chasing a Secret Agent across the entire city. Then he fell into water and died.

You literally have to keep them in the corner of your camera, then quickly snipe them off.

One thing I always wondered, for a game called Infamous why are the good endings always canon so far?

The three games have a lot of anti establishment themes (even thought Sucker Punch works with a mega corp... Etc) that the logic probably is that Infamous comes from the protagonists always starting as being labeled as evil doers regardless of their initial actions. In two games , the media is always painting and spinning the heroes actions as criminal driven. In the second game, Cole was blamed for the destruction of Empire City.

Except it's actually pretty fun?

I remember chasing a Secret Agent across the entire city. Then he fell into water and died.

You literally have to keep them in the corner of your camera, then quickly snipe them off.
Keep them in the corner of your camera? I'm playing a 'hero' playthrough and I'd try to headshot him early if I wasn't worried I was blasting a citizen. By the time I'm certain I know who it is, he's seen me and taken off - and I can't catch him with smoke-amotion.

Artorias

Banned
I found the tracker drone, the blip on the map was completely obscured by a mission icon. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Really fun game. I beat it last night but I'll probably start an evil game today.

Anyone having trouble with the 170 meter comet drop trophy? I can't seem to find a tall enough building.

Use the building that you climb at the end of the game. Make your way to the top with your smoke powers like you did for the story and then use the video power to dash up the final wall.

To get the trophy you have to dash into the satellite that is at the top and dash two times so you are above street level and not the concrete.

Then just comet drop. It's important that you don't just jump off the top and comet drop, but that you first dash into the satellite and dash twice before you do it.

Sorian

Banned
Keep them in the corner of your camera? I'm playing a 'hero' playthrough and I'd try to headshot him early if I wasn't worried I was blasting a citizen. By the time I'm certain I know who it is, he's seen me and taken off - and I can't catch him with smoke-amotion.

Just blast the citizen, the negligible amount of bad points isn't worth the headache of chasing these assholes around. If you do get in a chase, just use your dash when they use theirs and in between dashes get off as many pot shots as you can.

David___

Banned
BjXT575IQAEYnrU.jpg

Dat Infamous 2 reference.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finally picked up my copy and got the chance to play last night. My jaw is on the floor with these visuals. I thought Sucker Punch did a killer job with Cole's face in Infamous 2, but this is on a whole other level. I'm just in awe at the wrinkles and furrowing happening during conversations. Really makes me excited at the thought of new gen fighting games where we might see contracting muscles on fighters.

Environments are clean and beautiful, there's nothing to knock visually at all. I've never seen anything this impressive. My only knock so far is that scaling buildings isn't quite as smooth as in previous games, but I guess that's a temporary thing as I'll gain the ability to just flow up them in a new form. I also recall being able to click L3 and having the environment light up all of my power sources. That seems to have been removed.

Will play some more tonight, hopefully I won't be as tired as I was last night.

HORRORSHØW

is there a trophy for collecting all blast shards? i shot down one of the drones and the shard went through the street and disappeared.

Hixx

Grimløck;105417215 said:
is there a trophy for collecting all blast shards? i shot down one of the drones and the shard went through the street and disappeared.

There is.

Reload a save and hope for the best?

Kyoufu

One thing I always wondered, for a game called Infamous why are the good endings always canon so far?

Just finished the story line and I must say I had a blast playing through it but I did expected something more out of the story. The powers are great and i'm now going for the 100% before starting my evil playthrough.

Sadly the Evil ending of I2 was planned to be canon going into this game but they saw trophy data and changed their minds.

I like that they changed the characters but I don't like that they catered to Good route players. :(

BjXT575IQAEYnrU.jpg

Dat Infamous 2 reference.

WHY IS YOUR SCREENSHOT SO SMALL

K' Dash

Okay, I just did a Paper Trail Mission, the game tells me to go to some URL and it is down, is it required that I sync the game with the site?

Torraz

Not liking the difficulty curve. It seems I am either playing it wrong, or I am forced to spend way more time skulking on roof tops than in infamous 1 and 2.

The beginning could be pretty hard, until the heal-through-vent power, and heal incapacitate were unlocked. Then it became almost too easy, but now with 4 more districts to free, it keeps getting more annoying.

The enemies keep getting more tricks, and my arsenal isn't getting any bigger.

Really tempted to move it down to easy....

Also one recent boss fight is probably going to win my most hated boss fight of 2014 award. Interesting enough concept, but way too much hp.

Is it only me, or does it seem like the side mission quality took a turn for the worse? No more unique concepts like riding on a bus that gives you unlimited energy etc. Now it's only ubisoft-level checklist stuff...

Otherwise the game is pretty damn great. Excellent voice acting, graphics, awesome traversal etc.

Okay, I just did a Paper Trail Mission, the game tells me to go to some URL and it is down, is it required that I sync the game with the site?

yeah its required....ive only seen a few people say they are able to get through to the website. I would recommend just waiting until its fixed. This is torture refreshing the pages over and over

beast786

yes, keep trying the site, it took me one billion tries and then on my one billion and one it finally got linked.

OsirisBlack

Banned

I cannot connect to that site either they must be getting hammered. ..... I just completed the game as a hero getting ready to do villain.

I am getting my ass kicked in this game.

Neon has made things better though, still don't know how to destroy those turret carrying D.U.P. muscle heads.

Also...I FUCKING HATE TURRETS.

Kyoufu

I am getting my ass kicked in this game.

Neon has made things better though, still don't know how to destroy those turret carrying D.U.P. muscle heads.

Also...I FUCKING HATE TURRETS.

Damage them enough until they're encased in concrete trying to recover. Then go behind them and press Triangle or Square depending on your karma.

Top Bottom