• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Frillen

I just beat the game with good karma. Not sure why some people didn't like it, I thought it was pretty good ending. It was expected, but I liked it.

Also, I wish concrete had a karma bomb. It would have been so cool.

I'm team Neon. Love that power.

Neon and video are the best ones. I feel Concrete was a bit rushed. It came right at the end of the game and the traversal is a pain in the ass.

Really enjoying this so far. Have cleared the DUP from the top half of the map, and it looks like the story is about to progress downtown.

Only things I dislike so far are the climbing up buildings, which often doesn't work as you'd expect. But at least
neon lets you run up walls
. And some of the combat sections seem way too hard at times, a lot of hiding to regenerate. This seemed to happen more early on though, so maybe I've just got better or Delsen is more powerful :p

Healing vents and healing subdue are two perks worth investing in, IMHO. I'm playing on normal and at first it was harder, but if you keep vents in mind and know the territory, you can dash away to safety, heal and wreak death from above again in one swooping motion.

GeoramA

Thinking about switching to expert on my heroic playthough. I'm plowing through the game pretty easily on normal, having a ton of fun though. Was saving expert for my evil run...hmmm.

jaypah

Fuck yes, FINALLY tracked down a copy. Got it installed and updated. Got a fresh 12 pack of Miller High Life on deck. About to take a quick shower, hop in my jammies, crack a brew and become a super hero. Or villain. So amped!

I'm playing through evil now and good neon is WAY better than evil neon. Dat slowmo.

Damnit! I was hoping to play as evil because being good sounds like you have to be more careful and I don't wannna be careful. But I also don't want sucky neon powers. Hmmm...

Fuck yes, FINALLY tracked down a copy. Got it installed and updated. Got a fresh 12 pack of Miller High Life on deck. About to take a quick shower, hop in my jammies, crack a brew and become a super hero. Or villain. So amped!

I've realized I can't even turn on the PS4 before I go to the gym or going to the gym won't happen tonight…..the only reason I stopped playing this morning was that I was just too damned tired.

jaypah

I've realized I can't even turn on the PS4 before I go to the gym or going to the gym won't happen tonight…..the only reason I stopped playing this morning was that I was just too damned tired.

Y'all were driving me crazy with this thread. Yesterday I couldn't find a copy and today I found one but I had to work. Just got home and don't have to be to work until Monday night. It's about to go down!

woen

Question about the final boss

Eugene sent me the two new tricks (dash+R2 attack). Now I must avoid the Scorpion attacks and keep spamming R2 until when ?

Hixx

Eugene sent me the two new tricks (dash+R2 attack). Now I must avoid the Scorpion attacks and keep spamming R2 until when ?

It tended to be when I ran out of power that he'd throw new cores down.

vypek

Just got the third power. Like people were mentioning and I was afraid of, I hated the
angel (he who dwells)
boss fight. Felt poorly executed. Besides feeling incredibly out of place. They made some choices for the fight that seem weird/stupid and almost deter me from playing again on evil and expert. Overall, I still enjoy the game but that fight definitely brought down my enjoyment a little.

He will sent you one final Blast Core containing an R1 Rocket attack. Afterwards it is just defeating Augustine a final time.

The Lamp

The first boss fight. Holy shit
I felt like I was actually watching some sort of superhero movie in theaters. Never have I felt so powerful in a game

I LOVE YOU SUCKER PUNCH

Just get better at making open-world missions creative and more super and less mundane and we will have the perfect superhuman video game.

molnizzle

Thinking about switching to expert on my heroic playthough. I'm plowing through the game pretty easily on normal, having a ton of fun though. Was saving expert for my evil run...hmmm.

If you switch now you won't get the trophy, FYI. You have to set your game to Expert immediately after you take control of Delsin at the start of the game to get the trophy. If you make any progress at all before switching the difficulty then you won't be eligible.

woen

until you get another (R1) at 75%.

Until a minute or so as long as you spam the R2 and hit her.

It tended to be when I ran out of power that he'd throw new cores down.

He will sent you one final Blast Core containing an R1 Rocket attack. Afterwards it is just defeating Augustine a final time.

Thaaaanks.
Her health wouldn't go down... The room is too small though, she take 1/3 of it and block me (which is a death sentence)
Can I reload my R1 power ?

Thaaaanks.
Her health wouldn't go down... The room is too small though, she take 1/3 of it and block me (which is a death sentence)
Can I reload my R1 power ?

After Eugene sends you the final Blast Core your power meter will automatically regenerate as will the R1 missiles. Also, try to keep her back against the big TVs, you can hide from her concrete missiles on the left side of the room (facing the TVs) and wait them out.

Apparently it's "not next-gen enough." Which is strange, because I haven't seen that complaint used against any other game released on either the PS4 or Xbone so far.

serious post? That's been the criticism of basically every released game so far. I understand it a bit too, ISS seems great so far, but it very much seems like the prior entries with gorgeous new graphics. I think a lot of people were expecting more from next gen. What should be taken into account though is this is always the way the initial part of the gen goes - NOT DIFFERENT ENOUGH, they yell. It's only a year in when you start getting the new shit

Just unlocked 2 districks and i got some stuff to change my look but where must i do that ? i press "options" and i don't have an option to change my appearance . should i keep doing story missions ?

Sorian

Banned
For some reason, cops still shoot at me even though I'm Paragon level good, and help them with defeating bad guys.

You probably hit one of them by accident in that area. Even if they get caught in a smoke grenade, that is enough for them to call you a threat too.

murgo

Just unlocked 2 districks and i got some stuff to change my look but where must i do that ? i press "options" and i don't have an option to change my appearance . should i keep doing story missions ?

Press options and go to the menu about Delsin's known associates, names etc.. press left or right there to switch jackets.

Lyonaz

Well I just finished the game on True Hero path and did all the quests except that damn Papertrail one, stupid website. Also collected everything and had so much fun, I pretty much finished the game in two sittings. I loved all the powers, some great stuff and my god did the game look awesome, the lighting is amazing.

Will run through it again on expert following the Evil path and do the rest of the trophies too, but that can wait after I play more MGSV:GZ.

vypek

Options, then go to the Delsin page using R2 or L2 I believe (not the map page and not the powers page). From there use d-pad to change appearance (if you have something to change to)

My very first choice was the evil path. After seeing the consequences, I switched to good. Didn't achieve full hero status but did get up to level 4.

Game is finished. Once you have all the powers, the game is so much fun. The first few hours are one of the worst I've ever seen in any game. The last few hours were the best for the game.

Time to see how the evil side is.

Tried infamous 1 & 2 and couldn't get into it. Controls felt kinda wonky and combat was a chore.

A few hours into SS and I'm already feeling like it's a huge leap over the first two as far as how it feels.

The facial animations are super impressive to me too. Graphics are excellent overall and aside from some stutter early in it performs well. Combat feels good and I love the use of the DS4. The voice acting is really good. It's like it's a movie while most other games are sci-fi channel quality lol.

I'm at my wife's roller derby game right now so I can't play, but I'm crazy itching to go home and play more. I hope she'll pick it up after me for an evil run.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any hints on how to find hidden cameras/agents?

KAL2006

Banned
Can someone who finished Cole's Legacy spoil everything for me storywise, I didn't get the limited edition, only getting the inFamous PS4 bundle which doesn't come with Cole's Legacy.

Kyoufu

So here's my favourite thing. Spoiler for a boss late in the game:

Delsin's Orbital Drop face is usually smug and he thinks he's hot shit as he's crashing down with both fists but when some shit happens and he's super pissed off against Augustine his face during Orbital Drop looks MENACING and he crashes down with a Superman pose for extra damage. It's a small thing but it really added to that intense fight on an emotional level.

Just beat the game on good Karma...

Don't think I liked the ending as much as I did as the previous two games, but it was alright.

Took me about 12 hours to beat and completed everything. I liked Augustine quite a bit too, but not as cool as Kessler of course. :p

I'd say the scores/reviews for this game are fair. Wasn't really expecting super high scores, as the Infamous games was always sort of a "BBB" series for me. Enjoyed them all.

i got through to paper trail and have the wallet and signal tracker open...there is one security question that I cant answer though, and it is making me not able to progress. I havent seen anyone with this question so dont know what the answer is. If anyone has gotten the question Where do you Park...could u please give me the answer. The answer is right there in the wallet, but no matter how I write it, it says its wrong

Edit: nvm, its asking the literal name of the location, not parking space

It's beautiful. At certain times of the day the lighting will melt your face. The detail, animation, draw distance... haven't been this impressed in a long time. It is a pure spectacle in a way I've seen in very few games, and never in an open world game.

Just got the third power, so glad I didn't get spoiled on that twist.

I love running through areas I know in real life. On small scales it is often very accurate, but generally the overall layout and skyline is totally different.

First infamous game, and I'm loving it.

Yeah, if SP decides to make another Infamous game, they definitely need to revamp their sidequests and make the mission structure more interesting. Seattle is a beautiful city and fun to traverse with the powers, but there isn't much to do.

I don't see why people have trouble with these. You can either find them quick enough and shoot them before they run, or just shoot them down if they start running.

Easiest way is to just find them from a distance so they don't see you (they're pretty obvious since they act a certain way) and just shoot a missile at them.

McLovin

So here's my favourite thing. Spoiler for a boss late in the game:

Delsin's Orbital Drop face is usually smug and he thinks he's hot shit as he's crashing down with both fists but when some shit happens and he's super pissed off against Augustine his face during Orbital Drop looks MENACING and he crashes down with a Superman pose for extra damage. It's a small thing but it really added to that intense fight on an emotional level.
Agreed those little touches were great. Also That scene right before made me teary eyed. It was the look on his face that did it for me.

Top Bottom