• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Protip: Do that trophy on a group of unsuspecting drug dealers or police (basically any enemy other than the DUP since they move around much more.)

I think my main problem is having trouble with dashing into the 2nd air vent before I hit the ground.

So here's my favourite thing. Spoiler for a boss late in the game:

Delsin's Orbital Drop face is usually smug and he thinks he's hot shit as he's crashing down with both fists but when some shit happens and he's super pissed off against Augustine his face during Orbital Drop looks MENACING and he crashes down with a Superman pose for extra damage. It's a small thing but it really added to that intense fight on an emotional level.

I said the same thing when I saw it. I loved that added touch.

Also, during the spray painting, the spray paint is actually wet before it dries in. I found it out going for 100% and it was funny seeing myself in awe over it.

Infamous Paper Trail website is not up yet. :\

How do you change jackets? Doesn't anyone else find it strange this game doesn't have A proper start screen?

Go to your psych profile and press X. Use the directional buttons to select a jacket.

Yeah, I don't think you're supposed to capture them or anything, lol.

Ok, so apparently you can't start off on the ground for the double vent thing.

God. Dammit. I thought you had to run them off the map or something, because that's what happened with my first two.

So I seem to have piled through the game without realising it, finished it an hour ago on the Good side, and the final missions crept up on me before I realised what was happening (usually I like to 100% side content before I finish the story). I can see the issue some reviewers were saying that there's a lack of side content, even though theres a decent amount of collectables, there's not much to draw you in other than the main story and it makes it feel a lot shorter than either 1 or 2 or any other open-world game I've played. Hopefully Papertrail and any future DLC will beef the game up with extra story as I love the city.

Still, I'm still loving the game so going to 100% the good side then make a start on Evil Expert.

How do you change jackets? Doesn't anyone else find it strange this game doesn't have A proper start screen?

Options, switch to the Delsin info screen and press X, then left/right on the d-pad and it will change the jacket in the middle

StuBurns

Banned
I've cleared out the map, save for one blast shard thing, and it's between the district boarders.

Can anyone confirm it's only available after a certain point in the story, or am I just failing to see it?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I don't see why people have trouble with these. You can either find them quick enough and shoot them before they run, or just shoot them down if they start running.

Ive done 4 now and besides the very firat one where I got too close and she ran ive found the agent fron a distance and headshot destroyed them before they ever started running "whos hunting who?!" ...waaaay faster ;-)

Spent all night with delsin till 6 in the morning. What a fantastic experience. Put a crazy rainy screenshot on my facebook and even people I havent talked to in almost a year were like "damn son...."

Codiox

I've cleared out the map, save for one blast shard thing, and it's between the district boarders.

Can anyone confirm it's only available after a certain point in the story, or am I just failing to see it?

Yep, you will get it at the last mission

Another question: how can i get the trophy where i have to fall 150m down ? Whats the biggest building you can jump of in the game?

Finished it earlier today. About 14 hours without doing a ton of side stuff.

Overall good, definitely a lot more focused than inFamous 2. Felt like the endgame
just sort of happened without a whole lot of appropriate build-up, but if they wanted to do another Delsin game, that window is open.
But overall, the story is way better, if only because Delsin is fun.

Would have liked one more arc before the end. Also, I am still baffled by them taking out shoulder-switching.

I died quite a few times, I imagine Expert mode will be a bitch. Going to 100% Hero side, then I'll do expert Evil.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Is Seattle really this nice looking? Al I've ever heard from people is how shitty the weather is.

But if it is this nice looking...

tumblr_m8vvjz0QA11qzqdem.gif

Finished about 1 hour ago, 100% and I'M A FUCKING
ROLLING STONE! LIKE LITERALLY
, and the game even has more missions after you beat it! AWESOME SAUCEEEEEE!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Beat it. My verdict is that it's a good game! Very solid and slightly above it's predecessors (in terms of pacing and traversal powers). Sadly it takes a step back in regards to its predecessor as enemies aren't as varied as infamous 2, however that's easily overlook. There's a plethora of powers and skill trees to access and it's a fun game which is all that really matters! I enjoyed it and I'd give it an 8/10 if that's of any importance lol.

Daddy GAF this game works great over remote play. That said it is so beautiful it almost demands to be played on as big a screen as possible. It is stunning on my 100" screen with 1080p projector. The iq is sick. And the game is really fun. My first infamous and I really like it. SP has a new fan.

The combat started really clicking for me, mind you I've only got smoke and neon.

I've been interchanging between both during battles, running, dashing up vent, slowing down time all pretty much seamlessly. Shit is glorious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Request for next Infamous:

I know you like the city on lockdown aesthetic, but you've done it three times now. I'd like a more lively city instead of shops locked up and people screaming all the time. Let them live their happy lives... so I may wreck it better.

S¡mon;105420455 said:
I didn't like the first inFAMOUS. Didn't play the second one, but I'm really liking Second Son! :)
Everything's been refined. The wall-clinging is gone, locomotion is better, powers are better, and the missions are better. Cutscenes approach ND quality (although I'm not a ND fan, they're cinematics are pretty awesome).

Pop

Finished about 1 hour ago, 100% and I'M A FUCKING
ROLLING STONE! LIKE LITERALLY
, and the game even has more missions after you beat it! AWESOME SAUCEEEEEE!

I just completed my good playthrough. I got all the trophies needed and now just need to run Evil on expert next to get the platinum. Wow what a fucking game. I enjoyed it. Delsin is a great character imo, he has that confidence about him that I find great. His humor gave me a few chuckles throughout. Overall, all the characters were good, the powers are just awesome. 9/10 from me. Looking forward to DLC.

How about them
D.U.P. raid alerts?
I wasn't expecting them.

I'd like to see more stealth in the next inFAMOUS. Some of the most satisfaction I get is walking up to unsuspecting DUP troops and incapacitating them immediately without alerting other troops in the area.

Theman2k

One of the Neon Abilities is to zoom in and slow down. You can upgrade it to last about three seconds.
It slows down time ? Really ?
I thought it just shows enemy weak spots... I upgraded everything to the max and Didn't notice that. :/

Edit: yep i played evil, happy to know i'm not dumb :)

PBY

Banned
First infamous game. Loved the intro. Hatttteeed the first mission, was super disappointed after how hyped I was. Biggest problem was getting shot at from all corners of the map with pinpoint accuracy. More I play it tho , it's getting better. Graphics are insane. Gonna probly love it after more upgrades/getting better.

Top Bottom