• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

kurbaan

Banned
So got the 3rd power its pretty cool but man the more I play the more i dread combat. That last "boss" was just frustrating (not hard) just really annoying battle.

I also really wish they had actually improved the good even beyond what they had in Infamous 1. Or they should just remove it all together and let you choose hero / villain from the start . Its like if I'm playing good there is no reason why I would ever make any decisions that are not good unless I want to screw my self over in the game. It harms you to do that. I basically find myself always just choosing the same option each time. And for example with the enemies i'm only ever going to subdue them unless some guy tries to surrender mid attack and dies (which is super annoying btw) so it should just let you pick at the start HERO / INFAMOUS and then just automatically go down that path all the way.

I'm so disappointed how much of disgrace Cole's Legacy was.

I didn't even wear the jacket because it just looks weird on Delsin.

My favorite jacket by far is Fossilized.

Soooo I think two of the tracker drones in pioneer square are invisible. They show up moving around on the map but even when they're right on top of me I can't find them.

If it seems invisible it is most likely underground, search around for any openings that lead downwards. Happened to me before.

Just finished up and man was it good. I honestly thought I was gonna loose interest in the game partway through like Infamous 1 and 2. Now I'm off to collect the rest of the shards. Out of all the powers neon has been my favorite.

Even though for me
the story (especially for evil) wasn't great and side characters could have been explored more; they sheer amount of fun I had with the gameplay makes up for all of that, favorite power is video once you get hover.

Just started a second playthrough and noticed I can't figure out how to skip the story cutscenes this time so I shut it off. Is it not possible to skip them? I can't take them a 2nd time. =[

Grisby

Is the paper trail busted? It said it failed to connect or whatever. Does that mean I have to start it all over?

The tone was pretty cool and the new 'power' you see is totally rad.

David___

Banned
Soooo I think two of the tracker drones in pioneer square are invisible. They show up moving around on the map but even when they're right on top of me I can't find them.

If that is the place I'm thinking about then they should be under you.

mishakoz

Even
though for me the story (especially for evil) wasn't great and side characters could have been explored more; they sheer amount of fun I had with the gameplay makes up for all of that, favorite power is video once you get hover.

Your spoilers are showing, junior. Cover them up.

Even though for me the story (especially for evil) wasn't great and side characters could have been explored more; they sheer amount of fun I had with the gameplay makes up for all of that, favorite power is
video
once you get hover.

You should put a tag on that. Not everybody knows of that power yet. That was by far my favorite though. Really cool.
Concrete was a waste really. it wasn't even fun, feels underpowered and I wanted to do that cool jump thing the enemies do

Pop

So I just completed my Evil expert playthrough to get the platinum trophy. Evil ending imo, is easily the best ending.

Great game. Now just need to do the paper trails.

Can someone tell me how far I am? Been playing for a few hours and have
powers.

Just beat Augustine for the first time

Thought it was over because people say it ends kinda abruptly.

You know this how? There is plenty of time before any combat , why do they care if you touch the stick or not?

Not personal experience, checked a trophy hunting website which said you need to click expert before ever moving Delsin or you have to restart.

powers.

You have, like, two missions left, including the final one.

Certinty

Must have played over 10 hours so far and haven't even unlocked neon yet.

Also thanks to those recommending to turn your TV volume higher than usual, makes a huge difference when it comes to how alive the city is.

powers.

In case you want to know exactly when you hit the last mission I believe it's called
quid pro quo

cdkee

Banned
Question about the end of the game:

Is it possible to change the time of day? On my hero run it's sunny forever. I just finished my evil run and it's sundown. Is there a way to change it?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Several hours into this thing and I am NEVER going to get tired of the neon lights.

So. Fucking. Beautiful.

As far as neon lighting in games is concerned, every game from here on out has to live up to a ridiculous standard after this shit.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I wonder to what extent it was retailers telling Sony they need any kind of pre-order bonus and Sucker Punch whipping this up real quick.

It's literally an audio play set to ambushes.

Yeah, it is a complete afterthought.

Paper Trail is much better. But the slow-drip on that is going to wear thin.

Kyoufu

That's what the trophy guide website says.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard. Even dumber than not having a difficulty select before starting the game.

I mean, it's already debunked by people here who missed out on their trophy even though they had set it to Expert way before the final boss.

Cess007

That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard. Even dumber than not having a difficulty select before starting the game.

I mean, it's already debunked by people here who missed out on their trophy even though they had set it to Expert way before the final boss.

I agree how dumb is to not have a "Select Difficult" screen before starting. I didn't know i was playing in normal until a couple of hours into my fist playthrough :(

What do you get by doing the Paper Trail activity

Its a metagame with more missions with a side story. The side story is actually really good and it requires some brains to complete. You collect evidence that you will need to examine on the computer at infamouspapertrail.com. I loved part 1 and can't wait for others. Try it. It's way better than the cole's legacy dlc.

Why are people so bad at the boss fights?

Maybe it's because I play Dark Souls but these boss fights aren't hard in the slightest...they're "rinse-and-repeat" for each one. They're tedious if anything at times, but at least it's pretty to watch Delsin kick their asses.
I think we've been pampered, as gamers, by 'guns blazing' bosses and 'press X for awesome' QTEs.

Top Bottom