• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This is for people who have completed it.
Do you think the video invisibility power to subdue is OP, given that it only takes a few to get the epic special attack?

It doesn't work for every enemy, and by the time you do get it the game is sorta over.

Concrete is lame, i wish you could absorb the road or rubble

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This is for people who have completed it.
Do you think the video invisibility power to subdue is OP, given that it only takes a few to get the epic special attack?

Maybe, but it's a little boring to use that strategy over and over again, so I don't use it often anyways.

I've only played for a few hours, but damn the pacing in this game is unexpectedly brisk. It feels like you are always getting new things, the character is great to listen to in cutscenes, and this just makes doing side objectives like silencing protesters enjoyable instead of tedious. I was a fan of the first two, but I'm liking this one quite a bit more and haven't even really jumped in to it yet. Didn't expect that to happen.

Also, I really love the look of this game at night. It's just so much more appealing than the day sections I've encountered. Lots of vibrancy and color contrasting.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm actually annoyed I didn't do more quests before the end. I didn't think it would end so quickly :/ I very rarely replay games.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They really ought to give the player the ability to choose the time of day/weather in the game once you've beaten it, like you can in the last two Assassin's Creeds. Not independent of each other or anything, but from the ones you go through in the game. Sunny noon is pretty, but I want to check out night or a rainy afternoon sometimes too.

Pollux

I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but how do I see the secret agents, hidden camera, spray paint spots, etc.? I just got to Seattle, and have cleared Queen Anne and the area immediately to the right of Queen Anne of DUP. In Queen Anne the DUP is down to 40%, but there's nothing else showing up on the map. No icons, nothing. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to get it down to zero.

Any advice?

I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but how do I see the secret agents, hidden camera, spray paint spots, etc.? I just got to Seattle, and have cleared Queen Anne and the area immediately to the right of Queen Anne of DUP. In Queen Anne the DUP is down to 40%, but there's nothing else showing up on the map. No icons, nothing. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to get it down to zero.

Any advice?

Outside of the picture provided there's no hint or special way of seeing the agents you just carefully look for the person in the picture, within the search radius, and fire a cinder bomb or neon laser thing at them.

Any advice?

Do the next story mission, they will open up for you.

Dragon

Banned

Any advice?

Sometimes it requires a story mission first.

David___

Banned

Any advice?

You have to take out the Mobile Command centers. After that the game will tell you where the side missions/blast cores are in the district.

Pollux

Outside of the picture provided there's no hint or special way of seeing the agents you just carefully look for the person in the picture, within the search radius, and fire a cinder bomb or neon laser thing at them.
I don't even think I've been given a picture or anything.
Do the next story mission, they will open up for you.
Ok, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Going to play some FFX and get to bed.

e: Thanks for all the responses y'all.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Holy shit at the evil ending.

My whole evil playthrough I was a little irked by how consistent the interactions with characters remained compared with the good playthrough, like Reggie remaining proud of you. But holy shit at Betty eating the dust along with the tribe.

Besides the walking dead, which you out get a platinum just for beating it, this is my first platinum too.

VanWinkle

I'm loving neon but I miss smoke. Wish I could switch over to it. Do I have to advance more into the story to do so? Whenever I try to absorb smoke he acts like he got burnt and says something like "What!? I lost smoke!?!"

Dragon

Banned
I'm loving neon but I miss smoke. Wish I could switch over to it. Do I have to advance more into the story to do so? Whenever I try to absorb smoke he acts like he got burnt and says something like "What!? I lost smoke!?!"

Spoilers for acquiring powers:
Whenever you acquire a new power you have to do a bunch of core relay missions, once Delsin is done with that you can get smoke back. I liked neon better primarily for traversal.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My whole evil playthrough I was a little irked by how consistent the interactions with characters remained compared with the good playthrough, like Reggie remaining proud of you. But holy shit at Betty eating the dust along with the tribe.

Besides the walking dead, which you out get a platinum just for beating it, this is my first platinum too.

Yeah, I found it weird the only time Reggie would get pissed at you was if you did something during a mission like kill cops when he said to avoid them.

btkadams

I don't even remember not being able to use smoke, so it must just be in whatever mission(s) you're in. You're able to switch between all powers.

Jarnet87

Good to hear that it's graphics are top notch. I burnt myself out of the action adventure genre a long time ago, but at a cheaper price I'll probably check this out down the line.

I just beat the game, and I really liked it. Not the greatest game of all time, but it defintely scratched an itch. My biggest complaint would have to be enemy types and overall very short. It looked really, really good though. I imagine it would have looked better if there was a day/night cycle and different weather. Maybe for inFamous Second Son 2.

HORRORSHØW

Just finished the main game. I did a few side quests, but I'm far from being 100% done.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the story and and the length of the game. Actually I'm a little shocked by how short it is. I'm usually not a story guy, I don't really care as long as the game is fun. However Infamous 1 was so much fun in this regard and I wish Second son's story was as fun as the first game.

Also I could be wrong but I remember the missions in Infamous being a lot more varied. I haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure.

I love the powers and the combat felt great. I just wish there was more enemy variations. I got tired of the same concrete powered baddie.
Gimme some Neon, video or even electrical enemies.

Going to finish clearing out DUP and replay as an asshole :)

8/10
you might want to edit your post with a spoiler tag b/c you inadvertently spoil one of the powers.

Yep, I love it though. Also
when you upgrade its dash ability it is way better traversal power then Neon.

Currently for my trophy hunt, I only used Video and Concrete, one for travel one for combat.

By the way guys, is anyone else having trouble accessing the paper trail missions? Keeps coming up as can't connect.

btkadams

Currently for my trophy hunt, I only used Video and Concrete, one for travel one for combat.

By the way guys, is anyone else having trouble accessing the paper trail missions? Keeps coming up as can't connect.
I had that happen and then I went to the website, made an account, and linked my PSN.

Has anyone chosen to play as much of the main storyline as possible to obtain all of the powers, and then returned to all of the side missions/area clearing? Was just wondering if anyone found this to be more fun.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've got a couple of screenshots that are very spoilery, should I put a warning and spoiler tag the links to them, or just post them in the spoiler thread?

cdkee

Banned
Has anyone figured out what the deal is why time of day
after finishing the game? I've finished twice now and each file has a different time of day afterwards...is it random? Want to play at night :(

Has anyone chosen to play as much of the main storyline as possible to obtain all of the powers, and then returned to all of the side missions/area clearing? Was just wondering if anyone found this to be more fun.

I somewhat did this and it became a little tedious. Having to spray paint and find hidden people/messages over and over gets a little stale. Next playthrough I'm going to do it as I go

Has anyone figured out what the deal is why time of day
after finishing the game? I've finished twice now and each file has a different time of day afterwards...is it random? Want to play at night :(

Maybe has to do with evil or good karma? I've only finished it once so I don't know

BigDug13

I somewhat did this and it became a little tedious. Having to spray paint and find hidden people/messages over and over gets a little stale. Next playthrough I'm going to do it as I go

Yeah I think it's just more fun to explore and simply do things as you see them. Stumble on an enemy controlled DUP fortress, take it down, grab some shards, do some spray paint as I see it, find a hidden camera, do a main mission or two, repeat.

AwShucks

I don't mind the sorry statements. Not sure what the length is but for the previous two games I've immediately replayed on the opposite side of the karma scale.

SS have a very good balance of strategy, action, & exploration that I love about this genre... Plus the added destruction, effects, & powers mixed with the overall scope & city landscape that l loved so much about Infamous 1... Just wish it had more of the
wilderness
levels like the opening... But I think we all knew the overall setting, so no major gripe there... Sometimes I grew a little tired of all the gunfire, like I did on occasion when playing the Uncharted franchise... Still, job well friggin done SP!!!

Top Bottom