• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

When you beat the game is it always sunny now and never night? Just wondering if you can change the time of day for it? Since I loved how it looked during certain parts.

Just finished the game, full out Hero.

So. Fucking. Good. So good. The ending really did make me feel badass, though the last fight and the
He Who Dwells
fight also ticked me off.

But my God, so fun. Love all the powers. Love the visuals. Love the soundtrack. And the acting is so top-notch.

End game spoilers:

I didn't actually see Reggie dying. It was pretty upsetting, just cause the chemistry between the actors and the acting was so good. I was really depressed that he died and really wanted to destroy Augustine after that. It was good to see after that though all of Seattle rallying behind Delsin as he goes after Augustine.

What is up with the paper trail site? When you get to the brunberg detective site and you go to forgot password under employee login, it asks for pet name, favorite food place and favorite vacation spot. It says all but the pet name are incorrect. When a few hours earlier all but one was correct. What gives? It just won't work at all for me.

eshwaaz

Just got the third power, and had enough shards to do some substantial upgrading. Disappointed, to be honest. My least favorite power.

About how far along am I?

Just finished the game, full out Hero.

So. Fucking. Good. So good. The ending really did make me feel badass, though the last fight and the
He Who Dwells
fight also ticked me off.

But my God, so fun. Love all the powers. Love the visuals. Love the soundtrack. And the acting is so top-notch.

End game spoilers:

I didn't actually see Reggie dying. It was pretty upsetting, just cause the chemistry between the actors and the acting was so good. I was really depressed that he died and really wanted to destroy Augustine after that. It was good to see after that though all of Seattle rallying behind Delsin as he goes after Augustine.

What I really liked is whenever you used the Karma Bomb after Reggie died, his face would be a pissed off expression and not his usually smiley one, it was a nice little touch.

Has anyone chosen to play as much of the main storyline as possible to obtain all of the powers, and then returned to all of the side missions/area clearing? Was just wondering if anyone found this to be more fun.

I took GAF's advice and burned through the story till i got the third power. That's when I started clearing areas and doing all the other stuff. Its traversal ability is absolutely epic. Even neon feels a little meh after.

Just finished the main story. I had a ton of fun playing it but I thought the story was kind of weak and the bosses were awful for the most part.

I do wonder if this game will show up on Neogaf GOTY lists. I hope so.

Its the best most fun I've had with a game in a long time.. Single player games bore me quite often.. like i bought tomb raider.. Barely played it.. I dunno.. This game gives me that itch when i stop playing.. The itch to come back and play more.. That itch is what makes games special imo..

Doesn't happen all that often lately but I'm glad this one makes me itchy.

Grisby

I'm digging the music a lot. Some nice, chill tunes that play when you just go around and I like some of the punk stuff they put in there too.

Whoever put the little vocal rise that happens when you're close to death is a genius. Nice little touch.

Teddified

Just finished my Evil playthrough on Expert, honestly the only problem I had is that you don't see enemies on the minimap unless it's the objective to kill them all. Just made some stuff a little more annoying but wasn't too hard as long as you take advantage of the traversal abilities in combat.

I really didn't like having to do the choices for evil though, I liked the story but I just felt bad doing those choices.

Loved the game overall, my only issues where just the missed opportunity to have story side-missions that allow you to bond more with the characters. I dunno if they just didn't have the time for those but it would have been nice to have missions like they did before where you do "good" or "evil" side-missions. Hopefully if they make another infamous they can work on getting those missions in. I didn't mind the bases and all that stuff, but I just wanted more story side stuff besides dead drops.

Pons

Neo Member
Guys, where the hell do I enter my Amazon code at? I got the email, but I never even get to a title screen and I'm sort of lost. My brother insists that there's a field to enter it but I sure don't see one.

Horsticuffs, you dont enter the amazon code within Infamous, you do it from the playstation store on your ps4, go there, scroll to the bottom on the left hand side of the page, you will see redeem codes, put the code in there.

I'm not even gonna play the Evil storyline. I never play the inFamous evil stories, cause being the Hero just makes me feel better. When my brother plays through, he'll probably go through the Evil side, and I'll just screw around with the powers.

inFamous hits all the hero stuff really well. Delsin and Reggie are great characters. I really liked the supporting cast (what little of them we saw) as well. Plus, excellent villain.

They absolutely nailed the acting. I really want Troy Baker to return in the sequel.

Being evil is so fun.
iboM51e8KziXHW.gif

Edit; dat timing

I'm not even gonna play the Evil storyline. I never play the inFamous evil stories, cause being the Hero just makes me feel better. When my brother plays through, he'll probably go through the Evil side, and I'll just screw around with the powers.

inFamous hits all the hero stuff really well. Delsin and Reggie are great characters. I really liked the supporting cast (what little of them we saw) as well. Plus, excellent villain.

They absolutely nailed the acting. I really want Troy Baker to return in the sequel.

too bad, evil is actually more fun

Yeah, Augustine is actually a good villain. And there are surprisingly very few good villains in gaming. Her acting and dialogue were great. And the way she used her power was pretty scary.

The "He Who Dwells" fight might be the single worst boss encounter I have played in years. It is confusing, hard to control, and simply not fun.

I just kept recharging and then spamming R1 attacks. Seems to be the only way to damage it.

Finished the start of Part 2 of Paper Trail and the site hasn't been updated I guess.

Dammit I'm hooked.

Also
who is Cecilia?

I think I might have missed something.

Kyoufu

The "He Who Dwells" fight might be the single worst boss encounter I have played in years. It is confusing, hard to control, and simply not fun.

I actually had a blast doing it on Expert. Walked in thinking it'd be frustrating since it was annoying on my first time clearing it on Normal but nope, it was very simple.

You upgrade your Neon R1 ability and also acquire the Neon Dash + Jump skill. Then you unload your R1 lasers, using the Dash Jump to hop between platforms.

Replicant

Anyone else have issues with the combat in this game? It just isn't 'clicking' for me.

The game didn't really take off for me until I got the full sets of Smoke ability. Prior to that I was really frustrated, especially during the first D.U.P mobile confrontation. So many agents shooting at me with pinpoint accuracy from all directions. But then I upgraded the Smoke effect and combat finally improved. Traversal was massively improved after I got the Neon ability.

Also, I finally realized why SP put a Beanie on Delsin. It's a way to minimize them having to animate his hair, especially considering the frantic amount of time he moves around. It'll be crazy to do. They didn't have this problem with Cole since he was either bald or had Clipper no.1 shaved hair style.

I actually had a blast doing it on Expert. Walked in thinking it'd be frustrating since it was annoying on my first time clearing it on Normal but nope, it was very simple.

You upgrade your Neon R1 ability and also acquire the Neon Dash + Jump skill. Then you unload your R1 lasers, using the Dash Jump to hop between platforms.

I'm playing on easy, and have lost maybe 30 times. I get confused about what platform I can jump to and end up in lava. Then it takes too long to charge my missile and i get knocked off. I'm giving it 20 more minutes then i am giving up. :(

AlexIIDX

I just beat it, absolutely love this game. I thought infamous 1 was pretty fun but this blows it away. The gameplay is just so good. Love the characters too.....There had better be a sequel with Delsin.

So why is this game called "Second Son"?

Reggie is Delsin's big brother, making Delsin the second son of his parents.

It may also refer to the First Sons from the first Infamous games, and that Delsin is the next generation of conduits, hence Second Son.

If you want to get all punny, Delsin's fire/smoke powers can turn him into a large fireball - a second "sun".

I just beat it, I absolutely love this game. I thought infamous 1 was pretty fun but this blows it away. The gameplay is just so good. Love the characters too. There had better be a sequel with Delsin.

Delsin is a great character. Much more likable than Cole was. I still miss Zeke though. :)

I thought it was pretty fun actually. I didn't have a problem with it. Beat it on one try. I was actually happy with the boss fights. I don't like games that throw freakishly hard bosses at you and then pretty much force you to fail a few times to figure out patterns. I found most of them pretty straight forward and fair

leng jai

I'm playing on easy, and have lost maybe 30 times. I get confused about what platform I can jump to and end up in lava. Then it takes too long to charge my missile and i get knocked off. I'm giving it 20 more minutes then i am giving up. :(

Use the neon run to get out of lava. I found the fight very easy as long as you're constantly switching platforms. You have to kill the smaller angels to get rid of his shield later too.

sun-drop

i just read the gamespot story recomending expert ... should i restart?

i've cleared about to areas of the first island ..

not finding things very difficult at all atm .. but i enjoy the freedom i have also, dont want to change the game into a game of frustrating hide and seak...

how is the difficulty ramped up? do they limit resourses? or just ramp up the damage the bad guys can take? hopefully the latter ..

not finding things very difficult at all atm .. but i enjoy the freedom i have also, dont want to change the game into a game of frustrating hide and seak...

how is the difficulty ramped up? do they limit resourses? or just ramp up the damage the bad guys can take? hopefully the latter ..

If it's your first playthough, continue on normal, the second island steps up the difficulty.

You can use your second playthrough to tackle expert with opposite karma.

Please spoiler tag the boss fight details for
He Who Dwells
guys!

Kyoufu

When the platforms are descending you look for the beams that take you back up. Use them to reach a platform. :p

The lava itself shouldn't kill you. It does barely any damage.

Enemies seem to be more accurate and I don't think they show up on your minimap but other than that there's not much difference. It's still pretty easy once you upgrade your powers a little. Becomes a total joke with the third power.

Reebot

Just finished. Overall, its a fun game, and the story was surprisingly engaging -
especially for being basically just an X-men retread.
Biggest problem is that the combat just isn't very good. Pretty boring overall, and lacking real options to spice things up.

Boss fight are really stand out terrible, nothing but boring battles of attrition.

Also, the sound design is bizarrely muted. Everything lacks the umph you'd normally hear from a good hit, and none of the music tracks do much to set a bumping mood. Its most noticeable during the orbital drop where the visuals are amazing but it all falls flat because of the sound.

Still, alright game. Beautiful, of course.

Kyoufu

Just finished. Overall, its a fun game, and the story was surprisingly engaging -
Biggest problem is that the combat just isn't very good. Pretty boring overall, and lacking real options to spice things up.

Boss fight are really stand out terrible, nothing but boring battles of attrition.

Also, the sound design is bizarrely muted. Everything lacks the umph you'd normally hear from a good hit, and none of the music tracks do much to set a bumping mood. Its most noticeable during the orbital drop where the visuals are amazing but it all falls flat because of the sound.

The combat and music are the best things about this game IMO. I love the soundtrack and the combat itself is why I played it twice.

Grisby

Cole's legacy was disappointing to the max. A few audio logs and no real info.

Even the cameo
and Zeke's lines
were kind of wasted.

Shame, hope there are some more lore drops in the main story.

leng jai

Try putting your voices to 50% and then cranking your TV/receiver volume way up. Sucker Punch are just terrible at mixing their sound. The Orbital Drop sounds bad no matter you do though.

Top Bottom