• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Lima

Has it been on expert since you got control of Delsin? You didn't change it after you moved him? If it was on expert before moving, you should be fine

Reminds me of this Mass Effect 1 Insanity bullshit. Seriously how hard is it make the difficulty selectable before starting the game?

PBY

Banned
Reminds me of this Mass Effect 1 Insanity bullshit. Seriously how hard is it make the difficulty selectable before starting the game?

I guess, I don't care about achievements so that didn't bother me. Just wanted to say that on the flip side, I loved that you could switch difficult on the fly. Played the whole game on expert, and then bumped it down for the boss fights.

Tilian

Banned
Just finished last night (good). I loved every minute, but still feel that inFamous 2 is my favorite. In particular, the
fantastic and monstrous, both in enemies and architecture,
was less present in this one, something that I miss from the previous titles.

This made it less fun to fight enemies and to explore, but still was a great time. Most beautiful PS4 game I've played yet too.

vypek

No it was after

Before I got to Seattle though

I honestly don't know if you'll get it or not. Before you get to Seattle
you chase after Hank in the burning building and
that may affect the trophy. If you really want that trophy then I'd say tweet or email SP and see what the deadline is since it isn't clear.

EDIT:
I moved before turning it to expert but I still got the trophy.
You might be fine ZeroMaverick

END EDIT

Not at all I'd assume. I'm not sure why they don't have it. At the very least, they could do it like Infamous 1 where it evaluated your first battle for the difficulty setting and you could change it right at that moment if you didn't like what they gave you.

lmbotiva

Just got a PS4 two days ago, is Infamous Second Son a good first game to get for 48$.
not sure if serious? if serious the answer is yes, also, go have a look on the nextgen screenshots thread just in case you want to think about it before buying the game :)

hydruxo

So I already did a evil playthrough on normal, and I just started my good playthrough but I completely forgot to switch to Expert. I'm right at
the end of the destroyed bridge before you first enter Seattle
...is it too late to turn it to Expert and get the trophy? I'm thinking about just starting over to make sure.

Jedi2016

Any cool landmarks to see after endgame? Little things to go looking for? I never did see that Superbowl champs poster that they added right at the end of development.

And some other thoughts: ENDGAME SPOILERS!!

I was okay with the ending. I wasn't expecting something huge like the first two games, this one seemed (even before release) more on a personal level of how conduits and humans view and deal with one another as people, and I thought it was handled pretty well.

I'm mildly annoyed that Concrete doesn't have random drain points like the other powers do. I haven't dumped many shards into it yet (beat the game on Sunday, Good playthrough, and haven't had much of a chance to play since then), but it actually seems more fun than Video after the first couple of minutes (can't wait to get Endless running, Hulk-Smash style), but you've got to go hunting for fights to reload, which is kind of annoying when I just want to run around and goof off.

Seeing what happened when I tried to climb a building with it was pretty funny, though. With Smoke, you just stop moving, but with Concrete, he flat-out slammed into the building, literally running head first into a brick wall. Wish there was a way to get to rooftops with it, since its hover mode seems a lot more robust than the others.. I feel I could float most of the way across the city if I was high enough.

Raptor

No it's not. Cole's jacket is just as shit as Cole himself. :p

Nobody wore his Jacket once they got the better attire in Infamous 2. Like the reaper.

I did played a few minutes of IF2 and not IF1, I guess that's why I kinda like it, is new to me.

sector4

Really loved Second Son, definitely the best in the series for me personally, but man, Cole's Legacy was such a let down. Not sure why they even bothered. They could have released it as
a transcript on paper in the manual and it would have achieved the same purpose.
Seeing what happened when I tried to climb a building with it was pretty funny, though. With Smoke, you just stop moving, but with Concrete, he flat-out slammed into the building, literally running head first into a brick wall. Wish there was a way to get to rooftops with it, since its hover mode seems a lot more robust than the others.. I feel I could float most of the way across the city if I was high enough.
Getting to rooftops with Concrete is super easy since when you hit X again, you go upwards, I managed to get to the very top of the space needle with it, but that area is extremely glitched as there's no area for you to stand, so you just slide off when you get to the very top. This upwards movement may require an upgrade, I can't remember.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Just beat it.

I'm sad that the game with such good gameplay has such a ridiculously (almost cheap) final boss battle. Other than that, I had a good time with the game. The game is quite short though.

Dart

BjnW_PKCYAEFC7z.jpg:large

Looked like the Xbox logo from afar lol

Mdot

Not much to add that hasn't been said but thus game us a ton of fun. The traversal with the powers is excellent. Gameplay mechanics are great. The dialogue is pretty witty and entertaining. Visually, amazing. Having a great time with it so far.

Pimpwerx

So I got my plat this morning on my evil expert run through. Great game. I wish concrete didn't feel so unfinished.
Or maybe it had to be nerfed since it's so powerful. It especially sucks that you can't drain any of the concrete in the city.

I want extra missions for this game. I also wish there was a co-op mode with Fetch. PEACE.

Tons of fun, though it felt like the game really hit the high point when you get Neon and just sort of tapers off from there, partially due to so many Big Dumb Boss Fights.

DLC North Seattle with a Sound powerset, please.

Mononoke

Banned
Finally beat the game! Did the dark path and
damn, they don't pull any punches. The ending you get for being bad, really commits to it. Betty at the end. Damn.

Played the first 2 hours yesterday.

I haven't been this giddy playing a game in a long time. Roommates and gf were gathered around the room gaping at what we saw on the screen. Every new move reveal just hyped us more and more. It's been said ad-nauseum, but I simply can't believe this is a first-wave game. This is going to be an awesome generation. What a great time to be a gamer.

DNAbro

Just got my plat.

After beating the game I decided to try and see if i could go back across the bridge you came into Seattle from and it worked! Last power allows you fly that far that you spawn on the bridge when you fall in the water.

Levyne

Banned
Okay. Did the early part with the 3 power giving missions.

I seem to struggle a bit clearing the armored cars. Feels like so many bullets, and that I am pew-pewing a lot.

vilmer_

I seem to struggle a bit clearing the armored cars. Feels like so many bullets, and that I am pew-pewing a lot.

Best power to use in those situations is
Smoke, for the mega R1 damage

jet1911

Eye candy!

1911229_1434379140140jvebj.jpg

Upgrade Cynder Blast if you're playing evil. It's really powerful.

MazeHaze

Banned
I'm playing the bioshock infinite dlc right now on PS3 after playing this game, and man does it look like CRAP compared to this. The standard has been set, it is going to be so hard to go back to bad IQ from here on out.

Sorian

Banned
I'm playing the bioshock infinite dlc right now on PS3 after playing this game, and man does it look like CRAP compared to this. The standard has been set, it is going to be so hard to go back to bad IQ from here on out.

I'm sure I will have no issue going back for my yearly legend of dragoon runthrough.

Tsunamo

Platinum'd it the other day, such a fantatic and beautiful game. There's a few problems it has with it but the positives far outweigh it for me.

I'm really looking forward the next Paper Trail missions and the eventual DLC for it, although I do wonder where they'll go story wise with it, Festival of Blood was a sidestory so I'm curious as to if they'll go that route or go with some post-ending content.

Does anyone know what the track when you're up against the final boss is called? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Top Bottom