• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Playing through my evil run after 100%ing good, I'm just before going to the new area across the bridge and have my available powers maxed and man, so far the evil powers are super lame. I feel much much weaker than I did at this point with the good versions of these powers.
The lack of slow motion on neon aiming really blows too)
I hope this changes later on because it's a bummer playing a super hero game where you feel like a wet noodle.

I've only played evil so far and I'm guessing you have to approach fights differently than playing as a hero. I'm glad to hear this though as I intend to play as a hero after I finish my first play through.

How strong Evil and Good is in this game depends on the powers. Like the third power, it's stronger for Evil. I think Smoke is stronger for Good.

It's pretty subjective to the playstyle. The previous Infamous games it was plainly obvious which was stronger. Good was stronger than Evil for Infamous 1 and 2.

I finished the game twice and obtained every trophy. Easily the most fun I've had on the PS4 and in any open world game. Am I the only one that thinks Reggie is the best character in any of the Infamous games?

Words cannot describe my disappointment after killing the DUP Rock-Spinny dude without even touching the Neon only to find... nothing changed. xD

I finished the game twice and obtained every trophy. Easily the most fun I've had on the PS4 and in any open world game. Am I the only one that thinks Reggie is the best character in any of the Infamous games?

No, all of the characters in Second Son are far more interesting than anyone in 1 or 2. I wish we had more audio logs or diaries to flesh out
Fetch and Eugene

MilkBeard

Just picked up a copy today. I first went to Best Buy but they were sold out. I guess they didn't get that many copies, because I went to Gamestop and they had an entire shelf full of copies of Infamous. Anyway, gotta get a game that's set in Seattle.

Reggie is a great character. What makes him great is how realistic he is in characterization. He feels human.
"What truck? You don't have a... It's my truck"

Reggie was fantastic and it made his death all the more painful.

Delsin needs Zeke for the next game, I think. If we even get Delsin or another game.

Playing through my evil run after 100%ing good, I'm just before going to the new area across the bridge and have my available powers maxed and man, so far the evil powers are super lame. I feel much much weaker than I did at this point with the good versions of these powers.
The lack of slow motion on neon aiming really blows too)
I hope this changes later on because it's a bummer playing a super hero game where you feel like a wet noodle.

really? When I played through on expert with evil powers I was obliterating everything.

Oddspeak

I think after meeting both Fetch and Eugene they should have made character specific side story quests for teh both of them. Oh well.

I agree. Their main story arcs were really short. Some side missions where you work together with them would have been nice.

Chris R

Played for an hour or so since I finally got my copy in... Do the same events keep popping up in exactly the same places? Already done two drug busts in exactly the same place :|

genbatzu

so I just finished my good playthrough yesterday and have now 100%'ed it.

great game, but
good ending spoiler:
I found the evil ending waaay more logical, than the good ending. I mean on the good ending you just capture augustine and suddenly humans and conduits are friends and they lived happily ever after...doesn't make a lot of sense, even if Delsin doesn'T kill a lot of people on the good playthrough, he fights against the system, and against the media, so the "normal humans" can be manipulated.
I can't believe, that just because I managed to capture augustine, that suddenly the media is all "oh ok, delsin is great, so is the drug girl and the gamer, let's give them a hug and free all conduits,yaaay!"
evil ending spoiler:
Evil Ending makes more sense. you are evil, the world sees it, you are outcasted by the akomish and kill all of them, after that you go to rule over the humans and aquire as much conduit powers as possible.

genbatzu

So it's safe to just ignore them then? I've been starting to get tired of them and noticed they seem to just keep popping up. I thought there was a finite amount of them though and that was really the only thing that kept me going.

afaik their only use is karma boost, if you want to reach karma lv5 "faster"

ooo, i think i'm about at the games last hurrah. i decided to turn it off and save it for tomorrow. what a game.

what is your favorite of the powers, gaf? mine right now is the 3rd power. so much fun.

Campfires? ;p

And the well-known neon bears of Rainier.

You wouldn't be able to get much of the third power out in the woods, but I'm not sure why you'd want to have it out in the woods, either. Aside from making camping less tedious.

(I'd still like North Seattle DLC, though. I want to run around the University District tagging frat houses and zapping ten times as many street musicians per mile.)

I finished the game on expert on my first play-through for reference , and no fight except the last one felt long, there are some quircks to the powers that you have to learn to defeat the bosses quickly.

For example:
The rock dude that you are supposed to fight with neon when you have no smoke recharge can be pretty quickly defeated by dodging his melee with a dash towards him and using your melee , it drains more health than just shooting.
For Agustine after Reggie's death , you have to use the shotgun smoke and then the video missile swords, you can recharge them quickly using the stealth.
Third boss can be defeated faster by shooting the angels down when it disintegrates.
you can use these same techniques until you get concrete in the last boss, then it's enduring until your full set of abilities. No really that long or repetitive.

Also, i guess i see where some people come from when they say the games it's not fun for them , because this game even if its a sandbox, it's more close to a P* game than a Rockstar game. Infamous never felt much like sandboxes to me , and thats why i love them , the only GTA i ever finished was San Andreas, they usually bore me to death.

InFamous is an open world game, not a sandbox game. The difference is subtle but still. Seattle is built like a jungle gym

Drug dealers are in just to fill your superpower meter (just like the bots in titanfall)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I actually thought the third power was the strongest. Not only does it have the best heavy attack, it has the quickest traversal options. Coupled with the fact that the l1 power gives u infinite karma bombs, dying while using this power is pretty hard.

How exactly does L1 give you infinite karma bombs? You can only subdue 2 enemies at a time with it. Compare that to neon where you can easily just take anyone out at range constantly with your slo mo ability to build up your karmic bomb super quick. Also the karmic bomb is better with neon. Health recovery from range with neon as well.

T.O.P

Banned

tumblr_n1uezatkLD1smadd3o1_500.jpg

index.php

Sintoid

Yup got to try remoteplay today too. Pretty damn good.

I noticed that doing the stencil tagging is done automatically on Vita

Yeah I noticed too. The strange thing is that you have to do the gymmic (turn and shake Vita) but not the painting session (wich I thought was even more feasable with Vita touch or gyro...)

Someone will appreciate

fernoca

Tried to not get this so soon..but it looks so damn great in pictures, gifs and low-res streams, remote play. Darn it. Just got it digitally.

Seems to be downloading 5GB or so, and an update. So, anyone knows when the rest of the 20GB will download and the Limited Edition/Cole stuff (says I can't download it, but it's right there in "my add-ons")?

Can't wait!

Just did the initial paper trail thing with the crime seen. But the game won't link with my account. Anyone had this issue?

Had the same problem, did the paper trail and when I got to the end it said it couldn't update and told me to go back to the start.

was just about to ask whether I should do the mission first or link my game first since I just unlocked the Paper Trail icon on my map

Tried to not get this so soon..but it looks so damn great in pictures, gifs and low-res streams, remote play. Darn it. Just got it digitally.

Seems to be downloading 5GB or so, and an update. So, anyone knows when the rest of the 20GB will download and the Limited Edition/Cole stuff (says I can't download it, but it's right there in "my add-ons")?

Can't wait!

I got it digitaly too, First it will install the minimum 5 GB so you can play the beginning of the game if you want, but i don't recomend it.

It's better to wait until the game has finished downloading (once the initial 5 GB have download, you can see the download status in the PS4 menu over the game icon -> pressing the Options button->Information.

Everything will install automatically (Game-> Update -> DLC). Know that to be able to use & access the DLC, you need to have installed the update first and until the game is fully downloaded the update won't install itself.

I think the problems people had with the DLC's erroe some pages back in this thread may have been caused by starting to play before all content was fully download.

Hope that helps. ;)

fernoca

I got it digitaly too, First it will install the minimum 5 GB so you can play the beginning of the game if you want, but i don't recomend it.

It's better to wait until the game has finished downloading (once the initial 5 GB have download, you can see the download status in the PS4 menu over the game icon -> pressing the Options button->Information.

Everything will install automatically (Game-> Update -> DLC). Know that to be able to use & access the DLC, you need to have installed the update first and until the game is fully downloaded the update won't install itself.

I think the problems people had with the DLC's erroe some pages back in this thread may have been caused by starting to play before all content was fully download.

Hope that helps. ;)
Oh! Nice response!
Just checked (after 6 hours) and it's at 9.4GB which is quite fast for my slow internet.

Thanks! :)

rdrr gnr

InFamous is an open world game, not a sandbox game. The difference is subtle but still. Seattle is built like a jungle gym

Drug dealers are in just to fill your superpower meter (just like the bots in titanfall)
Could you expound on the difference? I think the terms can be used interchangeably without much controversy, but the size and style of inFAMOUS says "sandbox" to me.

Just finished the good ending. I now understand the 8's. Good game, but not great. Fell into the architecture a couple times, had some judder, the story is...better but not great and it's a little short for one playthrough. Also, the third power was meh.
No special on the last power was disappointing for post story play. Not being able to use it outside of the boss fight and post game was blergh. Also, also, those boss fights...why in all hell do they have to be in set pieces rather than in the city?
I wish that more open world haves had side missions that varied given the area you're in rather than the same 4 or 5 things over and over.

Now for evil on expert for them other trophies then goofing for the 45 second float.

Schlomo

I'm sure this has been answered, but I've completed this game three times, platinumed it, and I still don't know why it's called Second Son?

The obvious explanation is that they originally had something else planned for the story. Or it's just a tease/reference to the older games.

The obvious explanation is that they originally had something else planned for the story. Or it's just a tease/reference to the older games.

I think Cole etc. were the first sons, conduits and when it was all over there were none left. Then conduits started coming back and thus the Second Sons.

Probably wrong, following game stories is admittedly a weak point of mine.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm sure this has been answered, but I've completed this game three times, platinumed it, and I still don't know why it's called Second Son?

Good ending spoiler:
A good chunk game is about Reggie and Delsin's relationship. Delsin is the younger brother, the second son. It hit me when he made the mural for Reggie at the end. Delsin also says in the good epilogue that he helped to bring in the "second age" for the conduits.

Marvel

could never
Finally got the game today, blown away by the graphics and lighting. Also dat touch pad use, soooo good! worked so well in KZ and now SS.

He's the younger brother, hence Second Son. ;)

Good ending spoiler:
A good chunk game is about Reggie and Delsin's relationship. Delsin is the younger brother, the second son. It hit me when he made the mural for Reggie at the end. Delsin also says in the good epilogue that he helped to bring in the "second age" for the conduits.

I've thought of it as him being the second son after Reggie, but that seemed much too weak to be it.

Come on man. Clearly,
Reggier is the older brother making him his parent's first son. Delsin is the younger of the two making him the second son. Duh.

Lol I really don't know either, but I can't find any other explanation hahaha.
Edit: beaten. Seriously? Lmao. Please say that isn't it.

Top Bottom