• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Kind of a dumb question - but should I be 100% clearing each zone so early in the game? I've cleared about 4 zones 100% and I still only have smoke as my power.

Do the additional powers come late in the game? Seems like I'm clearing a lot of areas before I get some other powers to mess around with inside those zones.

This is my first Infamous game - game is unbelievably fun. And I generally can't stand open world game like this...

Glad your enjoying it.
But yeah, sounds like you are playing it a little bit "wrong".
My advice would be, from where you are now, do the story missions until you get 2nd power, then have fun clearing a couple of zones, then go back to story until the 3rd then clear some more.

Smoke is my fave power for combat, but traversal is easier/quicker when you get the 2nd.

Is it just me or that the
concrete powers
are just not good enough and the lack of
karmic bomb
makes them more useless.

It's very half-assed.
No karma bomb, no execution animation, two buttons do the same move, etc. Would have been cool to end the final boss with a concrete karma bomb instead of just whittling her health down with basic pew pew pew's.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
for hat trick i wiped out a regular bunch of DUP, waited until one surrendered, shot him once with smoke, once with neon, and finished him off with
video
as long as you don't aim for the head he'll take the punishment without dying.

as for the DSSA, remember you don't have to actually use 2 seperate smoke stacks. you can simply bounce off the exit of the same smoke stack twice, or even use the same smoke stacks entry point. that's what i did. just bounced on a roof fan twice and comet dropped some regular DUP out of those trucks.

can you switch powers quickly at some point in the game? I thought you have to absorb something to switch?

also, damn me for quoting your spoiler and reading it in the quoted text. Oh well.

Started the game last night. Playing good first. Got to the City and cleared a couple zones. I was a huge fan of the first two games and despite my dislike of Delsin's look from the first time I saw him I was excited for this. Initial Impressions:

- Game is gorgeous
- I feel the platforming controls for Cole were tighter in the first two games but they aren't bad here
- Wish I could use L1/R1 for Zoom/Fire. Guess I'm just used to this from previous games
- Delsin is as annoying as I had feared. It's no deal-killer but he seems to be either incredibly dumb or an asshole and I can see where people are saying the story would make more sense if you are playing evil
- Story and dialog seem pretty hamfisted so far. I don't like where they've taken the story and it's not where I'd expected/want it to go after Infamous 2 but that's just me
- Game makes my PS4's fans very loud after only a couple minutes of play. Barring spinning drive noise, the PS4 is easily the loudest console I've ever owned. I wish I had one of the quiet ones or Sony had designed the thing with better cooling.

Topsu

Banned
Anyone else having problems with 5.1 audio? Rear channels are muted. Very annoying with npc dialogue and helicopters for example. Any fixes?

Carl

Any tips on getting the Hat Trick and DSSA trophies?

Bit late but easiest way to do Hat Trick is just use smoke bombs then stasis then finish them off with another power. Smoke bombs and stasis do zero damage so no chance of killing them accidently.

DSSA is a little harder. I stopped a APC near a vent, shot up it, boosted back into the same vent i just came out of then got them. Still counts (You can also keep boosting into the same vent to get 45 seconds in the air, thats the way i id it)

The EU Infamous PS3 bundle does not include Cole's Legacy correct? How big of a deal is it to miss that content? I'd like to jump into the PS4 wagon but the bundle is the only one in stock over here and it's running out fast.

It is totally irrelevant and does nothing to forward the story and has hair-thin connections to the first two games.

You're not missing out on anything if you don't get it.

codhand

The framerate during the
first half of the
final boss fight was amazing.

agree.

the framerate was good sometimes, sure 60 would be better, but im in that small niche crowd that enjoys the fact it's unlocked, i havent tried Killzone since the patch, maybe ill see if i prefer that to the unlocked framerate there

Raptor

Finished my Good Run on normal, that was an amazing ride IMO, great game, started immediatly the Expert Evil Run, but I got some questions.

For expert I only press "Options" and changed to expert on the options before making Delsin move, is that the only thing I have to do or I needed to change the Difficulty Setting earlier or something?

For the Papar Trail Side Mission, I have to do it all again on this run right?

:)

Chabbles

Kind of a dumb question - but should I be 100% clearing each zone so early in the game? I've cleared about 4 zones 100% and I still only have smoke as my power.

Do the additional powers come late in the game? Seems like I'm clearing a lot of areas before I get some other powers to mess around with inside those zones.

This is my first Infamous game - game is unbelievably fun. And I generally can't stand open world game like this...

You might want to leave some till end game as you can continue playing after finishing the story with everything maxed out, and just go nuts. You wont regret it.

le.phat

The final boss battle was frustrating for all the wrong reasons. Really weird design choice to transform that battle in a tutorial. Looked incredible though, but again, such a weird choice to confine that boss to a small surrounding.

sneaky77

So I just got to the part where you get the third power
and you can't use the other two, I hope they come back
man that whole thing is such a deflating momentum killer on the game with all the fun I was having.

The final boss battle was frustrating for all the wrong reasons. Really weird design choice to transform that battle in a tutorial. Looked incredible though, but again, such a weird choice to confine that boss to a small surrounding.

The end boss was very easy imo. She did three moves over and over again. Once you memorize them, they are easy to dodge.

I'm thorn between trading in this game towards credit or keeping it for the future dlcs... Gamestop is offering $40 in store credit until April 20th.. Do you guys think there will be good stuff on dlc enough to justify keeping the game???

Jim

Anyone else having problems with 5.1 audio? Rear channels are muted. Very annoying with npc dialogue and helicopters for example. Any fixes?

I found the mix perfect when I selected the Home Theater option in the audio menu. Surrounds were actually too loud at first, but that's because of how my speakers levels were set.

calder

Platinumed it yesterday. got almost everything done on the first playthrough, but I wasn't looking forward to the evil playthrough as I thought some of the boss fights on expert would be too aggravating.

Shouldn't have worried, cruised through on expert with actually less trouble than on normal. I only bothered getting shards when I basically stepped on them and still had enough upgrades - there's at least a half dozen minor skills I never used anyway like the 'jump up during a glide' stuff.

First PS4 platinum, which is apt since Infamous was my first PS3. :)

Just wanted to say I was excited about Cole's Legacy side missions....

it was shit, and just incredibly lazy. Disappointed in sucker punch for even advertising this trash bonus

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Just wanted to say I was excited about Cole's Legacy side missions....

it was shit, and just incredibly lazy. Disappointed in sucker punch for even advertising this trash bonus

Yeah, I agree. I liked Cole in the first two games (1 more than 2) and this was pretty
lackluster DLC. Best bit was when Zeke was like "Cole would be proud of you" and Delsin was like "uh, ok, thanks?". It's obvious he has no idea why he should even care about Cole and his history as outlined in the first two games.

The jacket was nice though (liked it better than Delsin's standard getup).

Without going into too much detail (not started it yet) what is the window for changing the difficulty for the trophy to count? In I2 I think it was anytime before the end of the fight against
The Beast
I played up until Delsin contacts the first Conduit before I changed to Expert, and I still got the trophy. I thought I had fucked up too, because it didn't pop up at the credits, only when I continued post game lol.

Cubed

Even after getting the Platinum a week ago and earning 100% on both my Hero and inFamous playthroughs, I still find myself popping this sucker in just to explore the world and play with the powers/physics.

I just spent 30 minutes trying to stack cars with the "force-push-like" Neon move.

Pop

Even after getting the Platinum a week ago and earning 100% on both my Hero and inFamous playthroughs, I still find myself popping this sucker in just to explore the world and play with the powers/physics.

I just spent 30 minutes trying to stack cars with the "force-push-like" Neon move.

I've been playing an hour at a time here and there after getting my platinum.

Raptor

I played up until Delsin contacts the first Conduit before I changed to Expert, and I still got the trophy. I thought I had fucked up too, because it didn't pop up at the credits, only when I continued post game lol.

Nice, I did changed it before moving Delsin just to be sure.

Giggzy

My apologies if this is a stupid question... How do you change the difficulty?

I just started the game (I just entered Seattle after crossing the bridge), but I don't remember it ever asking me what difficulty I wanted to play on.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I started this up over the weekend, have the first 3 districts 100%, going the hero route I'm loving it so far, though wish there was more variety in side missions ala Infamous 2.

Best looking game I've every played, being a console only gamer.

Remote play on the Vita is decent as well, though the frame rate is a bit off putting.

I just started the game (I just entered Seattle after crossing the bridge), but I don't remember it ever asking me what difficulty I wanted to play on.

Open the map and hit Triangle for the options/save menu.

press start (errr, options) then press triangle. It's right below save game and all that.

-Amon-

In the options menu, just under the save / load game prompt if i remember well.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Delsin also has unlimited potential. The core relays and shards has the same effect as power stations and blast cores for Cole.

Both Cole and Delsin bypass the training periods with those. I'll say Delsin has even more potential because he's not limited to one skillset. The reason his powers are not the same is because he adds his own style on the powers. It was said in one of the video demonstration before the game launch. I think it's the one where there was a guy properly playing.

Can't say that I agree with you considering that Cole would eventually develop the same skillset as Kessler, if not moreso. So he'd be endowed with super human speed, time travel, the ability to create energy constructs, the ability to invade other's minds, etc. I really don't think Delsin would approach Cole in terms of overall power. Delsin is reminiscent of Rouge or Hope Summers and Cole is...hmm I'm having trouble determining a proper superhero comparison because his powers seem to evolve and transcend the base of electricity, so he's hard to categorize

EXIE

Banned
Anyone finding the puzzles in the Paper Trail really hard? I think I must have resorted to a walkthrough about 5 times so far. They really should have included hints for people who are stuck, half the time I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for and where to look. That one bit in episode 2 when
you use the numbers in place of words on Kriley's website to put into the intranet
, seriously WTF?

Anyone finding the puzzles in the Paper Trail really hard? I think I must have resorted to a walkthrough about 5 times so far. They really should have included hints for people who are stuck, half the time I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for and where to look. That one bit in episode 2 when
you use the numbers in place of words on Kriley's website to put into the intranet
, seriously WTF?

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I managed to figure them all out. Granted, some of them took a lot of time and thought, but the challenge has made solving everything extremely rewarding.

Yea it seems to happen when neon dashing in the direction of the sun. It can get annoying.

Really bloody annoying, but the really strange thing is that I didn't encounter it until after finishing the main story....

Still, it hasn't interfered with my love of neon running through the entire city....just a shame some of the bridges are out.

EXIE

Banned
I don't mean to be a jerk, but I managed to figure them all out. Granted, some of them took a lot of time and thought, but the challenge has made solving everything extremely rewarding.

No offense taken. I just never seem to be able to solve these kinds of puzzles without a nudge in the right direction.

FHIZ

So I'm doing papertrail part 2 and just had to look up how to unlock the phone... what am I missing that would tell me how to do this without looking up a walkthrough on the internet? Having to do so is really taking me out of it.

The mechanic I specifically had to look up was
adding 3 to each number to get the right code

EXIE

Banned
So I'm doing papertrail part 2 and just had to look up how to unlock the phone... what am I missing that would tell me how to do this without looking up a walkthrough on the internet? Having to do so is really taking me out of it.

The mechanic I specifically had to look up was
adding 3 to each number to get the right code

On the
Heaven's Hellfire poster the hint is “Good things come in threes”
. I would never have worked that out on my own.

Cheers

Dunno why it doesn;t just give you the difficulty options when you select New Game

There was a daycare playground with cartoon racoons and Sly w/friends drawn on the wall. I need to find it again and take a picture.

Yeap, I snapped that one! I'll put it in spoiler tags in case people would prefer to find themselves

1277865_10153952081950106_2065188625_o.jpg

God dammit, spoiler tags don't work around an image?

Top Bottom