• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Topsu

Banned
Just finished on normal good karma. This might be one of my favourite games. So many awesome things that the few bugs don't matter. Can't wait to platinum this baby!

Raptor

No offense taken. I just never seem to be able to solve these kinds of puzzles without a nudge in the right direction.

I can't even figure it out anything at all, I need the google to search answers lols, maybe I have no patience at all.

AwShucks

Finished 100% good playthrough. Doing evil playthrough now and boy do I hate unskippable cutscenes.

Love the game. Hate some side missions (tagging things got incredibly boring). Just realized I'm not playing on expert so I won't be getting platinum. Oh well.

Raptor

Never get tired of how this looks, I mean jeez....

ibBgtpfoPqLS0.jpg

I hated playing evil. The powers felt weak to me compared to hero. Nothing was too different along the story except for the ending. This is next gen game play combined with last gen game design. Still an 8/10 to me, but kinda wish I didnt buy digital. I would trade it in. Story and game is too reliant on the core relays.

I can't even figure it out anything at all, I need the google to search answers lols, maybe I have no patience at all.

I've definitely poked in here for hints, but I'm getting better at them. Typically I'm just missing the intermediate steps, trying to go from Step A to Step C without making the connection that there's a Step B I need to have first.

Endo Punk

Where is the gum wall in the game?

I've definitely poked in here for hints, but I'm getting better at them. Typically I'm just missing the intermediate steps, trying to go from Step A to Step C without making the connection that there's a Step B I need to have first.

Just so you know I'd love a GT app on PS4.

How do you sign up and do the paper trail? The link on the official site keeps telling me something went wrong and can't connect to anything when I play the game.

I really like this game, and I'm not really an open world type of gamer, gets boring fast. I picked up AC4 on launch day and only played it twice, haven't messed with GTA since San Andreas. Played Infamous 1 & 2 it was OK, but this one I just really like it, maybe it's the colors and how good it looks. Second Son, just brings me into its world.

Sorian

Banned
On the
Heaven's Hellfire poster the hint is “Good things come in threes”
. I would never have worked that out on my own.

This is completely wrong.
The paper dove has a website and a case file at the bottom, going to the website allows you to enter that case file and reading through the file tells you exactly how the code works.

Kuro

I hated playing evil. The powers felt weak to me compared to hero. Nothing was too different along the story except for the ending. This is next gen game play combined with last gen game design. Still an 8/10 to me, but kinda wish I didnt buy digital. I would trade it in. Story and game is too reliant on the core relays.

Please, enlighten me on what that is.

Now I have three Powers, I am trying to clear up a Trophy. It's for using three Powers to kill an enemy. I've been trying this for ages now but it's not registering. Any tips? It's actually challenging to find an enemy near a building roof that has Smoke and
Video
on it.

Please, enlighten me on what that is.

Probably because the core game is no different content wise from the original Infamous. It really feels like they spent most of their time on this game just for the visuals than actually creating new gameplays. It's even a step back in complexity and amount of content from Infamous 2

Kuro

Probably because the core game is no different content wise from the original Infamous. It really feels like they spent most of their time on this game just for the visuals than actually creating new gameplays. It's even a step back in complexity and amount of content from Infamous 2

Now that makes a lot more sense and is something I can agree with. It seems like they spent more time improving the gameplay, getting the engine up and running and getting the city to look pretty. I'm optimistic that the sequel will end up with a lot more content and variety.

Awntawn

Anyone else having problems with 5.1 audio? Rear channels are muted. Very annoying with npc dialogue and helicopters for example. Any fixes?
I made a thread about it a while back
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789584

Unfortunately the only solution is switching to DTS, which is a hefty downgrade in audio quality. Best we can do is pray that Sony decides to fix it eventually, as it's a system wide problem, not just for one game.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Now I have three Powers, I am trying to clear up a Trophy. It's for using three Powers to kill an enemy. I've been trying this for ages now but it's not registering. Any tips? It's actually challenging to find an enemy near a building roof that has Smoke and
Video
on it.

Took me two tries before it registered, I basically shot at an APC and then proceeded to kill all but the one bald guy. Then I just hit him twice with a regular R2 shot from each of the 3 powers.

Took me two tries before it registered, I basically shot at an APC and then proceeded to kill all but the one bald guy. Then I just hit him twice with a regular R2 shot from each of the 3 powers.

Thanks.

I just got it. Found a lone soldier on a roof and took him out. I was so worried about my fully spec'd Powers from killing him in one shot I must of missed with previous attempts.

:)

Can't say that I agree with you considering that Cole would eventually develop the same skillset as Kessler, if not moreso. So he'd be endowed with super human speed, time travel, the ability to create energy constructs, the ability to invade other's minds, etc. I really don't think Delsin would approach Cole in terms of overall power. Delsin is reminiscent of Rouge or Hope Summers and Cole is...hmm I'm having trouble determining a proper superhero comparison because his powers seem to evolve and transcend the base of electricity, so he's hard to categorize
Cole is more along the lines of a magneto.

Wow at the evil ending. I hope they go with that as the canon!

Wouldn't mind the final game to be called inFAMOUS 3 and (inFAMOUS 2 spoilers)
to be able to play as Cole after it's revealed that he isn't dead and that we have to take down Delsin/Fetch/Eugene.

MOG728

Just beat my first playthrough...

Gameplay was kickass. Seriously, never had so much fun traversing a world in a game.

Graphics were gorgeous.

But man that world was so bare bones and not fleshed out. Even the stories of Eugene and Fetch seemed rushed. Actually, if I could some up the entire main storyline it would be rushed. I thought there would be a more developed story and world.

I had a ton of fun but I wish they would have fleshed the game out more, or at least had more missions.

mreddie

to be able to play as Cole after it's revealed that he isn't dead and that we have to take down Delsin/Fetch/Eugene.

I hoping someone just absorbed Cole's powers and he gets along with his conduit friends against
the corrputed conduits.

Still Festival of Ice, c'mon Sucker Punch.

Moosichu

THIS

I seem to have got one of the Shard Drones stuck on the really tall building that has
electric fence guarding it half way up. Is it supposed to be stuck up there? i.e. I get it later on, or have I buggered up my Shard collection!? Can't get up there, even with super swoop Video upgrade.

I seem to have got one of the Shard Drones stuck on the really tall building that has
electric fence guarding it half way up. Is it supposed to be stuck up there? i.e. I get it later on, or have I buggered up my Shard collection!? Can't get up there, even with super swoop Video upgrade.

You can get it when you initiate the final mission in the game,
you will be climbing by getting inside the first vent at the lowest level. Infact right after you see Fetch in the background trying to support you, you will be seeing the shard right next to your foot.

Lingitiz

I would really like this but I can see them shying away from it out of fear of angering people who played good Delsin.

Can't believe I just pieced together Paper Trail. Wow, that was pretty damn satisfying. Feel like a typical detective who needs a neat whiskey after a long day now lol

Gold Member
Got my platinum for this tonight, I really enjoyed both play throughs too. Great game IMO.

Can't wait for the next one!

Can't say that I agree with you considering that Cole would eventually develop the same skillset as Kessler, if not moreso. So he'd be endowed with super human speed, time travel, the ability to create energy constructs, the ability to invade other's minds, etc. I really don't think Delsin would approach Cole in terms of overall power. Delsin is reminiscent of Rouge or Hope Summers and Cole is...hmm I'm having trouble determining a proper superhero comparison because his powers seem to evolve and transcend the base of electricity, so he's hard to categorize

Not a fair comparison based on the information we know. We have two games on Cole. I think Delsin can do what Cole could if he would just copy his powers. He already have super human speed with smoke and the ability to invade minds just be absorbing. There is one plus for Cole though. His power was artificially sped by the Ray Sphere.

I think Cole is more powerful atm, but I think Delsin has much more potential than Cole.

Gurish

Side content is garbage, but i like the campaign so far and the combat and traversal are so good!

Graphics are unbelievable, dashing with neon all over the city with such fidelity and detail in such speed, biggest next gen moment i had.

I can't believe i'm playing with graphics that are beyond any linear game from last gen only in an open world settings, and so early!

I expected to see such graphics on the second year at best, Eurogamer were right when they said those visuals were not expected from such an early title, amazing achievement by SP!

Not a fair comparison based on the information we know. We have two games on Cole. I think Delsin can do what Cole could if he would just copy his powers. He already have super human speed with smoke and the ability to invade minds just be absorbing. There is one plus for Cole though. His power was artificially sped by the Ray Sphere.

I think Cole is more powerful atm, but I think Delsin has much more potential than Cole.

Maybe eventually, but remember that (final boss spoilers)
Augustine pointed out that although Delsin can learn powers, he still has a learning period. Not that it mattered in the end, but she's right. Delsin can't do half of what Augustine did, even if he did beat her in the end.

Delsin can copy Cole's powers but he'd be starting from scratch. In a way it can actually be a hindrance to Delsin as opposed to Cole, because Delsin has to "spread out" across mulitple powers instead of focusing on just the one.

Maybe eventually, but remember that (final boss spoilers)
Augustine pointed out that although Delsin can learn powers, he still has a learning period. Not that it mattered in the end, but she's right. Delsin can't do half of what Augustine did, even if he did beat her in the end.

Delsin can copy Cole's powers but he'd be starting from scratch. In a way it can actually be a hindrance to Delsin as opposed to Cole, because Delsin has to "spread out" across mulitple powers instead of focusing on just the one.

Cole and Delsin learn the same way. They use external means to bypass the learning period. When
Augustine said that he didn't absorb any Core Relays yet, which he soon does.

Don't forget Cole does the same thing in Infamous 1 and 2. In Infamous 1 he learned powers by linking substations. In Infamous 2 he powered himself up by Blast Cores. Delsin has Core Relays.

culafia

So I accidentally learned how to glitch outside of the map: http://youtu.be/ASdVHx6FsLI

Quoted from description:
"I came across this accidentally when I was playing Infamous: Second Son today on PS4. I haven't figured it out exactly, but when I try the following few steps a few times it leads to surprisingly consistent results.

1) Go to the place marked on the map. It's a huge building with the electrical wiring coming out.

2) Find the concave spot on the building with the rubble sticking out.

3) Using
*NEON*
, run up the wall on the inner left concave part.

4) When the electricity bumps you back, keep running up the wall in the same spot (you may need to try a few times).

5) You're outside of the map. Have fun!"

Gold Member
So I accidentally learned how to glitch outside of the map: http://youtu.be/ASdVHx6FsLI

Quoted from description:
"I came across this accidentally when I was playing Infamous: Second Son today on PS4. I haven't figured it out exactly, but when I try the following few steps a few times it leads to surprisingly consistent results.

1) Go to the place marked on the map. It's a huge building with the electrical wiring coming out.

2) Find the concave spot on the building with the rubble sticking out.

3) Using
*NEON*
, run up the wall on the inner left concave part.

4) When the electricity bumps you back, keep running up the wall in the same spot (you may need to try a few times).

5) You're outside of the map. Have fun!"
I did that on my first run accidentally, but it wasn't at that point I
glitched through by the first vent
. Pretty trippy in there lol, but tbh I was more pissed than anything as I had to reload!

Side content is garbage, but i like the campaign so far and the combat and traversal are so good!

Graphics are unbelievable, dashing with neon all over the city with such fidelity and detail in such speed, biggest next gen moment i had.

I can't believe i'm playing with graphics that are beyond any linear game from last gen only in an open world settings, and so early!

I expected to see such graphics on the second year at best, Eurogamer were right when they said those visuals were not expected from such an early title, amazing achievement by SP!
Honestly SP could use more time for more content but that would mean they would have to complete against the first wave of true next gen games from the big boys and also means a bigger team and way more risk.

For the kind of team they are, to make any kind of open world game like this is an achievement IMO.

Is it me or are the cutscenes all real time?

Keihart

Honestly SP could use more time for more content but that would mean they would have to complete against the first wave of true next gen games from the big boys and also means a bigger team and way more risk.

For the kind of team they are, to make any kind of open world game like this is an achievement IMO.

Is it me or are the cutscenes all real time?

yup, change vests for some MGS style fun.

Top Bottom