• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Kssio_Aug

Ok, just finished my 1st playthrouh. Did as a Hero at Expert difficulty, 100% done!
Loved the game!! Really likeabale and convincing characters, all of them, in that aspect the game was a lot better then inFamous 1 and 2. The story however, besides I really liked it too, I am not sure if it was better then inFamous 1 imo (
I really liked that thing about the Cole coming back from the future and all, if I remember correctly.
). The gameplay was insanely good inmho, just so fluid!! And just like inFamous 1 and 2 you start feeling its too hard (at the highest difficulty) but then you get the controll over the battle and the power upgrades and you become unstoppable!! 8)

I'd give it easly a 10/10, because it reached my expectations and inFamous is one of my favorites games! However, the game have some flaws, besides they did not disturbed me at all, just makes the game less brighty then what it could have been, and those are:
-The lack of enemies variation. Just the D.U.Ps and those few variations was probably the highest problem of the game. At inFamous 1 and 2 the battles over time become more and more intersting because you have to face different kind of enemies with different sizes and different ways of combat, it was sad that they did not followed that course here. But besides the lack of it, imho the enemies were fun to fight against from start to finish!
-The lack of side-missions variation. The missions overall are fun to do, but I would like to see a more variated number of missions.
-The last power is really disappointing.
Very limited even maximized.
But thank god all the other powers are just GREAT!
liked Video the most
!!

And that was it! The lack of enemies and missions variation is a true problem of the game, but it did not broke the game experience. I will start soon the Evil playthrough and try to get the Platinum trophy! =D
The end was GREAT! The game sound track is probably one of its big points!! The graphics are amazing (simply the best I've ever seen; including PC games)! And the gameplay is fluid and fun to play!! Also the game have some epic moments! I'd give it a 9/10.

Hope they launch inFamous SS 2, and "fix" those problems. Im sure, after what they did, its not much effort to bring to us a 10/10 and a even more epic game!

We talked about the plot for a potential sequel, but not the power system.

I want to see Sucker Punch expand on the skill tree. I want diverging paths for each power. let's say you have 3 pathways for upgrading grenades. Each one has a different property in battle. Then you do this for all upgrade. You can only choose 1 path for each power type (grenade, Rockets, etc).

I know it'll be a lot more work for Sucker Punch, but it'll be pretty awesome.

Vire

What the fuck? I just lost my progress in the Paper Trail and it reset it to before Part 2 was completed?

ANNOYING!

Did this happen for anyone else?

Pop

What the fuck? I just lost my progress in the Paper Trail and it reset it to before Part 2 was completed?

ANNOYING!

Did this happen for anyone else?

Didn't happen to me. I completed part 3 earlier with no problems.

Teddified

What would they even call a sequel to Second Son? Infamous 4? Third Son? Second Son 2?

I'd guess they would just use another subtitle if they make another game.

Kssio_Aug

What would they even call a sequel to Second Son? Infamous 4? Third Son? Second Son 2?

I'd guess they would just use another subtitle if they make another game.

Since
Delsin is still alive, and became a strong and charimatic character
, I believe it would be called Second Son 2, or just inFamous 4. But I really believe it will have a sequel.

Chake

Banned
Finished the game, and thought it was really short. To be honest, i didn't do that much side quests, so it's partially on me. It's probably my lest favorite infamous game. Infamous>Infamous2>SS.

Also, I'm sure am not the only to notice this about the ending

"I love you brother, and am sure am gonna miss you" was also used in Infamous 2 good ending

Gotta say, just finished the Evil karma ending and found it way more satisfying.

I just wish the choices had a more branching effect on the story as you play through the game.

EL CUCO

Just Platinumed it. Very easy Plat and enjoyable from start to finish.

Last boss was a bit of a pain only because once her life gets real low, she gets very aggressive. But for the most part I stood in between the wall and one of the columns in the back right and spammed the cement on her.

Looking forward to playing more paper trail missions. So far I've only done Chapter 1.

HigXx

Got the Platinum (My first one!) so I can finally give my full impressions!

Reggie was definitely the best character in the game! No doubts!

Powers were great, it was nice being able to swap around! In terms of which is the best I definitely think it depends what playthrough you're doing
Good: Neon > Video > Smoke
Evil: Video > Smoke > Neon

I enjoyed playing it but it was too damned short, just feels that there's something missing from Infamous 1 & 2.

Future games wise, I definitely want to see the return of Cole. Delsin was great, but I just prefer Cole's power overall

The game really is too short, IMO. I finished both playthroughs with 100% a week ago, doing my 100% Good playthrough in the weekend after launch, and this is while working full time. I don't think I've ever been finished with a sandbox game so fast, not even something with really linear tendencies like Mafia 2.

The_Monk

I want to get a platinum trophy with this game, how hard is playing the game on expert?

Coming from someone who is not really that good at harder games I would say it's not that hard fellow GAFfer. Just use cover when you are near dead to recover, upgrade your powers and make good use of them.

It's quite simple. Just don't rush anything. I completed my first playthrough on expert and good karma.

I did the very same! :)

----

On a side note I finished yesterday my Evil play through and with that I got all trophies, something which is extremely rare for me but this game was so much fun that not a single trophy felt a chore. As soon I started the Evil Story my first choice made me guilty and regarding the ending I guess I'm much more fan of the good ending, which is no surprise for me. Either way I really liked the game, I wish Fetch could appear more, really liked her and the face animations are incredible!

I have completed the "Good" playthrough and am considering trading it in at GS. With all the trade bonuses, GS is giving $61 credit for this but it ends tomorrow. Is the "Evil" playthrough significantly better? Or is it just worth watching the cutscenes on youtube for that insane credit?

I want to get a platinum trophy with this game, how hard is playing the game on expert?

Barely anymore difficult, just... Better?

Does that make sense?

Enemies are actually making you keep moving, swapping powers and they don't appear on the radar, so you're much more in the game. I wish I'd played on Expert straight away.

NekoFever

I finished expert this morning (my first platinum!) and I liked it better. It's challenging but not annoyingly tough. You just have to use cover and be careful not to get surrounded.

Kaswa101

I have completed the "Good" playthrough and am considering trading it in at GS. With all the trade bonuses, GS is giving $61 credit for this but it ends tomorrow. Is the "Evil" playthrough significantly better? Or is it just worth watching the cutscenes on youtube for that insane credit?

Trade it if you could get $61 for it imo. The Evil playthrough isn't much different, cutscene-wise, and the gameplay is pretty similar. The ending is the only notable difference imo, but like you said, you can just watch on YouTube.

Uh, guys do you need to be connected to the internet to play a game on the PS4 for the first time? I installed the game (just bought a PS4), the tab comes up, it says start, I click it, the logo pops up, then it goes back the PS4 UI. It just says sign into PSN and view the latest information for this application.

Nevermind...now its working...whatever haha.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

If I can get a platinum on this game anyone can. Its pretty easy. I think normal mode was harder then again that was my first time playing, second time its very easy especially with the neon karma bomb

Just Platinum'd it. Felt the evil run was a little overrated. I definitely found the good story more cohesive and generally more satisfying. Even the ending fell a little flat on evil. Still, great game, and probably the first I can ever trade in guilt-free now I have milked it dry. :)

Raptor

Will put some more time tonight and I will probabbly get the Plat too, next week will get traded or not? I guess I better wait till last moment (Wolfenstein Release) and see if there is any badass DLC.

Proc

I am really not feeling the combat in this game. Hopefully the good powers come quick because I don't want this turning into a slog.

Paper trail is cool, should have just been in the game from the start and not this time release nonsense. And with how content light it is, to keep cole's legacy stuff as preorder incentive... meh.

Endo Punk

Whatever SP has planned for infamous after paper trail I just hope it's a part of Second Son instead of being standalone. Loved FOB but I thought it was pretty silly to lock out half the city for no reason.

This time I want to use whatever next they have planned in addition to the powers and whole setting in Second Son.

Trade it if you could get $61 for it imo. The Evil playthrough isn't much different, cutscene-wise, and the gameplay is pretty similar. The ending is the only notable difference imo, but like you said, you can just watch on YouTube.

Just checked, trade-in offers don't stack--wtf--so, I'll play that evil run...In a few years.

Kak.efes

So, silly question, but how do you neon push in this? I saw someone do it, and have no idea how.

To be more exact, it's the ability where you run into an enemy, or group of enemies using neon, and it throws them in the air.

So, silly question, but how do you neon push in this? I saw someone do it, and have no idea how.

To be more exact, it's the ability where you run into an enemy, or group of enemies using neon, and it throws them in the air.

There's a neon bomb (L1), but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Proxy

Hit the square button iirc.

Top Bottom