• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Yeah if you guys who got the game early could refrain from screenshots in this particular thread, that would be awesome of you. I loved seeing some, but I've had my fill and want the rest to be experienced first-hand.

General impressions would be great, however!

Yea no more screenshots, I'll be honest with you this game is hitting harder for me because I didn't know what to expect you guys should all be afforded that joy.

Also if anyone try to post a new power I will destroy you. :)

Ma-Ti.jpg

Dinjooh

They should just bump up the release date at this point, lol.

Talked with the place I preordered friday, and they weren't getting shipment before tuesday at the earliest. Since it's a worldwide release, I'm guessing they want every store to have them before releasing it to the masses.

damn... I live in CA too, paid for expedited shipping as well and still dont have it lol

I ordered mine from Cheetah and got it this morning. I live in Los Angeles and I paid for expedited shipping. Sending good vibes your copy comes today!

Really fun game so far..played about an hourish so far!

the truly scary part about how amazing infamous looks is the realization that uncharted 4 will undeniably look a lot better. And that's insane to think about.

well there's still a ceiling.

cerny said they designed the gpu so that the graphics can't look any better but devs can still pump out performance out of it. gpgpu.

As good as this game looks I can't reiterate enough about how much fun I'm having. I never really felt this type of joy with powers while playing any of the other inFamous games, beat them both, but something always lacked for me. Traversal is so much better in this because of the combination of moves you can use to get around, and again I am still on my smoke powers only, I can't stop running around and just messing shit up.

Ishan

cerny said they designed the gpu so that the graphics can't look any better but devs can still pump out performance out of it. gpgpu.

I mean the order already looks better. and the dark sorceror is on another level even with just 2 characters. So Im pretty sure we wont plateau off for a while ... jesus ps4 2nd gen games are going to be insane.

on topic
I havent played the game but ive seen enough videos and i have liked the music so far. This game seems to have a good soundtrack.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
As good as this game looks I can't reiterate enough about how much fun I'm having. I never really felt this type of joy with powers while playing any of the other inFamous games, beat them both, but something always lacked for me. Traversal is so much better in this because of the combination of moves you can use to get around, and again I am still on my smoke powers only, I can't stop running around and just messing shit up.
Oh man. If this is true for most people then this is really going to be something special.

Ezio

Mine says out for delivery but I already got my normal mail for the day. Bad mailman or screwed up tracking system?

And here I was telling my wife that I havent turned on my PS4 in weeks, and that I might sell it. This game looks so fucking great!! Does anyone know if Gamestop is running some kind of promotion where I can flip COD: Ghosts and get this on a discount? :D

Frame rate seems fine to me.

Not going to spoil anything but this game rocks. I'm guessing it's about 15 hours, since I estimate I've played for 5 or so and it's telling me I'm 33% through. I'm doing all the side stuff (collection etc) as I go.

And here I was telling my wife that I havent turned on my PS4 in weeks, and that I might sell it. This game looks so fucking great!! Does anyone know if Gamestop is running some kind of promotion where I can flip COD: Ghosts and get this on a discount? :D

assuming ghosts is the ps4 version, u can trade that in and get infamous for 29.99. Promotion ends on March 23rd...u might have to do it when the game is already out though, not sure if it works on preorders

viveks86

Not going to spoil anything but this game rocks. I'm guessing it's about 15 hours, since I estimate I've played for 5 or so and it's telling me I'm 33% through. I'm doing all the side stuff (collection etc) as I go.

What difficulty are u playing on?

Loudninja

I notice people didn't mention famerate much.

I have, it runs at a locked 30 fps from what it looks like, only noticed a few drops at random moments, not when a bunch of destruction was going on. It doesn't seem unlocked to me, but I am not the most sensitive to these types of things, but I could tell when Tomb Raider changed framerates

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Without giving anything away, how many different types of collectibles are there?

assuming ghosts is the ps4 version, u can trade that in and get infamous for 29.99. Promotion ends on March 23rd...u might have to do it when the game is already out though, not sure if it works on preorders

I went to the website and read the offer details and it doesnt mention that it does not work on pre-orders at all. I will go to the store in a while and see if they will take it (I suck at Ghosts and ever since I played Titanfall, Ghosts feels like exactly that... a Ghost town). :D

Loudninja

I have, it runs at a locked 30 fps from what it looks like, only noticed a few drops at random moments, not when a bunch of destruction was going on. It doesn't seem unlocked to me, but I am not the most sensitive to these types of things, but I could tell when Tomb Raider changed framerates

I assume its locked at 3 everything is smooth. Fought a battle with plenty of stuff going on not a drop in frame rate
Sounds great thanks.

Phew! Just got finished playing and streaming for a few hours. It's really great.
So you impressions?

Raptor

15 Hours including side missions AND collectibles?

That sounds on the low side IMO, I put 50+ hours on AC4 doing all side stuff and collectibles.

Alienous

Well, yeah. But looking at BEYOND, GOW Ascension and The Last of Us last-gen, we might not ever hit that ceiling. The only difference I'd say, due to the hardware being less complex, is that we'll reach peak graphical performance sooner than that gen. The relative lack of complexity means that we'll reach 'good' graphics sooner (Infamous: Second Son is evidence of this) and also push the console to its limit sooner. Whether the ceiling is ever hit within the next 7 years is something else entirely.

Dead

well not really...yet
Infamous has never been 50+ hours

1 and 2 average about ~18 hours if you do all sidequests and other stuff. That doesnt factor in a second playthrough either.

I don't know if this question already has been asked/answered but for the people who already have the game:

Does the city feel "alive" this time around (i.e. ambient noises, people walking around, voices giving you a feeling of that the city is bristling with people) ?

That was a big dissapointment for me in inFamous 1 and 2 so I'd love to read some impressions about that.

Top Bottom