• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Ishan

DUDE! Anything huge get spoiled?... i keep hovering my mouse over that thread but have fought the urge so far

if you dont want to get spoiled dont go in there ... one of the newer videos has pretty massive story spoilers ... and power spoilers etc have been there for a while now.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Twist: the third power is a shadow power that allows Delsin to absorb the shadows in his environment. /s

This is officially the most hyped I have ever been for a game since Uncharted 2 came out. I saw a video of the third power set in action and without spoiling anything let's just say that it makes neon look boring in comparison. Even cooler is the fact that the good and bad versions of that power are very, very different. I'm beginning to see why Sony and SP kept so much under wraps. I get the feeling that the reviews are going to be off the charts because everybody's so blown away.

I wish someone would give us an idea of how many powers are in the game total.

Not the specific powers types, but how many we can expect.

KoopaTheCasual

As good as this game looks I can't reiterate enough about how much fun I'm having. I never really felt this type of joy with powers while playing any of the other inFamous games, beat them both, but something always lacked for me. Traversal is so much better in this because of the combination of moves you can use to get around, and again I am still on my smoke powers only, I can't stop running around and just messing shit up.
I feel like this is going to be regarded like an upgraded version of Spiderman 2. The game is good, and a looker for it's time, but the real beauty is the traversal system. I haven't heard one negative about traversal yet, and after watching streams, everything seems super fluid.

I'm usually never one to ask for MP, but i feel like SP missed the ball by not having a small city race MP game. It would have been so fun to race friends in this playground.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I've seen a video of Delsin's orbital drop where the camera is behind him after he lands. I can't find it anymore. Does somebody know that video?

Oscar

NrmV8zA.png

Just got my copy, shout out to cheetahexpress on eBay!

Endo Punk

The fact SP chose to abide by the trophy data in the direction of Second Son it means we sort of have control the direction of the sequel to Second Son. I'd love everyone joins and does the evil playthrough first.

eshwaaz

Wells that is that SP are wizards.

-1080p
-Solid famerate
-Fantastic graphics
-Short loadtimes
Sure seems so, which is a surprise to me. I always thought the InFamous games looked decent, but not amazing. Second Son looks astounding. I cannot wait to experience it first hand.

tusken77

Loving all the glowing positive impressions so far, but disappointed to hear there's no HUD customisation. Sucker Punch, the playground you've created is stunningly beautiful. Please give us the option to enjoy it in all its unobstructed glory!

Dinjooh

The fact SP chose to abide by the trophy data in the direction of Second Son it means we sort of have control the direction of the sequel to Second Son. I'd love everyone joins and does the evil playthrough first.

Do you:

L2 | Save the Space Needle?

R2 | Destroy the Space Needle?

Duuurm durm duuuurm.,

Only if you never mention driving a fucking car around in inFamous threads ever again.

And then.... nope, Good always first.

Mengetsu

So now the package says delivered yet I've got nothing, this sucks. USPS is closed too :(

Yea this happened to me before as well. The mailman chose to deliver it but left me that stupid pinkslip paper in my mailbox instead of going one flight of stairs and knocking on my door to give me the package since it couldn't fin in the box. You will have to go Monday morning to pick it up.

dreamfall

Nothing stops this beanie train.

Can I ask those who've played it, is the AI still really aggressive? In both inFAMOUS 1+2 I GAF some difficulty with combat, even though it was a ton of fun. Also, is there a lot of mission variety? I just want the story to be gooood.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm very upset at all of you for getting the game early >:|||||||||||||||||||||||||

someone let me come over and play ;( any chicagoans get it early?

Ezio

Yea this happened to me before as well. The mailman chose to deliver it but left me that stupid pinkslip paper in my mailbox instead of going one flight of stairs and knocking on my door to give me the package since it couldn't fin in the box. You will have to go Monday morning to pick it up.
This is why I can't stand the post office. So even though it says delivered they should have it at the post office? They didn't leave me a pink slip or anything

Loudninja

Well I haven't played too many yet. I've been collecting a shit ton of
Blast Shards

I've upgraded pretty much all the smoke powers to maximum lol.
Ha thats awesome its cool that you can just do that.

I'm very upset at all of you for getting the game early >:|||||||||||||||||||||||||

someone let me come over and play ;( any chicagoans get it early?
Nah man this Chicago bro got to wait until Friday like some fool. :(

Top Bottom