• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

There we go - much better!

OuPPDuo.jpg

Nooooo, not that generic superhuman Cole!

wapplew

Wow this thread blew up after the screenshot thread. I'll have to wait until Friday like a normal gamer.

It's quite amazing how much opinion have changed!
First it was official one hour stream from IGN, everyone was like ok, all cool, but we've seen that before, sceptical about gameplay, same old infamous boring boring shit.
And that Game informer video, how it should played, gameplay is cool now.
so come the leak first 20 minutes gameplay, everyone say story, acting, production value, is on ND level, hype train choo choo.
Then the 3rd power leak, everyone go crazy and real screenshot with share button drop, hype train when unstoppable mode.

Mifune

Mehmber
Oh goody, the PC brigade has invaded the next-gen screenshots thread to explain to the peasants why this game really isn't that good looking.

Loudninja

Any early impressions?
HOLY SHIT. This game. This game.

Sucker Punch has completely shattered my expectations.

I can't believe I'm playing an Infamous game.

Seriously the story, sound, graphics, gameplay etc. are all fucking amazing.

If anyone wants to know something specific let me know.
Ok. Seriously, guys the movement in this game is perfect. I can see why, they kept on showing off the DS4. This game and the DS4 are a match made in heaven. Nothing feels floaty with Delsin's movement. Everything is precise. Seriously, this kinda movement can be translated into a platformer.

Edit: Kinda disappointed Delsin's clothes don't seem to get wet when I get into the water and get out ala Uncharted.
Agreed... amazing acting and pretty engrossing. Frame rate has been rock solid and IQ is excellent.

have you found the audio logs? Hints at some pretty cool stuff.

Only drawback I can think of is the side missions seem a bit pedestrian.
As good as this game looks I can't reiterate enough about how much fun I'm having. I never really felt this type of joy with powers while playing any of the other inFamous games, beat them both, but something always lacked for me. Traversal is so much better in this because of the combination of moves you can use to get around, and again I am still on my smoke powers only, I can't stop running around and just messing shit up.

The smoke powers seem more of the same, really. As in pretty similar to electricity from the first two, so I'm hoping once I get more I get tons more variety.

Honestly, I only have a few complaints right now. One being that the HUD is unnecessarily huge and there's no way to make it smaller or less obstructive. Another is there's so much talking and you can't really do much until said talking is done, since they give you an objective... makes it really slow.

Overall though, I'm loving this. I can't believe I had second thoughts a month ago. It looks fantastic, the voice acting is great, it's open world at its best. And yeah, like Neuromancer said, it can be a little tough at times on Normal.

KoopaTheCasual

Is it ok if I x-post the last batch of Infamous screens from the screenshot thread? They're not spoiler-ish, but feature one new vista that's absolutely jaw-dropping.

i-Lo

Would anyone dare speculate as to what the industry standard Day 1 patch may contain?

Edit: Not to take anything away from inF3; however, inF2 looks great even to this day whilst being a substantial step ahead of inF1 and that comparison in the last page is unjust given it's not comparing apples to apples pertaining to scenery.

Who remembers the big jump from inFAMOUS 1 to inFAMOUS 2 in terms of graphics?

This game looks epic, and I seriously wonder what Sucker Punch's next game on the PS4 will look like...Also I can't believe they got this level of graphic fidelity on an open world game. Just...WOW.

finally we are getting some good lighting rendering this gen.

this for me is what always lacked in those many uber-realistic games. the lighting does not shine (no pun intended) with the hardware from last-gen.

especially realistic-looking daylight. daylight in games are so badly-represented. not bad, but it's sorely lacking.

imperium

You have got top be kidding me.

Got my Cheetah Ebay copy this morning. Game installs but wont get past the loading screen. The blu ray drive just sits making a valiant attempt to read the disk.. Disk doesn't look damaged but it was floating around in the case when I received it. Tested all my other games to make sure it wasn't my ps4.

EDIT: Well, I'll be damned. Made another attempt and after around 2 minutes of disk thrashing it loaded. Started to play the game & had the video stop but audio continue during the 1st cut scene. Quite the game & restarted. Patch installed and the game has been fine ever since. Not sure if I should contact the seller for another copy. I guess I'll see if I have any other issues this weekend.

Shadownet

Banned
It is sad that I'm about to go into work in an hour, will be surrounded by video games, Second Son is probably already in store. Yet I can't play it yet, :( soooo sad. I can touch it!

Maybe i can ask the boss if I can bring home my copy early.

DrBo42

Got my Cheetah Ebay copy this morning. Game installs but wont get past the loading screen. The blu ray drive just sits making a valiant attempt to read the disk.. Disk doesn't look damaged but it was floating around in the case when I received it. Tested all my other games to make sure it wasn't my ps4.

Fuck. :(

sunnz

Forgot about remote play, NICE.

Does the game have any second screen element to it, like can the vita be used as a minimap?

KoopaTheCasual

The second picture we have already seen in this thread in the pop-up comparison, and the first picture is well kind of non spoilery boring.
It's ok, I removed them anyway. If you want to see them, they're all in the next-gen screenshot thread. So far nothing really spoiler-y has been posted in that thread, either.

Is it ok if I x-post the last batch of Infamous screens from the screenshot thread? They're not spoiler-ish, but feature one new vista that's absolutely jaw-dropping.

i say go for it. some people want to see some nice pics but not go into the spoiler thread. everyone will forget about it once they play the game anyways.

Raw Deal dude
Raw%2BDeal%2B6.JPG

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This week is gonna be fukin ROUGH ... i need this game inside of my brain.

Just gotta say ... i know SP wanted to keep this game entirely under wraps and they are saying "it saddens us" and "please understand keep secrets so dissapoint" and all that jazz but you know... KNOW... there was at least one meeting at some point this afternoon where a PR manager or community organizational team lead came into a big conference room with all the senior staff and was like...
"Look at fucking GAF right now. Look at this fucking front page. We knocked this shit out of the park."

I don't care what they say on their official facebook page or whatever - they poppin corks in Seattle i'm sure of it!! With reason. Grats SP team! ( i know you're watching )

Ezio

That's as bad as my copy being "delivered" but not actually getting it. Sorry man

Top Bottom