• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

LNhBGh5.jpg

screambig.gif

I gave in and imported it for £36 from Video Games Plus. Numerous Second Son-related threads made it impossible not to in the end. Now I just hope I don't have to wait too long for it to get here - I still know so little about the game and want it to stay that way.

beast786

I gave in and imported it for £36 from Video Games Plus. Numerous Second Son-related threads made it impossible not to in the end. Now I just hope I don't have to wait too long for it to get here - I still know so little about the game and want it to stay that way.

Your beanie won't be disappointed

Kyoufu

Usually takes 4-5 days to arrive. I would rather get the digital version from the US store on day one.

Loving it. Absolutely loving it.

I just
climbed the space needle
so I'm still early on but its breathtaking visually and oh yeah it has the gameplay to back up the visuals. The controls are a tad floaty off the bat and climbing doesn't feel quite as solid as it did in previous games but traversal is even better. Using double smoke dashes into gliding my way through the city if fun.

Combat starts off fine and just gets better as you acquire new powers and ways to decimate the DUP. The amount of environmental destruction possible is pretty impressive considering the visuals on display and I just enjoy leveling an entire DUP checkpoint using the orbital drop.

Production wise this is on another level over the last two games. You still get the comic book panel art for certain sequences but the voice acting performances, cutscenes and general pacing of the story are superb. Seriously "Last of Us" tier in many ways. The face capture is killer!

I'm looking forward to digging in more tonight.

Oh I'm going to break my share button with this game. Some pics (share button compression though):

Your beanie won't be disappointed

Fingers crossed! I thought inFamous 2 was a vast improvement over the first game, and I can't see Second Son being anything less than an improvement over 2.

Usually takes 4-5 days to arrive. I would rather get the digital version from the US store on day one.

That's how long a previous order took to arrive from them - about 5 or 6 days, which is pretty good. But I'm sure delivery times can vary greatly, so I hope I don't get unlucky.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Used them before? Are they trustworthy/quick to deliver? I live in UK and some of those prices on PS4 games are very tempting.

Already got this pre-ordered in a PS4 bundle so it'd be other games like Arkham Knight for £33

beast786

I just
climbed the space needle
so I'm still early on but its breathtaking visually and oh yeah it has the gameplay to back up the visuals. The controls are a tad floaty off the bat and climbing doesn't feel quite as solid as it did in previous games but traversal is even better. Using double smoke dashes into gliding my way through the city if fun.

Combat starts off fine and just gets better as you acquire new powers and ways to decimate the DUP. The amount of environmental destruction possible is pretty impressive considering the visuals on display and I just leveling an entire DUP checkpoint using the orbital drop.

Production wise this is on another level over the last two games. You still get the comic book panel art for certain sequences but the voice acting performances, cutscenes and general pacing of the story are superb. Seriously "Last of Us" tier in many ways. The face capture is superb!

Oh I'm going to break my share button with this game. Some pics (share button compression though):

that is exactly how I have been feeling while playing. literally every single point you made. The only other is I I do get a random shutter of frame rate , not during action scene but just running around the city

Soi-Fong

that is exactly how I have been feeling while playing. literally every single point you made. The only other is I I do get a random shutter of frame rate , not during action scene but just running around the city

Same. Its real random. Not often, but it happens. Its not bad though lasts less than half a second.

Hope the patch during release alleviates it.

Used them before? Are they trustworthy/quick to deliver? I live in UK and some of those prices on PS4 games are very tempting.

Already got this pre-ordered in a PS4 bundle so it'd be other games like Arkham Knight for £33

I've used them once before and they got me the game through the letterbox in about 6 days. They have a good reputation as far as I know; I actually found out about the site from members here, so I'm sure there are plenty of gaffers who can vouch for it.

Oh and remember, the total cost will be £36-37 when you include the delivery charge.

Loved infamous 1, never got to play 2 for whatever reasons. But this is looking fantastic, the visuals really delivered on their early reveals. I kinda feel like I should play 2 first though...

I just
climbed the space needle

Combat starts off fine and just gets better as you acquire new powers and ways to decimate the DUP. The amount of environmental destruction possible is pretty impressive considering the visuals on display and I just enjoy leveling an entire DUP checkpoint using the orbital drop.

Production wise this is on another level over the last two games. You still get the comic book panel art for certain sequences but the voice acting performances, cutscenes and general pacing of the story are superb. Seriously "Last of Us" tier in many ways. The face capture is killer!

FEED US MOAR

human_cereal_bowl-85039.gif

Lashley

I've used them once before and they got me the game through the letterbox in about 6 days. They have a good reputation as far as I know; I actually found out about the site from members here, so I'm sure there are plenty of gaffers who can vouch for it.

Oh and remember, the total cost will be £36-37 when you included the delivery charge.

Yeah it is, thanks :)

Works out cheaper than UK prices, are all PS4 games RF?

Yeah it is, thanks :)

Works out cheaper than UK prices, are all PS4 games RF?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that it's significantly cheaper to import from the US, including delivery costs. We're really getting gypped in the UK right now where new-gen retail is concerned.

RF? Region free? If that's what you mean then yes, all PS4 games are region free. If memory serves, the only game on the PS3 that was region locked was Persona 4 Arena, and that was due to Atlus' shystie shenanigans.

Lashley

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that it's significantly cheaper to import from the US, including delivery costs. We're really getting gypped in the UK right now where new-gen retail is concerned.

RF? Region free? If that's what you mean then yes, all PS4 games are region free. If memory serves, the only game on the PS3 that was region locked was Persona 4 Arena, and that was due to Atlus' shystie shenanigans.

Yeah I meant region free. Thanks again for your help :)

Is that the best site/cheapest for importing PS4 games to UK?

Majmun

Wait, how is this game looking so good all of a sudden?

Can't believe this is a launch-window game, and open world...

It looks really, REALLY good.

Top Bottom