• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Woooo

1654527_10152291674184630_228409728_o.jpg

1669787_10152291676064630_767353481_o.jpg

credit to drbo42

ib29OCsi3gZd6j.gif

DNAbro

Wait, how is this game looking so good all of a sudden?

Can't believe this is a launch-window game, and open world...

It looks really, REALLY good.

It wasn't an all of the sudden, game looked great since announcement, it's just one of the few that also looks great when it actually launches. *cough cough* watch_doges*cough coug*

Majmun

It wasn't an all of the sudden, game looked great since announcement, it's just one of the few that also looks great when it actually launches. *cough cough* watch_doges*cough coug*

I dunno. Haven't really folowed the game that much. But I remember the first footage that I saw looking rather bland.

Everything looks so much better now, Especially the colors and lighting.

Doc Evils

I think I'm going to buy a new TV for this game.

Like I said before, Second Son will be this generations Gears of War graphical show piece that attracts people to the console.

sjay1994

Its time like these when I hate friday releases.

Sure I get to have a lot more time playing the game on the weekend...

But I have to wait 1 more week to get it.

imperium

It's funny, the game is incredibility gorgeous but one of the 1st things I noticed was how he didn't leave footprints in the sand and there's no interaction with puddles. I guess as games get more realistic, it makes small things stand out a little more.

Yeah I meant region free. Thanks again for your help :)

Is that the best site/cheapest for importing PS4 games to UK?

I think so, but I'm not certain. I used to use a site called Planet Axel for my importing needs. It was cheaper than VGP and had a guaranteed way of avoiding custom charges, but it went bankrupt a while back and closed down. Miss that site.

Woooo

1654527_10152291674184630_228409728_o.jpg

1669787_10152291676064630_767353481_o.jpg

credit to drbo42

It really does make you wonder what sorcery devs will be able to pull off with the PS4 in five years time.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think so, but I'm not certain. I used to use a site called Planet Axel for my importing needs. It was cheaper than VGP and had a guaranteed way of avoiding custom charges, but it went bankrupt a while back and closed down. Miss that site.

Ah, still cheap though so will definitely be using it!

Isn't it? I hope I'll get some news from one game shop here about Infamous SS arrival. They told me it might available tomorrow or day after.

Where do you live? Usually Tokyo Games follow official street dates, but I'm sure places like Al8r9an (If you live in Riyadh) have some early copies.

Jedi2016

Curse me for buying from normal-retailer Amazon. Two-day shipping and all, but I figure the best I can hope for is to have it in-hand on Friday when I get home from work.

So gaiz I never played an infamous game. I previously owned a 360. I bought a ps4 since day one and was wondering will there be a story line that I need to understand, and what other games resemble this type of genre? I just want a new game to play on the ps4.

Remember how hyped we all were before Shadow Fall came out?

Lets keep our expectations in check, just to be safe.

Looks incredible! But... patience.

Atlas157

So gaiz I never played an infamous game. I previously owned a 360. I bought a ps4 since day one and was wondering will there be a story line that I need to understand, and what other games resemble this type of genre? I just want a new game to play on the ps4.

You can get into Second Son without worrying about story. There might be some references but other than that there's no connections to the previous games.

DrBo42

Hilarious to come back in here and see my screenshots posted. I'm going full photo-nerd in my playthrough. My poor facebook friends.

Ploid 3.0

I doubt you would need it since this is a totally new story. Think Uncharted to Last of Us. Sure they may add DLC that serves as fan service to Infamous 1 and 2 with a playable Cole or something (maybe lightning powers?) but this isn't a sequel in the sense that it picks up from a previous story.

I would say you can read a wiki summary of the first two games and you'll probably be good. This one seems to be almost a reboot in many ways, so you should be just fine. Gameplay wise, its a super-hero open world game so I guess some semi-similar games would be Crack Down, Saint's Row 4.

Of course not. It's Second Son, not inFamous 3.

Hilarious to come back in here and see my screenshots posted. I'm going full photo-nerd in my playthrough. My poor facebook friends.

Does it let you capture screenshots of cutscenes? If so, you should try and post some like talking to fetch or the levels that have been shown so far (no spoilers) that would be great! Also, nice shots.

Sweet Ivy

Delsin is cute, but I also think there seems to be more behind that cute face. All in all he looks more "soulful" than Cole, we'll see about it.

I, for one, will soon wear a Delsin beanie in RL too :p (finally got a replacement for the LBP one!)

Top Bottom