• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread May 2013: Another board thread, now with 4X the backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonko_C

Question for Groove Coaster Zero players: are the unlockable tracks "missable" somehow? I was checking the ranking list and there is a track listed as "Tutorial Completion Reward". The track in question is called Streetwalker and I've already unlocked up to the Lv 11 song. Could it be that if I didn't claim the unlocked song in the store I missed it out? There is no way of replaying the tutorial that I know of.

I even deleted the app, cache and everything, when reinstalled it automatically unlocks everything I had up to that point, purchases included, except for scores.

Megasoum

Banned
Sorry. I say what I can. I let people know specific dates when they would get star command news, etc. In this instance, I can't say more.

There's just an emerging pattern of big ports coming to iOS. 2013 is the year. XCOm, Baldur's Gate, Gemini Rue, Frozen Synapse, etc. are just the start.

It's a Fast and Furious game isn't it? Admit it!

Keasar

Fun, accidentally pushed the Matchmaking button in Frozen Synapse and gets paired against a opponent. His Global Rank, 71. Mine, 13765.

Got obliterated.

Wasn't much fun.

Hmmmm.
Sorry I didn't understand what you meant exactly.
Another publisher locked an exclusivity to port the game on another platform, or do you mean another dev will make the port (as long it's done properly I won't mind)?

Another platform entirely, and exclusively.

*whistles*

No, it's both iPad and iPhone, with iCloud sync :)
Personally I played just the iPad version, and it looks GLORIOUS.
Okay, this sounds awesome.

This also gives me hope for the eventual multiplayer to support local network play between iDevices over Bluetooth or Wifi. I loved this option in TTR and would really love to see it in more games.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

This also gives me hope for the eventual multiplayer to support local network play between iDevices over Bluetooth or Wifi. I loved this option in TTR and would really love to see it in more games.

Don't count on this until WHQ 2. Rodeo Games is notorious for promising features post-launch and not delivering them until their next game. Two past examples: SP campaign in Hunters 1 being delivered in Hunters 2 and iCloud saves in Hunters 2 being delivered upon in WHQ. There was even talks of Hunters 2 getting multiplayer at one stage.

PittaGAF

I wouldn't count on it...certainly not soon.
IF it ever happens, it will be imho in a new product.

I wouldn't count on it...certainly not soon.
IF it ever happens, it will be imho in a new product.

Don't count on this until WHQ 2. Rodeo Games is notorious for promising features post-launch and not delivering them until their next game. Two past examples: SP campaign in Hunters 1 being delivered in Hunters 2 and iCloud saves in Hunters 2 being delivered upon in WHQ. There was even talks of Hunters 2 getting multiplayer at one stage.
I was basing an eventual MP on dev quotes but yeah, as you guys pointed out, it wouldn't be the first time they announced a feature only to deliver it in their next game.

Welp, still very interested in this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was giving alternatives to Vita since the post I was quoting didn't seem to think Vita was it.

Sorry, didn't pay attention to the quoted post. The Wii U tablet would definitely work well for FTL but it's Nintendo so I wouldn't bet on it. I guess we'll find out soon.

PittaGAF

I was basing an eventual MP on dev quotes but yeah, as you guys pointed out, it wouldn't be the first time they announced a feature only to deliver it in their next game.

Welp, still very interested in this.

Belive me, it is a fantastic game with ton of content, even without mp; they really took great steps to give a great single player experience.
For MP they would have to change too many things IMHO...that's why I think it could be another product.

weirdly enough, KOTOR and the sequel controlled like shit on pc. Was definitely designed for xbox in mind. Luckily combat is all done paused.

Wonder how they would translate to ipad.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
'Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon' Coming to iOS and PC in Early 2014

http://toucharcade.com/2013/05/21/s...rmageddon-coming-to-ios-and-pc-in-early-2014/

Back in March it was announced that Games Workshop was teaming up with Slitherine to bring a then-unspecified Warhammer game to PC and mobile, and today the developers have released the first concrete information on the upcoming title. Officially titled Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, the hex-based turn-based strategy title will take place in the "Battle for Armageddon" setting in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is slated for a Q1 2014 launch, so settle in and expect much more on this title as we draw closer to then.

Was this the modern hit Justin was hinting about?

chris121580

Late to the party but I'm loving Survival Craft especially playing in creative mode where you have infinite supplies and don't have to worry about crafting anything. I'm all about building and not crafting so this works very well for me

Zeliard

So I've been strongly considering checking out either Avadon or Avernum on my iPad 4. As I understand it, they are locked on the iPad at a resolution of 1280x768, so the main thing holding me back is the prospect of reading a lot of fairly blurry text.

At the same time, I've been quite intrigued to try out a CRPG-style game on an iPad and see how it works out, as along with adventure games, it seems like a natural fit for the platform (for turn-based games, at least). I'd go with Baldur's Gate EE but I've already purchased Baldur's Gate like three times over. I haven't played the Avernum games in ages (and Avadon at all), so I'm curious about those. Quality-wise I know they're worth it, and I don't need user mods for those games, but I'm not sure about the text and UI resolution.

igor

I hope it's not too late for a question, but I started playing Star Command and at the beginning I really liked it but now the game is just so damn easy and repetitive, to the point I think maybe The game I am playing is broken or something.

I am
at the point where I'm supposed to rescue Earth after fighting off the ants attack
and so far the only battle where I had to fight off the enemies off my ship was the early Zombie one - my shields never got breached as they always refill and all I do is reload the weapons and get weapon tokens before destroying the enemy. Does it get more challenging? Am I overpowered?

Sorry if this question was asked before...

Overall could be lot of fun, I love the retro Amiga game (?) vibe this game has but gets so repetitive and is way too simple

PFD

So I've been strongly considering checking out either Avadon or Avernum on my iPad 4. As I understand it, they are locked on the iPad at a resolution of 1280x768, so the main thing holding me back is the prospect of reading a lot of fairly blurry text.

At the same time, I've been quite intrigued to try out a CRPG-style game on an iPad and see how it works out, as along with adventure games, it seems like a natural fit for the platform (for turn-based games, at least). I'd go with Baldur's Gate EE but I've already purchased Baldur's Gate like three times over. I haven't played the Avernum games in ages (and Avadon at all), so I'm curious about those. Quality-wise I know they're worth it, and I don't need user mods for those games, but I'm not sure about the text and UI resolution.

I played Avadon just fine on my retina iPad. Yeah, the text can be annoying initially, but you'll forget about it fast. I love that game.

I still checked the old threads but if anyone can list me some good games that came out in the past 3 months or so i would be grateful. For Iphone please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom