• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread May 2013: Another board thread, now with 4X the backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
iOS is getting a couple of huge ports within the next few weeks. One all-time classic, one modern hit.

Sorry, can't offer any hints.

Just exciting to see iOS not be treated as some segregated games platform. In a year or two the library will look just like Steam of Xbox, but with all the usual iOS indie hotness.

*Steam or Xbox, smartasses :p

SteveWD40

iOS is getting a couple of huge ports within the next few weeks. One all-time classic, one modern hit.

Just exciting to see iOS not be treated as some segregated games platform. In a year or two the library will look just like Steam of Xbox, but with all the usual iOS indie hotness.

Released within the next few weeks or just announced?

Pretty certain you are not supposed to talk about that until tomorrow :p

Ports? Let us hope for FTL for modern and ... FF6 for classic. That would do me.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Mario what's the secret to getting a good time in the Turbo Racing League contest? I can't get more than 2:40, and there are people with 2:20 times on there. Are those legit? o_O

We can identify bogus scores and have been reviewing and expunging stuff as we go (if it isn't deleted automatically). So if any score lasts for more than a few days it is legit.

In terms of your performance, you get a speed boost for doing up to 3 stunts in the air. Is that something you have been doing? We don't communicate very well around it in game.

For those mentioning "completing" Robot Unicorn Attack 2, more content, gameplay and challenges are coming down the pipe.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Did Capcom forget they were releasing Phoenix Wright over here?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh, I missed an announcement...awesome I guess!

dream

Is it Snatcher? Is it Snatcher?!

"Hey guys! I know more than you do! Look at me!!"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Sorry. I say what I can. I let people know specific dates when they would get star command news, etc. In this instance, I can't say more.

There's just an emerging pattern of big ports coming to iOS. 2013 is the year. XCOm, Baldur's Gate, Gemini Rue, Frozen Synapse, etc. are just the start.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just wondering, did you remote wipe your Mini, so that your Apple ID is safe and that iMessages and whatnot don't go to it still.

I'd also advocate for Apple's Two-Step authentication for Apple IDs: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570

Got everything done already, thanks tho! :)
I'm rocking my gf iPod with all of my Apple IDs linked to it, she basically handed it to me since she hardly uses it.
I've also already gotten a replacement for my 3G card, same number and everything thanks to Vodafone blocking/subs program.

PittaGAF

Glory day. Just found out that Warhammer Quest has been submitted. Curious considering the lack of press but I guess embargoes should end soon enough. What's the turnover these days?

Eityer way I, for one, can't wait. So damn hyped. Commence hype train, woo woooooo. Who's with me?

Where did you hear it?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Got everything done already, thanks tho! :)
I'm rocking my gf iPod with all of my Apple IDs linked to it, she basically handed it to me since she hardly uses it.
I've also already gotten a replacement for my 3G card, same number and everything thanks to Vodafone blocking/subs program.
Just FYI. iMessages are still tied to old devices unless you put your 3G card in another device and turn them off, the old device is wiped or lastly removed from your ID via Apple. If you registered the Mini with Apple you can unregister it (thus disabling imessages going to it) via the support website.

krYlon

FF6 and Legend of Grimrock.

Anyone know if leaderboards will ever go back up for Ziggurat? The app hasn't been updated since it returned last year and it seems to have been abandoned by the devs :(

PittaGAF

Dev twitter. Price/release date in the next week-ish.

Well...that I know...but they never told explicitly they submitted (or probably I just read wrongly the original post due to my poor English).
Not last week at least...it was taken as a given they did if they are starting shelling out infos about pricing...but they could do like they did with characters...and go on for weeks :D
(I'm not saying they didn't...I was just curious if I missed an official statement about submission).

Anyway...despite having already played more than 55 hours, I'm still very excited :p

PittaGAF

Developed in secret? interesting. Has either of them even been hinted at (like FTL has)?

As much as I want FTL on my iPad (I find Star Command fun but it's a very different game) I was under the impression FTL dev was pretty uninterested in hurrying up with a port.
Maybe I'm wrong but he recently stated it was all still up in the air and probably he would give the port to an external dev.

I really wish I'm wrong tough.

colinp

Banned
Well...that I know...but they never told explicitly they submitted (or probably I just read wrongly the original post due to my poor English).
Not last week at least...it was taken as a given they did if they are starting shelling out infos about pricing...but they could do like they did with characters...and go on for weeks :D
(I'm not saying they didn't...I was just curious if I missed an official statement about submission).

Anyway...despite having already played more than 55 hours, I'm still very excited :p

I never would have thought your weren't a native English speaker! Where are you from?

PittaGAF

Well....as soon as I posted it's not official yet....I read this :)))

Thanks! Yes it's in review with Apple. We'll let you know as soon as we figure out a release date.

(Rodeo Games)

03sho

Are there any games available on iOS that are decision based? Like Telltales walking dead how it depends on the decisions you make.

Are there any not so popular ones for mobile that use the same mechanics?

Zia

I wish Playdek weren't so quiet on Agricola. I got a lovely new mattress set and need an excuse to lay in bed all day long.

DRZ

Are there any games available on iOS that are decision based? Like Telltales walking dead how it depends on the decisions you make.

Are there any not so popular ones for mobile that use the same mechanics?

Steve Jackson's Sorcery should be like that.

As much as I want FTL on my iPad (I find Star Command fun but it's a very different game) I was under the impression FTL dev was pretty uninterested in hurrying up with a port.
Maybe I'm wrong but he recently stated it was all still up in the air and probably he would give the port to an external dev.

I really wish I'm wrong tough.

From what I've been told by somebody who knows, there is no FTL iOS port - another publisher has locked up exclusivity to it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Well....as soon as I posted it's not official yet....I read this :)))

Thanks! Yes it's in review with Apple. We'll let you know as soon as we figure out a release date.

(Rodeo Games)

I'm hurt that you would doubt me. ;)

Time to freak out!

I wish Playdek weren't so quiet on Agricola. I got a lovely new mattress set and need an excuse to lay in bed all day long.

It surely can't be much longer. The submission was announced on the 11th, unless they plan it to go out with the new releases.

PittaGAF

From what I've been told by somebody who knows, there is no FTL iOS port - another publisher has locked up exclusivity to it.

Hmmmm.
Sorry I didn't understand what you meant exactly.
Another publisher locked an exclusivity to port the game on another platform, or do you mean another dev will make the port (as long it's done properly I won't mind)?

PittaGAF

I'm hurt that you would doubt me. ;)

Time to freak out!

Eheheheheheh!!!
To be fair I didn't doubt you, I thought I just missed an email or the official statement!!!

Anyway...can't wait for the game to land on the AppStore...I want more expansions :p

got uplink on ipad because of bombcast mention lol. Surprisingly good port even if the buttons are tiny.

I really do feel like a movie hacker now!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
How does that work, it being a landscape oriented app?
Why would landscape apps have problems with iCade? You never heard of people playing things like Metal Slug with it? Just see the Blazing Star video in the op.

RedSwirl

Found this free game (no IAP) called Fairune that came out back in March.

Very simple Zelda 1-style game that I think does a good job of capturing the mystery involved with exploring environments that LoZ does. It let's you wander around and slowly discover things for yourself.

With any luck insurance will come through with my replacement iPad on Thursday. More excited for the iPad then my gaming laptop! Been a long 2 months.

Bonus is it looks like my iPad is getting replaced with a current gen, instead of another iPad 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom