• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I'm not completely sure BTW is on the album to be honest. Pitchfork called it that, but why release BTW for sale if the album is that close?
Yeah that's what I've been pondering too. It kind of explains why the video was completed in such a tight deadline - they couldn't really fit on the album but they really liked it so release it with a video to do it justice.

ant1532

Banned
New song is VERY weak. String section sure sounds nice but it's old and redundant at this point.

Music video was great though. Singles from TKOL were more hype and better overall

Thom Yorkes vocal delivery is beyond old at this point. Change it up guy

Jocund

Lotus Flower was the single, but I think it came out the day before the album.

Think it was same day. Definitely wasn't a paid single since it was just a youtube upload.

Daily Mail / Staircase after.

They did a music video for Lotus Flower but it wasn't actually released as a single. There were no traditional singles for TKOL.

Well shoot, I dunno. It seems weird to have a single for sale if we're close to a release. Unless Burn the Witch isn't on the new album, like some others said.

I just want LP9, guys.

The Argus

Typical Radiohead experience here.

At first I sorta hated it.

Listened later on my hi-fi.

Listened maybe 5 more times.

Now I'm obsessed. Very much Hail To The Thief styled song. I'll never get my The Bends or OK Computer Radiohead back, but this does just fine.

A-V-B

Typical Radiohead experience here.

At first I sorta hated it.

Listened later on my hi-fi.

Listened maybe 5 more times.

Now I'm obsessed. Very much Hail To The Thief styled song. I'll never get my The Bends or OK Computer Radiohead back, but this does just fine.

In Rainbows was a slight receding back into OKC Radiohead, at least. Not The Bends, though. The days of High and Dry are lonnnnng gone.

Xun

It does seem strange to charge for something that could potentially release a few days later with a full album.

It doesn't seem like something Radiohead would do.

cabot

It's not long till the festival dates start, right?

Seeing them at Primavera in a month but thats not the first date.

I can't see them touring with a single new song.

SamVimes

It's not long till the festival dates start, right?

Seeing them at Primavera in a month but thats not the first date.

I can't see them touring with a single new song.

Hey man, I'm seeing them at primavera too! Their first date is may 20 I believe.

Xun

Never? They always master the digital/CD versions like that. If you want audiophile mixing, you gotta wait for the vinyl to drop.
It is a bit strange.

Sometimes compressing things in such a manner is great artistically, but it does seem weird that Radiohead partake in it.

Blader

I would be pretty surprised if BTW was just a one-off and not actually part of the album. With the tour two weeks away and the album seemingly/hopefully just around the corner, it seems weird that their first song out of the gate would be something not on the record at all. And why rush to get that video done by a certain time if it wasn't part of it?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, getting some serious KID A vibes from this.....0__0

Kid B?!?!

Yeah. Warp Records sprang to mind, so you might not be far off. Combined with Burn The Witch's sound... we could be for an eclectic treat!

man i just got home from a night of turning up and when i finally start to sleep instagram notifies me of that video.

how the fuck do I sleep now?

Go To Sleep. Or take some Melatonin.

I'm sorry.

Jakoo

New song is VERY weak. String section sure sounds nice but it's old and redundant at this point.

Music video was great though. Singles from TKOL were more hype and better overall

Thom Yorkes vocal delivery is beyond old at this point. Change it up guy

As a standalone single, I think it's kind of forgettable. However, in the context of an album I think it can be good. In terms of getting me hyped for a new Radiohead album, it definitely did the trick, but then again just about any scraps they throw me would do the job equally as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom