• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

cosmicblizzard said:
Zack
at the Coliseum was a fun fight. His damn
omnislash
kept killing me so it took me a few times.
Yeah his fight and the two Ive had with that dude in the mask have been the best battles in the game. I wish there was a lot more 1 on 1 sword battles.

One question about getting the secret movie in standard mode, do you need the report at 100 % with each character or is enough with only one character?.

DarkKyo

Rahxephon91 said:
Yeah his fight and the two Ive had with that dude in the mask have been the best battles in the game. I wish there was a lot more 1 on 1 sword battles.

I also love the
Braig
and
Eraqus
fights. :D Good 1v1s!

Seda

All the
Vanitas
(not really a spoiler, but just in case) fights are awesome. Having a great battle theme helps too.

Quick OT question, is there any correlation whatsoever between this game and 358/2 Days? Should I play it first? I've had it in my backlog for a while, but I've got BBS sitting here as well.

xero273

Valkyr Junkie said:
Quick OT question, is there any correlation whatsoever between this game and 358/2 Days? Should I play it first? I've had it in my backlog for a while, but I've got BBS sitting here as well.

The story is before the first KH. You can play BBS first.

Valkyr Junkie said:

No, not really, aside from a single, largely throwaway scene in 358/2, BbS is not referenced at all there.

Jerk

Banned
Seda said:
All the
Vanitas
(not really a spoiler, but just in case) fights are awesome. Having a great battle theme helps too.

It would have been nice to fight him had he not been such a pushover.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
If some of you complaining about the button mappings are on CFW, check out the MacroFire plug-in. You can customize your buttonsmto your (Kingdom) heart's content.

Apologies for the terrible joke.

Rahxephon91 said:

I thought you hated the series?

About 65% done with Aqua's story. Getting my 3 files ready to farm prize pods for Ice Cream ingredients X_X

Magnega
Magnega
Mega Flare
Mega Flare
Mega Flare

Should be enough to kill the prize pods before they run away.

ExtraKr1spy said:
About 65% done with Aqua's story. Getting my 3 files ready to farm prize pods for Ice Cream ingredients X_X

Magnega
Magnega
Mega Flare
Mega Flare
Mega Flare

Should be enough to kill the prize pods before they run away.
I thought you want to hit them as many times as possible rather than just straight up killing them.

Tucah

you speak so well
Just finished Ven's story, just have Aqua left. Loved Ven's, a lot better than Terra's - gameplay was more fun and the story was more fleshed out. The final battle was way too easy though :\

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Pff, still can't find game, sold out =(

Anyhow I do have a question: After you finish with one character, do you often see the same cutscenes with other characters (when they meet)?

Frostburn

Argh, game looks great and I'd love to play it but all I have is a PSPGo. I feel like I'm being punished for owning the newest hardware and not being able to play all my PSP games on it... sigh, back to Dragonquest for DS I guess.

*Thinking about trying to buy an older used PSP, should I?

rinker

Fimbulvetr said:

Thanks! So I have a question about that -
Ansem the wise supposedly had pure intentions of the heartless research he was doing then right? But didn't at least Braig know that Xehanort was bad news? So why did they take him in?

Also how do you unlock this 'final episode'? Is that what you get when you find all of the reports? And why the hell did meteor shower do so much damage in that video? lol

Peff

Kingsora said:
Pff, still can't find game, sold out =(

Anyhow I do have a question: After you finish with one character, do you often see the same cutscenes with other characters (when they meet)?

The beginning, middle and start of the ending of each character has the same cutscene for all of them, but the events that lead to and from there are different. Then there are a few cutscenes that are the same for two characters but those rarely happen.

rinker said:
Thanks! So I have a question about that -
Ansem the wise supposedly had pure intentions of the heartless research he was doing then right? But didn't at least Braig know that Xehanort was bad news? So why did they take him in?

Also how do you unlock this 'final episode'? Is that what you get when you find all of the reports? And why the hell did meteor shower do so much damage in that video? lol

Braig was one of Xehanort's underlings, so he probably wanted him close. Ansem had no idea about Terra being actually Terranort until it was too late. Also, yep, the last episode is the reward for finishing the game and collecting all the reports

About to head to
Destiny Islands.
Interesting how
Terra was the reason Riku was supposed to be the original keyblade master

CryptiK

cosmicblizzard said:
About to head to
Destiny Islands.
Interesting how
Terra was the reason Riku was supposed to be the original keyblade master
Its also ironic how Terra isnt really a Keyblade Master

xKilltheMx said:
Yeah yours has been doing the same to me for a while. Back when you had the mario face on it was okay, but now shit is weird. lol
At least I have the matching tag.

:)

I'm about halfway through Terra's campaign and I've kind of stopped. I should get back on that.

Part way into Ven's story:(spoilers)

Was a bit surprised when Micky showed up during the fight with Vanitas, I was expecting someone to save him but didn't know who. I had pretty much forgotten about Micky with playing through Terra's story. Anyways Vanitas is bit of a bitch to fight but I think I'm a bit underlevelled and I haven't done any melding yet lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Cleared Wonderland in KH1 last night, and will be moving on to the Deep Jungle. I'm also 16 or 17 days into 358/2. Wonderland was as awful as I remembered, and so far, the DS game is nowhere near as bad as I had heard.

Gonna get myself caught up and ready for BbS, this time. I can feel it! Hahaha!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So you actually went on with the plan of playing 358/2 on the side. Good luck on not getting fed up with it, I like the game but it's seriously a borefest sometimes. :lol

Fuu said:
So you actually went on with the plan of playing 358/2 on the side. Good luck on not getting fed up with it, I like the game but it's seriously a borefest sometimes. :lol

Think of it this way; it'll make the taste of BBS even sweeter for him.

Diablos54

So after finishing Aqua's story last night, and watching the secret movie, I have no reservations in saying that BbS is the best KH yet, which I must say I wasn't expecting at all. :lol The links bewteen this and the other games were really well done. However I do have a few questions.

Spoilers (Don't read unless you've finished the game!):
Is there any reason that Vanitus looks like Sora, or was it just because Venitus looks like Roxas?

So Terra's effictively dead? Trapped in Xehanorts heart until he becomes a heartless/nobody before KH 1?

Gouty said:
But for this game and the PSP in particular this setup is awful. You spend more time pressing X than any other button, which is so near the bottom of the device your thumb remains in a constant bent, cramped position. The underused square button however is at a comfortable distance from the bottom, allowing your thumb to rest at a fully extended position.
Underused Square button? I think I used it more than any other button, especially during the last few fights, although I do agree with the annoying X button.

Peff

Diablos54 said:
So after finishing Aqua's story last night, and watching the secret movie, I have no reservations in saying that BbS is the best KH yet, which I must say I wasn't expecting at all. :lol The links bewteen this and the other games were really well done. However I do have a few questions.

Spoilers (Don't read unless you've finished the game!):
Is there any reason that Vanitus looks like Sora, or was it just because Venitus looks like Roxas?

So Terra's effictively dead? Trapped in Xehanorts heart until he becomes a heartless/nobody before KH 1?

Vanitas looks like Sora because when Sora was about to be born, he was connected to Ventus' fractured heart, filling the darkness side that was missing (because it took the shape of Vanitas) and since Ventus and Vanitas are also connected, Vanitas looks like whoevery is replacing him in Ventus' heart. Sora absorbing Ventus' heart at the end of the game is also why Roxas looks like Ventus and has emotions.

Also, it's very likely that Terra will get his body back eventually. When both someone's Heartless and Nobody are slain by a keyblade, they're supposed to revive in their original form, but that would still be Terranort as the main villain in KH3. I suppose Xehanort will end up having to go to Braig's body as hinted in the Secret Ending, leaving Terra free.

Mael

Pureauthor said:
Play Proud Mode and don't equip levels on Roxas!

Wait what? Days related right?

Also the general opinion on the game for someone who LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED KH1, liked pretty much CoM, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED KH2 past the Roxas part and really liked Days?

Fuu

Fimbulvetr said:
Think of it this way; it'll make the taste of BBS even sweeter for him.
Good point.

Mael said:
Wait what? Days related right?

Also the general opinion on the game for someone who LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED KH1, liked pretty much CoM, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED KH2 past the Roxas part and really liked Days?
Yes, Pureauthor was talking about Days.

And you'll love BbS.

Mael

Fuu said:
You'll love BbS.

Awesome!
I don't know what's up but I'm getting more games for my psp than for my wii....
Really weird for me.
as long as the battle system is awesome and they don't pull a KH2 with stuffs like atlantica I don't see me hating it (heck even then I loved the crazy organisation stuffs in KH2).
I guess it's better that I avoid all spoilers, right?

Fuu

Mael said:
I guess it's better that I avoid all spoilers, right?
It's better imo, I knew too much about KH2 and it ended up cheapening my experience. With BbS I made sure to know next to nothing and I'm having a blast.

Mael

Fuu said:
It's better imo, I knew too much about KH2 and it ended up cheapening my experience. With BbS I made sure to know next to nothing and I'm having a blast.

Pureauthor said:
On the other hand, I knew everything going in and I didn't find any problems.

Okay now I'm torn....
I went into Days knowing nearly everything and now I'm dragging my feet to finish it :lol
Well I guess I'll go with just what I know now
obvious spoiler....well if I got it right
Aqua being the actual hero here, Erauqs death, Vanitas being real villain, Ventus is actually Roxas what? how does that even begins to make sense. And Terra being the ultimate moron and Xehanort being...an old guy with keyblades....And that's about it

Yeah not that much :lol

Seda

Ah so that's why
Vanitas
looks like
Sora
. I knew that
Xehanhort brought Ventus to Destiny islands afters splitting his heart in 2 (Vanitas and Ventus, from the Xehanhort report) because Ventus wouldn't wake up. So Ventus only was able to wake up once his heart (now void of Vanitas) connected with Sora's?

I beat all three stories and I can take on the final mission, but I'm giving my Aqua more passive skills and levels (and commands) first.

Aru

I started the game in Expert mode, because KH2 was too easy on normal and I'm getting my ass kicked :lol

But the game is great :D The camera is a bit annoying though. I switch to B mode, seems more playable this way.

Top Bottom