• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

DarkKyo

Is there a good command deck melding recipe list anywhere? I'm at the end of the game for terra and really want to get some strong techniques for the finale.

So if I beat Terra on Normal am I totally screwed out of easily acquiring the secret ending? If I just play Ven and Aqua on Proud and then replay Terra on Proud, can I unlock it that way?

Jerk

Banned
TenshiOni said:
So if I beat Terra on Normal am I totally screwed out of easily acquiring the secret ending? If I just play Ven and Aqua on Proud and then replay Terra on Proud, can I unlock it that way?

Yes.

What exactly does the secret ending entail? Is there like an extra final boss or is it just an fmv hinting at the next game like Deep Dive or whatever it was called? If it's the latter, I'd rather just watch it on youtube when I'm done with the game.

xero273

cosmicblizzard said:
What exactly does the secret ending entail? Is there like an extra final boss or is it just an fmv hinting at the next game like Deep Dive or whatever it was called? If it's the latter, I'd rather just watch it on youtube when I'm done with the game.

yes, secret ending gives hints about the next game

Peff

TenshiOni said:
Sorry, but to which part? :lol

The second, you can get it by replaying the game.

Also, the Secret Ending is much explanatory than the other four, it's actually a ten-minute long in-game sequence that explains some points from the story, ties it even further to KH1/2 and hints to the next game (this is done half here, half in Coded). But yeah, you can watch it Youtube I guess.

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:

The secret ending in Birth by Sleep is unique in the series. It's basically a 10 minute epilogue that is actually a collection of voiced story scenes which bridges Birth by Sleep's conclusion with the rest of the KH series up to the KH2 ending itself.

It is not a concept video like Deep Dive or Gathering.

the secret ending is unlocked by beating the game with all characters on proud mode right?

also, do you get anything by collecting all of xehanort's reports?

and why does vanitas' keyblade look so awful?

Peff

Green Biker Dude said:
the secret ending is unlocked by beating the game with all characters on proud mode right?

also, do you get anything by collecting all of xehanort's reports?

and why does vanitas' keyblade look so awful?

1.- Yes, that's one of the ways.

2.- Oh, yes. In fact
You need them for the Secret Ending regardless of difficulty

3.- No u

Man, the Command Board has gotten me to hate some Disney characers in a way I didn't know possible. Pooh can be such a motherfucker.

badcrumble said:
Man, the Command Board has gotten me to hate some Disney characers in a way I didn't know possible. Pooh can be such a motherfucker.

lmao I know exactly how you feel. My girlfriend heard me raging about Gantu being a douchebag, the dice having a one square movement association against me and captain dark being a cuntfilled asshole. :lol

So I started Ven's story last night after finishing Terra's and so far i think Terra's is better.

Game play wise Ven is so much faster then Terra but feels much weaker.

I also discovered how much I missed by not using melding till the very end. Can make your characters so much more powerful by melding even just to get the auto abilities.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
So far this has been a pretty solid little game. Gaining those permanent abilities is incredibly addicting though I wish you could see what abilities exist and then plot a course for them instead of having to check a faq or just blindly guess.
The fact that I can’t re-map my buttons is idiotic. Jump should never, ever be O in an action game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
badcrumble said:
God, I hate him on that board. :lol

Colocho

Banned
Ok, this game is the fucking shit. I've only beaten KH2 (which I enjoyed a lot) and played a bit of 358/2 (which I didn't like at all), but this is so much better it ain't even funny, I've only played for about 6 hours (in one day mind you) and so far it's definitely on my top 3 games of the year.

What a great fucking game.

Any advice for fighting
Eraqus with Terra on Critical
? After the first loss I just have been traveling looking for missing treasure. I'm near level 30 as of now.

Urban Scholar said:
Any advice for fighting
Eraqus with Terra on Critical
? After the first loss I just have been traveling looking for missing treasure. I'm near level 30 as of now.

If you want to cheap your way out of the fight, Maxed Ragnarok + Ethers. Done.

Jerk

Banned
Gouty said:
So far this has been a pretty solid little game. Gaining those permanent abilities is incredibly addicting though I wish you could see what abilities exist and then plot a course for them instead of having to check a faq or just blindly guess.
The fact that I can’t re-map my buttons is idiotic. Jump should never, ever be O in an action game.

ThisX1000.

Man, Terra must be the most gullible video game character ever. The dude just believes every random stranger he meets instantly, even when they're the shadiest looking motherfuckers of all time.

Jerk

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Man, Terra must be the most gullible video game character ever. The dude just believes every random stranger he meets instantly, even when they're the shadiest looking motherfuckers of all time.

Yeah.

The sad part is that he does not get better.

Pureauthor said:
To be fair, every other good guy trusts Master Xehanort, so it's not like they're really that much better.

Can you really blame them? I mean, if a creepy old guy with a hoarse voice whose name contained an anagram of "No Heart" came up to me and started rambling about darkness, I know I'd trust him instantly.

Pureauthor said:
To be fair, every other good guy trusts Master Xehanort, so it's not like they're really that much better.

Aqua barely interacts with him. In fact, they've never shared a word at all. She kinda just sees him during her exam and then glares at him later(
and when Yen Sid tells her that Xehanort had a hand in "killing" Eraqus she doesn't seem very surprised.
)

Fimbulvetr said:
Aqua barely interacts with him. In fact, they've never shared a word at all. She kinda just sees him during her exam and then glares at him later(
and when Yen Sid tells her that Xehanort had a hand in "killing" Eraqus she doesn't seem very surprised.
)

She didn't stab him in the face when they met at the Land of Departure, and that's bad enough in my book.

badcrumble said:
Fuck Tigger and fuck Cinderella.

xKilltheMx said:
lmao I know exactly how you feel. My girlfriend heard me raging about Gantu being a douchebag, the dice having a one square movement association against me and captain dark being a cuntfilled asshole.
Your avatar threw me for a loop, man.

Pureauthor said:
She didn't stab him in the face when they met at the Land of Departure, and that's bad enough in my book.

He'd probably kill her.

She was just biding her time, she is the wisest of the 3 after all(that isn't really saying much, but still).

DarkKyo

KuwabaraTheMan said:
"I think I'll trust this incredibly douchey, crooked-looking pirate and then beat the shit out of a little red-headed boy in green without any speck of doubt that I may be doing something rash or destructive."

Seriously, he picks so many damn fights he doesn't need to.

To there credit, He is Nemoy. Who wouldn't listen to Spock...plus it's not like Mark Hamill ever plays a good guy anyway.. To me shit is backwards. (note: have not beat anyone's story but I figure Mark has to get his epic evil laugh on sooner or later.)

Dechaios said:
"I think I'll trust this incredibly douchey, crooked-looking pirate and then beat the shit out of a little red-headed boy in green without any speck of doubt that I may be doing something rash and destructive."

I liked how it took part of his character arc to realize that killing innocent people is bad. I bet it blew his little mind.

Actually Eraqus is the most guilty of all.
If you've played Ven's story and find out how he got his scars; you know what I'm talking about.

The game does have some challenging boss battles. I finally beat an annoying boss with Terra.

It was pretty frustrating but I finally got passed that punk! :D

Dechaios said:
"I think I'll trust this incredibly douchey, crooked-looking pirate and then beat the shit out of a little red-headed boy in green without any speck of doubt that I may be doing something rash or destructive."

fuck y'all, terra's story is pretty damn fun

beating the shit out of peter pan > beating the shit out of captain hook

Green Biker Dude said:

No it wasn't.

He was basically that dumb bird enemy with more health.

Aaron Strife said:
Fuck Tigger and fuck Cinderella.

Your avatar threw me for a loop, man.

Yeah yours has been doing the same to me for a while. Back when you had the mario face on it was okay, but now shit is weird. lol

Green Biker Dude said:

I appreciate that its different from the typical KH story to an extent, but the dude is pretty damn thick. I mean, he can be given a pass on Master Xehanort because his mentor is all buddy buddy with him, but most of the other characters he trusts are pretty damn shady and give no reason to be trusted.

"Hi, I'm a guy whose head is permanently on fire and I can teach you all about mastering darkness. Also I sound like a used car salesman."

"Sounds good! When do we start?"

Pureauthor said:
"Hi, I'm a guy whose head is permanently on fire and I can teach you all about mastering darkness. Also I sound like a used car salesman."

"Sounds good! When do we start?"

So you wouldn't trust James Woods?

I just got the game last weekend and loving it so far. Currently on my way to the Dwarf Woodlands with Terra on Proud Mode. Thank you Diamond Dust and Command Melding. And on top of that I've spent more time on The Command Board than playing the actual game. Seeing as this is close as the US will ever get to Idagaki Street Battle. Which is the crack and everyone should check out. For everybody having problems just remember to abuse your hand. Your first turn should always be Dice 2 or 3. Chances are you'll get the commands back by getting to a checkpoint or 2. On top of that Stun and Navigator are really good when you pull them out at the right time as well. My only issue originally was the control setup until I started using my PS3 controller and it just helps the combat flow a lot better for me. This is shaping up to be the best game in the series as of now. I hope all the games from here on out flow like this one.

Jerk

Banned
At the end of the day, all the blame can be safely placed at the feet of Eraqus.

Not only did he do a poor job of emotionally equipping Ventus and Terra, but he completely trusted Xehanort (someone he has absolutely 0 reason to trust).

DarkPanda

Gouty said:

Yes, THIS. Even after all the hours I've put into this game, every time I turn it after not playing for a while, or even after doing cutscene/non-fighting/mini game stuff for a while, I have to fight with myself to not press X to jump and square to attack. Also, I keep trying to open up the menu with triangle. I was obviously playing way too many console RPGs before this game.

Dechaios said:
Is there a good command deck melding recipe list anywhere? I'm at the end of the game for terra and really want to get some strong techniques for the finale.

There's one near the end of this FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/faqs/59102

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
DarkPanda said:
Yes, THIS. Even after all the hours I've put into this game, every time I turn it after not playing for a while, or even after doing cutscene/non-fighting/mini game stuff for a while, I have to fight with myself to not press X to jump and square to attack. Also, I keep trying to open up the menu with triangle. I was obviously playing way too many console RPGs before this game.

I’m with you %100, part of the problem is just conditioning. But for this game and the PSP in particular this setup is awful. You spend more time pressing X than any other button, which is so near the bottom of the device your thumb remains in a constant bent, cramped position. The underused square button however is at a comfortable distance from the bottom, allowing your thumb to rest at a fully extended position. Acknowledge our hands Japan and our long established button layout histories.

entremet

TenshiOni said:
Well...there's always Youtube.

Gouty said:
I’m with you %100, part of the problem is just conditioning. But for this game and the PSP in particular this setup is awful. You spend more time pressing X than any other button, which is so near the bottom of the device your thumb remains in a constant bent, cramped position. The underused square button however is at a comfortable distance from the bottom, allowing your thumb to rest at a fully extended position. Acknowledge our hands Japan and our long established button layout histories.
Blame Sony of America's standards that "X" has to be the main confirm command.

In the Japanese version attack is O and X is jump.

rinker

Anyone got a link to at video with at least english subs of the scenes before and after the aqua/xehanort fight?

Top Bottom