• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Cagey

Banned
My friend RVD shook the amercain wolves hands they were small, YES I SAID SMALL. WWEs loss really.

also why did they relseas chris hero if they are looking for "big guys"

Hero showed up at Final Battle and all I could think was "what the fuck have you been doing for the past 18 months?". I'm sorry, dude looks like shit. CM Punk gets flack for being skinnyfat, and he is, but Punk is almost magazine cover ready compared to Hero.

I shouldn't look like I'm in better shape than Chris Hero when his job is to look like (and be) in better shape than most fans.

Richards and Edwards -- at least Richards, anyway -- it's unfortunate because it's their stature. Davey Richards at 6'4" is getting signed ASAP. That's something beyond his control.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, Richards was going to quit because he couldn't juggle wrestling and his personal life, but has since managed to get his paramedic accreditation, so good on him.

Hoping he comes back to the UK soon, his match with Zack Sabre Jr. at Rev Pro's Uprising show was excellent and one of my favourite matches I've seen live this year. Great storytelling, as impossible as some may find that to believe.

Richards is a workhorse in the ring. According to Cornette, he's a nightmare to work with behind the scenes, but in terms of in-ring ability, there are few better. His cardio is off the chain.

Sad to hear about Edwards and Richards not getting WWE contracts. Both guys are extremely talented in regards to in-ring ability, and their promos aren't bad either. I doubt that Richards goes back to ROH after basically burning that bridge. TNA?...

G-Fex

wow so Wrestlemania XXX is already amazing.

CM Punk to star in the kickoff show with david otunga against the vicious forces of Jinder Mahall and Jack swagger.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should have brought back Sunday Night Heat so Edwards and Richards could job to Santino every week.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan will just use the Wyatts to get an advantage in the Rumble, and turn on them at the end.

Last 4 left in the Rumble will be the Wyatts (with DB) and they will all just stand in the ring doing nothing but stand and watch Bray rambling on the mic for 10 minutes as the show goes off the air with no winner.

Fuck the authority!

strobogo

Banned
Memphis was built around short guys and it was pretty successful for 30 some years running the same arena every Monday and always selling out. But fuck Davey Richards. I'm glad he didn't get hired. I don't want him ruining NXT.

The PG era ring style is fine. It's produced a lot of great wrestling. I think what Luchador is getting at is the idea of super finishers that only get used a few times a year or in particularly heated feuds being completely absent from WWE. But that was never really a part of the WWE style during any era. There were really only a few guys who ever had something like that in WWE. RVD and the Van Terminator before he started doing it regularly, Angle when he first started doing the grapevine with the ankle lock (which still kind of is the super finisher in the sense that no one gets out of it unless someone breaks it), and Taker with the tombstone during the American Bad Ass run. That's just never been a part of the WWE style.

Instead, they ran more with stealing finishers. Super finishers don't need to be crazy head drops or anything, they just need to be built up and protected. That was always more of a puro thing.

I know I've posted this match before but it just makes me laugh because everyone does everyone's finisher. Kurt Angle also looks fucking disgusting halfway through this match. Snot and blood all over the place. Such a fun match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRArn_gwGI

somedevil

I dunno, I think they're feeding Meltzer bs matches on purpose.

The whole Bray vs Cena thing pwinsider said is an old idea and not current. I do hope Bryan vs Undertaker happens because that would be awesome. I would like Brock vs Undertaker but Brock physical style will basically kill the undertaker in his current condition.

They should just do Cena vs Brock 2 instead and have Wyatts vs Shield and the match ends with Reigns face turn.

Ithil

I dunno, I think they're feeding Meltzer bs matches on purpose.

He had the three main events of WM 29 reported in August 2012, mind, and I saw a lot of people disbelieving all three for months, until the Rumble hit and suddenly it was clear all three were for real.

Snaku

Banned
Last 4 left in the Rumble will be the Wyatts (with DB) and they will all just stand in the ring doing nothing but stand and watch Bray rambling on the mic for 10 minutes as the show goes off the air with no winner.

Fuck the authority!

This would also be hilarious.

Striker

good on HHH for passing on more vanilla midgets who'd not sell the offence of guys twice their size.

Richards is miniscule, probably smaller than Bryan even.

it's a big body business, when your favourite company had to rely on Shawn and Bret it almost closed shop.
I'm fine with them passing on guys that are simple in size and look like everybody else. Like Dragon said, they don't need eight Daniel Bryan clones. They definitely need fresh big men who can work a bit, since Kane and Big Show are aging and should be attractions at this stage. They kill me by continually pushing out Khali still to this day as a wrestler. Doesn't help they still go for past stars to get bigger buys and for show ratings. I see why they do it, but they wouldn't need to if their booking for the past ten years hadn't been so poor.

As for the second part, Steve Austin wasn't a huge dude either.

4SkqcjR.gif

gurudyne

So HHH is taking up some bad habits of Vince. Fuck size concerns. They either get I over ir not. Size if a guy should not matter.

I really never understood this. Write a story that makes a guy a legend and book him well and it means a thousand times more than "He sure is big!"

somedevil

Chris Benoit will be on the WWE Network:

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE has sent out a memo stating that Chris Benoit footage will be allowed on its new Network broadcasts. There will be an advisory played before every show he appears on.

Watching a Dradition show from November. Tatsumi Fujinami must be a sadist to book his son Leona against Masakatsu Funaki for his debut match - he toys with the kid for a few minutes and then just kicks him to death;

funaki_leonakjunh.gif

I want Conway to win via White Devil bullshit and form a faction with Old Men Hansen and Race

But Conway suuuuuuuuuuuucks. Although, if NWA President Bruce Tharpe-des hires Harley Race to screw over Kojima, then I'm ok with that. Tharpe is such an amazing, over-the-top, dastardly villain. Easily the best thing about the NJPW/NWA stuff recently.

strobogo

Banned
I bet Harley was really good in his prime, but most of what I've seen was really boring except for some cool punches. I would guess most of his taped best work was probably in AJPW in the 70s instead of anything in the states.

I bet Harley was really good in his prime, but most of what I've seen was really boring except for some cool punches. I would guess most of his taped best work was probably in AJPW in the 70s instead of anything in the states.

I'm not a real big fan of Harley Race matches, but I really enjoy his promos. In fact when I searched for a Harley promo, the exact one I was thinking of was the first one that popped up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XBbdh1HHKc

Dude was serious as fuck.

strobogo

Banned
I think AJPW did the NWA style in the 70s/early 80s better than the NWA did in the US. It was the same basic style, but seemed more athletic and a little faster paced.

Yeah, pretty much - I've got a 5 disc Harley compilation, but it's entirely All Japan matches. Haven't seen much else of his work. I enjoyed his stuff with Jumbo and one or two of the matches with Baba are pretty good, but he was kept in tag matches a lot of the time during the latter end of the 80's.

Random Harley vs Jumbo match;

Jumbo Tsuruta (c) vs Harley Race - (AJPW 08/01/82)

But Conway suuuuuuuuuuuucks. Although, if NWA President Bruce Tharpe-des hires Harley Race to screw over Kojima, then I'm ok with that. Tharpe is such an amazing, over-the-top, dastardly villain. Easily the best thing about the NJPW/NWA stuff recently.

Yo Tharpe-des is basically Vince in Memphis except he's in fucking JAPAN

And we'll get an end to this angle

Just finished watching last weeks episode. Was a pretty solid episode. Did Jeff hardy really quit? What's up with that? Bully ray segment was great can't wait to see what happens with that. Didn't know Aries was x division champion. EC3 rolling up sting was strange to me for some reason. Of course Magnus as champion sounds good. Hope 2014 is a good year for TNA.

Wasn't able to watch for three weeks outside of Magnus winning the champion. Glad to be one of the few watching TNA here again.

Top Bottom