• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Never forget the GAF reaction when that happened.
It's even better when you remember that he already had a title match earlier at the PPV yet for some reason Henry isn't allowed the same luxury.
Speaking of which even if Brock destroys Show in convincing fashion at the rumble I will still hold onto the chance that Show enters the rumble anyway to much disappointment.

somedevil

Is the rumble in a decent city this year?

That event lives and dies by the crowd.

Pittsburgh which is notorious for sitting on there hands.

Also, with Bryan the WWE gave him a new hashtag to use on twitter called the Yesmovement. Catchy but to be said probably a lot on tv when he comes back.

Xater

Guys tomorrow is the day!

2bZXIh2.gif

Rapstah

They should try to do something like this at least every other year. Have someone who has no legitimate shot get a near fall or two. At worst you get a memorable moment, at best you get a decent push behind someone completely new that you can experiment with.

Antonio Cesaro could be this guy. They don't have a lot of that kind of people though.

Xater

I actually have no clue who is going to be the winner of the Rumble. They are probably going to put the title back on Cena right? So I guess they want a heel win of the Rumble?

Anth0ny

I actually have no clue who is going to be the winner of the Rumble. They are probably going to put the title back on Cena right? So I guess they want a heel win of the Rumble?

If Cena wins title match, Bryan wins rumble.
If Orton wins title match, Batista wins rumble.

Only two combinations that make sense to me.

Xater

I don't see Reigns winning it. Even though I like the idea it just feels too soon.

It probably is, but it would be a cool surprise. It would come out of nowhere because he isn't established in the title picture at all. The end could actually be him throwing out the other Shield members for the win.

If they mention this concussion business -at all- beyond he's out of the Rumble due to it or he suffered one, something's up in Denmark.

I remember when fighting over a spot in the Rumble was a thing, as well as having matches that determine which number you'd be. Shit just feels unenthusiastic these days. Just another PPV.

FyreWulff

I remember when fighting over a spot in the Rumble was a thing, as well as having matches that determine which number you'd be. Shit just feels unenthusiastic these days. Just another PPV.

Yeah, it felt strange recently when wrestlers just show up and go "I'm in the Rumble!"

"but don't you have to ea-"

"I DO WHAT I WANT"

Verendus

Banned
I think the only three possible winners are Batista, CM Punk, and Bryan. Outside of those, it would take something ridiculous like The Rock returning. From those three though, it seems CM Punk could be out of the running since it does seem like CM Punk vs. Triple H is being set up for Wrestlemania. I highly doubt that would be for the title. I also don't see CM Punk in any potential main event at the moment since the opponents don't seem to fit.

That leaves Daniel Bryan and Batista as the only possible winners in my eyes. The only way Batista is being thrown out of that Royal Rumble is by somone like Lesnar. No normal superstar will eliminate him. It would make sense if Lesnar is eliminated by Batista that he just comes right back in and gets rid of him. That keeps them both looking strong and they can carry on the rivalry through the Elimination Chamber by screwing each other over for the title. Batista's promo mentions he wants the title, and Lesnar's current storyline is that he wants the title. So you could work it all into that and get them out of the title hunt post Elimination Chamber.

Batista's return is being hyped a huge amount though, so it'd be anti-climactic that he returns and doesn't win. That's why I think he's winning and Lesnar is taking the title in the Elimination Chamber.

One day remains. The Brotista era begins again.

Rapstah

Lesnar isn't in the match.

Exactly ten years ago he interfered and threw out Goldberg (edit: can't be arsed to correct this to what he actually did, but you get my point) without being in the match though so it's not out of the picture.

Verendus

Banned
Lesnar isn't in the match.

Exactly ten years ago he interfered and threw out Goldberg without being in the match though so it's not out of the picture.
True, but it'd be a bit random that he just comes in and throws out Batista when they've had no altercations. I hope Lesnar is in the match. It would absolutely be terrible if we get him for PPV and he's wasted on Big Show.

Xater

Watching the 2012 Rumble match right now and right at the start we have Miz throwing an elbow to an non existing opponent. lol

"Alberto Del Rio Mexican Ring Skirts"???

("Sting"???)

Ah so that's the plan for face Roman Reigns, Reindeer Rei(g)ns, the spear will be renamed the antler attack and he jingles away in the corner for move the start up.

Watching the 2012 Rumble match right now and right at the start we have Miz throwing an elbow to an non existing opponent. lol
He's just making sure no one sneaks up on him, such ring awareness from the Ice Cold Miz.

Verendus

Banned
How many stars have WWE pushed with multiple title wins or main event runs, and they're all basically failures for the most part? Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz. I can't even believe The Miz was in the main event of Wrestlemania 27. I can't believe either Sheamus or Del Rio won a Royal Rumble. The two titles really screwed them over in my opinion. You've had a bunch of glorified mid-carders basically having multiple title runs. CM Punk should have won in 2011 and gone on to face Cena at Wrestlemania 27. I wanted him to win in 2010. I still can't understand how he hasn't managed to win and somehow Del Rio and Sheamus did.

2012 was pretty much screwed either way since Punk was champion. 2013 they got around thanks to The Rock. This year they at least have someone worthy like Bryan on the active roster, and CM Punk since he hasn't already won.

WWE's done a terrible job of building new stars.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Holy shit

As noted earlier, Daniel Bryan was advertised to perform at the Hammond, Indiana house show on Saturday, but was unable to appear because of his concussion that he suffered on Monday's episode of Raw.

When the announcement was made by Tony Chimel at the event, the crowd was not happy and Chimel was booed heavily. To make good on the situation, the WWE actually announced that fans could be offered a refund.

In the past, the absence of John Cena has commanded the WWE to offer refunds for live events

somedevil

Holy shit

Basically the two tours are the Bryan and Punk one and the Cena one. So Bryan is one top guys advertised for those house shows so that's why they are offering refunds.

Also in Indie Wrestling or Sonjay Dutt deserves better:

A representative of the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission stepped in and shut down the Omni Wrestling show in Sperry, Oklahoma on Saturday. The show was shut down about five minutes into a match between Sonjay Dutt and Michael Wolf when the action was taken into the crowd, a violation of the commission's rules. There was still one match scheduled to take place on the card.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
More news about bryan's concussion:
Regarding Daniel Bryan's concussion suffered on last week's RAW, the feeling is still that it's pretty serious. As noted, he was kept off this weekend's live events and was at home resting.

Bryan managed to get through the match last week without missing any spots. However, at the end of the show when he was on top of the cage leading the "yes!" chants, right before the show ended Bryan suddenly stopped and sat there, looking around like he was unsure. A WWE stagehand laid on the ground, looked up at him and started gesturing for him to keep chanting. Bryan just looked at the guy seemingly completely confused. Bryan later told WWE officials that he barely remembered anything that happened in the cage.

Word going around this weekend is that Bryan's planned Royal Rumble match against Bray Wyatt is off.

Backstage, Bryan's big moment was a hot topic. A source said, "The whole backstage was in awe. Vince McMahon loves Bryan."

Top Bottom