• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Aiii

So not worth it
- For what it's worth, it's said that Triple H vs. CM Punk for WrestleMania XXX is a lock. Plans are to do another "Summer of Punk" style program, possibly leading to Punk vs. Batista at SummerSlam.

Triple H needs those WM wins. I guess WWE got annoyed at TNA stealing their angle.

- The feeling is that when Roman Reigns turns babyface and splits from The Shield, likely in February, that he will be replaced with a new member in the group. Mason Ryan's name has been discussed.
Heh. Ridiculous.

Rapstah

The Shield is going to be the new Nation of Domination. It'll still exist in 2018 with Santino Marella and The Miz as the sole remaining members.

Xater

I'm still wondering what the hell it means. I haven't bothered giving the demo a spin yet.

Here's the thread though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745165

I wish there was a gif of Brock Lesnar giving an F5 to the NeoGaf logo. I'd use that in probably every thread.

The name actually comes from a game mechanic. The demo sucks by the way. The game is cool, I am 15 hours into it.

I eagerly await Stro's review

That would be amazing.

They are going to keep the Shield around as a group with a brew member? Don't know how I would feel about that.

2AwYcxj.gif

strobogo

Banned
Lesnar clears the ring points at the mania sign, hes going there to take on anyone
30th entrance
lights go out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q41UvkovDTQ
red, white and blue pyro
does a shooting star to kill bork and toss him over, "thats for breaking my neck" he says
picks the mic
says i already had titles and medals

This time at mania, I want the Streak

VCM4J3Q.png

I wasn't kidding. I think a match with Brock could legitimately kill Kurt Angle at this stage in his life.

Striker

Triple H needs those WM wins. I guess WWE got annoyed at TNA stealing their angle.
Wrestling angles (and for the most part gimmicks as well) are going to be recycled. WWE is no different. The world title unification angle is one played by Flair-Sting back for WCW in the mid 90's, for instance. The AJ-Dixie thing is a ripoff of the Punk-Vince thing, but the WWE completely botched that angle I don't know why people even consider defending it. They had a huge chance to make another big star but failed to do so.

G-Fex

I'm still wondering what the hell it means. I haven't bothered giving the demo a spin yet.

Here's the thread though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745165

I wish there was a gif of Brock Lesnar giving an F5 to the NeoGaf logo. I'd use that in probably every thread.

Seriously they're arguing over censoring these things (Which is better).

Why am I not surprised.

Give gaming what they want, give them their scantily clad little underage midget things.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Triple H/Punk ain't happening because there is no reasoning behind it.

Punk doesn't have the title. He's too busy beating up the rookies.

Triple H ain't much of a heel now as he hasn't done anything heelish since ....October?

He came out during Orton/Big Show but he didn't actually do anything.

Goddamn gaming side is just dangerous. I should stay away from there.

That fucking Bravely Default thread has gotten out of hand.

People could save themselves from so many bans if they would just take a deep breath, ask themselves "is this really worth it," and then delete the tab. I've probably saved myself from being banned at least 10 times by doing this in both Gaming and OT.

Triple H ain't much of a heel now as he hasn't done anything heelish since ....October?

Punk attacked him in the brawl just a few weeks ago.

G-Fex

People could save themselves from so many bans if they would just take a deep breath, ask themselves "is this really worth it," and then delete the tab. I've probably saved myself from being banned at least 10 times by doing this in both Gaming and OT.

then there would be almost no posts in gaming side

Xater

There might be no reason now but they might slap something together real quick. It seems to be one of those Wrestlemania seasons where WWE doesn't really know where they are going. At least as a viewer that's what it looks like.

strobogo

Banned

There are a lot of threads where I type something out and then think, "Would I be comfortable saying this while Bish stares at me?".

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

iMax

Bryan v Triple H. Now that would be killer.

jobber

Punk attacked him in the brawl just a few weeks ago.

That's because Triple H was trying to get him off Orton. HBK kicked Punk not Triple H. Triple H gave a pedigree to Orton.

There might be no reason now but they might slap something together real quick. It seems to be one of those Wrestlemania seasons where WWE doesn't really know where they are going. At least as a viewer that's what it looks like.

Yeah and it sucks. Punk's 27 and 28 matches had a long played out storyline (Orton punting Punk 2 years before and Jericho's "Best" reasoning.) We already saw Punk/Triple H during his big storyline and Punk lost clean.

Nobody outside the internet noticed that.

strobogo

Banned
Not only that, everyone in the ring scoffed at it, which was the whole point of the segment. Internet folks find it really had to separate the ego of HHH the character and HHH the man.

That's because Triple H was trying to get him off Orton. HBK kicked Punk not Triple H. Triple H gave a pedigree to Orton.

Yeah and it sucks. Punk's 27 and 28 matches had a long played out storyline (Orton punting Punk 2 years before and Jericho's "Best" reasoning.) We already saw Punk/Triple H during his big storyline and Punk lost clean.

Punk didn't lose clean....why the hell do people keep saying this?

That matched was overbooked nonsense.

Ithil

People outside the internet probably noticed Punk punching HHH in the face shortly afterwards.

jobber

People outside the internet probably noticed Punk punching HHH in the face shortly afterwards.

Yep. There was a follow up to it the next week with Punk calling out Triple H but HBK came out. Since then it's been nothing. Punk was booked in matches where Triple H had no say in it. He let the fans pick his partners.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep. There was a follow up to it the next week with Punk calling out Triple H but HBK came out. Since then it's been nothing. Punk was booked in matches where Triple H had no say in it. He let the fans pick his partners.
Triple H was on holiday and they were filler Raw's.

There are nearly four months to build this match. That's sixteen Raw's at least to build up to it. Why rush?

Ithil

That's because it was a tease for WM, not the start of the WM story. That's probably going to start after the Rumble.

In my TEW game I'm working towards a Punk/HHH conflict at some point, as HHH claims he made Punk by letting him share the limelight with DX back in Survivor Series 2006. Even back then HHH knew what was best for business.

Punk of course gets pissed off with this as NOBODY made CM Punk but CM Punk. CM Punk was CM Punk before he even entered the WWE, sure he might be a 'Heyman Guy', but not even Paul Heyman made CM Punk. He simply put the pimpbomb in his hand.
So for someone as traditional and as archaic as HHH to claim he made CM Punk... nobody made CM Punk.

somedevil

HHH vs Punk is happening because HHHNEEDSAMATCHATMANIA #YOUSTILLGOTIT

Yep, it will be for the company and Punk needs his win back and they need to keep as happy as possible for him because his contract runs out this year. WWE needs him for another 3 years.

DMczaf

Yep, it will be for the company and Punk needs his win back and they need to keep as happy as possible for him because his contract runs out this year. WWE needs him for another 3 years.

THAT MAN GETS US A SNACK ONCE IN A WHILE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Top Bottom