• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Just give lifetime warranties on that stuff. Chances are you'll upgrade in a few years time anyway, and if you do you'll stick with the guys who say they've got your back 4 lyfe.

jmdajr

Steve Smith on Ric Flair: That 'bridge has been burned'

Old habits die hard.

Professional wrestling legend Ric Flair, one of Charlotte's most revered "sports" figures, pledged his allegiance to the San Francisco 49ers during a team meeting in Wisconsin on Saturday night.

Flair used to be a season ticket holder of his hometown Carolina Panthers, bellowing his trademark "Wooooo!" on the scoreboard. He was a regular at games of the Carolina Hurricanes and Charlotte Hornets. He's tight with South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier.

As wrestlers are wont to do, Flair has turned heel.

Xater

So my Xonar DG fried a week or so ago, ASUS finally got back to me and informed me that the warranty is only 1 year + 90 days, so I'm shit out of luck....OR I can pay the RMA repair cost of $119.99...

The sound card is $29.99 MSRP...dafuk.

Well the obvious option then is to buy a new one I guess. Still that repair price is pretty ridiculous. They don#t they just offer you to get a new one for that price?

DMczaf

Well the obvious option then is to buy a new one I guess. Still that repair price is pretty ridiculous. They don#t they just offer you to get a new one for that price?

Probably the first time I've had support not bend over backwards to make me happy. Logitech and Amazon have been godsends when it comes to support.

Whatevs, ASUS is lucky they make the best sound cards dollar-for-dollar. I'm getting another Xonar DG from Amazon for $19.99 after mail-in rebate.

Downhome

I was happy to hear on the latest WO show that the Benoit still will remain intact on the "network" and the only change will be that the shows with him on it there will be a "warning" of some sort.

JR just said on Twitter that he will not be at RAW tonight since he wasn't invited. That's pretty darn scummy if you ask me.

Such a tough decision. Is the rule still in where if two people pick the same guy then you won't notify them? I have a few picks that need to make it in but I'm sure that others here will choose them... but what if they don't and... ahhhhh!

Yeah, I'll only notify you if you pick someone not already in the list and we've passed the maximum number of entries. If you pick a duplicate, you won't know about it until the stream starts.

Also, get your entries in quickly! 10 wrasslers picked so far, one duplicate.

No one's picked any of the ones you mentioned, as of yet

DMczaf

I was happy to hear on the latest WO show that the Benoit still will remain intact on the "network" and the only change will be that the shows with him on it there will be a "warning" of some sort.

JR just said on Twitter that he will not be at RAW tonight since he wasn't invited. That's pretty darn scummy if you ask me.

Next step on WWE's attempt to erase JR from history, have Michael Cole redo all of JR's commentary starting from 1993.

Aiii

So not worth it
Come on, JR was fired and has been taking shots at Vince ever since, there's no way he'll be at a WWE event for quite a while.

Downhome

Pretty great shot...

rFMAhj5.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Well they forgave Flair apparently after that whole WWE14 debacle. Heck, supposedly that's what get Jim fired.

Well, Flair had some things going on, his son died after all. Rumor has it he was in WWE sponsored rehab soon after. They did end up not giving him a contract though, which was the plan initially. Stephanie pretty much put the blame on JR because he didn't reign in Flair's drunken ramblings and things escalated from there.

strobogo

Banned
I think I'm going to take a break from Memphis and watch Wrassle Kingdom and then take a day or two off from wrestling to prevent burn out.

jred2k

WWE could do a 5 DVD set of Flair just getting drunk and telling stories and I'd watch. Or just some sort of commentary over some of his best matches, eventually he'd start to ramble and forget about the match.

Downhome

I think so did most people watching. Sadly the same can't be said about Steph.

Even the people putting on the show were thrilled with how it came across. They didn't fire JR for what happened. They just used it as an excuse to get rid of him once and for all, that's it.

Kaladin

WWE could do a 5 DVD set of Flair just getting drunk and telling stories and I'd watch. Or just some sort of commentary over some of his best matches, eventually he'd start to ramble and forget about the match.

Highspots did a 4 disc set that was something like 13 hours.

A bit much for a shoot interview IMO.

Downhome

Highspots did a 4 disc set that was something like 13 hours.

A bit much for a shoot interview IMO.

Oh but it was glorious. I bought the version that they had him sign and I think it was worth every cent. Even if there were more than a few shots of him spitting tobacco into a cub. Ugh.

Kaladin

Oh but it was glorious. I bought the version that they had him sign and I think it was worth every cent. Even if there were more than a few shots of him spitting tobacco into a cub. Ugh.

Oh, I got that one also. That shoot probably has enough content to fill a book.

UberTag

WrassleGAF Rumble entry submitted... decided to roll with someone more photogenic and deserving this year.
(Please... don't let Bo Dallas win. Anything but that.)

Just send me a PM with your pick, but quickly, we're over half way full.

18/30 entries so far.

I decline the Rumble contest because I don't want to get stuck with a Bo or Miz avatar.

Ah, come on - that danger's what makes the thrill. Don't be like your avatar, Axl the Cowardly Lion.

Top Bottom